Who's left so far? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I don't know if there is a roll call thread. I haven't really been very active on here. I'm pulling up the end of the month with a 40w edb of 7/30. There have been so many wonderful birth announcements recently it's making me a little antsy, I think. I'm wondering who's left and how long we all have left.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#2 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 06:25 PM

I'm due 7/31 and I'm still here. :p

heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif heartbeat.gif

#3 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 06:36 PM

My EDD is tomorrow and I am hanging in there! I suspect there are still a lot of us left.
#4 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 06:47 PM

Me! Due 7/24 and pretty ready to get this show on the road!

#5 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 07:04 PM

7/29 and sooooo ready

#6 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 07:12 PM

Me! I've been inactive for a long time now, but I've been on recently to read all the inspirational birth stories. I'm hoping that something will happen very very soon! I'm due July 29th, which puts me at 38 weeks and 4 days.  Here's to hoping that something gets started soon!

Good luck ladies!

Loving my twin boys! fencing.gif 11/03/2009 And my daughter 08/16/11 hearts.gif novaxnocirc.gif vbac.gifmomma  chicken3.gif Homesteader supermod.gif Doula

#7 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 08:23 PM

My EDD was July 14th, so that puts me at 40 weeks and 5 days. I hoping I'll go soon! I can't wait to meet this baby. 

I'm Cait  - married to my best friend Mike and Mama to Theo (7/30/11)  baby.gif

#8 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 PM

I was due July 12th and am feeling very discouraged.

#9 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 08:47 PM

I've been lurking for a while now, but I'm still here...EDD July 31st.

joy.gifLoving life with   geek.gifDH   biggrinbounce.gifDS1 (5/7/09) and   babyboy.gifDS2 (7/23/11)

#10 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 09:47 PM

Im here too~ contently waiting , my due date was today. I'm hanging in fine besides sleep... Was 10 days "late" with last babe so I assume I have a few to go. So mamas here's to a positive end to pregnancy! Babies must like that kind of thing for their beginning.

#11 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 09:56 PM

Me too.  Guess date of 7/28 although I'm doing well...no sleeping issues (knock knock).  We still have a lot of work to do and I have 2 days left of my work so he can hang out for a bit longer if it pleases him.

I'm the anomaly I guess.

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

#12 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 09:58 PM

I'm due 7/25 and so ready. I love reading all the birth stories and seeing the adorable pictures, but I can't wait to post my own!!!

Add that to the fact that my OB's office called me today about scheduling an induction for 8/2. I was like "WHAT? Who said anything about an induction?" Totally freaked me out, but after talking to my awesome doula, I feel a lot better. Now I'm trying everything in my power to get this guy going! 

#13 of 150 Old 07-19-2011, 11:14 PM

I'm here too! Guess date is on Friday 7/22 and my others were born at at least 41w2d but I'm very ready.  I had a bunch of  'contractions' last night and was hopeful but managed to go to sleep and...well....I'm still preggo this morning!  Trying to be patient but I'm so excited to meet this baby and get started on nursing and cuddling!

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
#14 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 04:04 AM - Thread Starter

There are still quite a few of us. Cool! Thanks for responding.

All of my children came 1-2 days past their edds so I'm not expecting anything to happen before the 30th. I've actually been kind of hoping for August 1st or 2nd since the beginning. I'm happy to keep baby in as long as he needs to be but I'm also anxious to get this over with. This has definitely been my hardest pg so far and now I have SPD. It's really depressing being in so much pain and not able to do things with my other kids. They are getting very upset by it and it will be even harder when they realize we'll have a few weeks after baby is born when we can't do much, either. So, while I don't want this baby to come early, I hope these next two weeks go by fast.

knit.gifSAHM to 3 boys and 1 man; 22 jammin.gif, 9REPlaySkateboard04HL.gif, 5 FIREdevil.gifand now 1 year oldtoddler.gif!

#15 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 04:08 AM

I'm here! Due July 25 but my guess was that baby will show up in august.
#16 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 05:27 AM

Me!

My 1st EDD (my date) was Sunday...and we THOUGHT he was on his way!  I had un-productive birthing pains for almost 8 HOURS!  I even mentioned to Eddie that if I was going to go through all of that for 8 HOURS...he should come on!  But, no.

My 2nd EDD (Dr provided) is the 29th.  I don't want to wait that long!  

However, I'm sort-of on "house-arrest" by my mom because of being due any day now...and THIS morning..I'm busting out!  Heading to Starbucks and Target.  He's more than welcome to come anytime after I get home!  :-)  Oh...and finish washing all those diapers, of course!

Mrs B

#17 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 05:51 AM - Thread Starter

Haha, Mrs. B! Run away, run away!

#18 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)

I'm still here too.  Due July 29th.  REALLY ready to be done, several days with false labor, a membrane sweep and still no baby.  Trying to harness what little bit of patience I have left.

Gretchen , Mom to DD (7/09) DS (7/11) Expecting #3 12-14
#19 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 06:38 AM

I was due on the 12th, I have until next Tues (42 wks) or I have a scheduled C/S. greensad.gif

Looks like I'm not going to have another Crab, Finn's gonna be a Lion.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#20 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 07:16 AM

Still hanging in over here. EDD 7/29 (day my husband has to go back overseas, so I would really like to go early). So far not enough to beg to be induced--but then I picked a very natural doctor who doesn't approve of that anyway, so I will just be waiting 2whistle.gif

I love hearing all the stories also! Gives a girl hope!

#21 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 08:13 AM

I am still here, EDD 7/30.  Nothing much happening except sometimes I'm getting intense cramping, feels like menstrual cramps.  This is my first, so I don't know if it's a contraction or not, but I don't think so.  Ladies with children at home, my hat goes off to you.  I couldn't imagine doing this with little ones to chase after.  I worked a full day yesterday and was in tears by last night because I was so tired and so uncomfortable. 

I do want the babe to get here already, but I'm loving the quiet alone time with my husband, pre-baby.

Danielle (29)reading.gif married to my best friend Lou guitar.gif since 9/10/10 stillheart.gif ,mama to Ada Adelleenergy.gif since 8/5/11, and expecting a new addition around 4/19/14 stork-boy.gif
#22 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 10:07 AM - Thread Starter

Danielle ~ Those sound like contractions to me. They can feel like menstrual cramps. That's good. It means your body is already working toward birth. Like my MW says, every contraction you have now is one less you have to have during labor. winky.gif

#23 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 10:17 AM

For those getting alternate EDDs....if they're from a U/S, they don't mean anything.  Heads often measure a little smaller so they can fit thru the pelvis & birth canal.  Your EDD is mainly based off your LMP.  Going over is normal...apparently going way over is normal for me.

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."- Albert Einstein

#24 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 12:52 PM

I was due on the 15th, so I'm a wee bit late.  I was starting to get discouraged, but I've been using "Peace and Patience" as my mantra, and that is helping so much! 

I had a little scare yesterday~  at my appt, my blood pressure was 147/88, so they had me go to the hospital for some tests.  I am only 50% effaced and not dilated at all, so my cervix is obviously not ready for labor.  All the hospital staff were throwing the words "induce" and "c-section" and "epidural" around, and it was quite scary.  I chose to view the experience as practice instead of freaking out  :) 

Using good breathing and visualizations, I was able to coax my blood pressure down to as low as 95/60!!!  Each time the cuff would go off, I would just imagine myself and my sweet baby floating on giant waves.  It became a fun game to see how low I could actually get it!!!  I'm really glad that the experience happened... I feel very confident and prepared mentally/physically/spiritually now!

BUT the wait continues....   (peace and patience.... peace and patience....)   :-) 

#25 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 01:06 PM

Thanks Marine Wife!  What a day it turned out to be!  Maybe...well, no, I'm glad I went out!

I went to my mom's, then we went to Target.  Met a friend for Starbucks.  BACK across town for lunch with my mom, then to the chocolate shop, saw a HORRIBLE wreck on the way home (could have done with out that) and home.  

Just off the phone with a friend of my mom's who is a hypnotist.  We are doing Hypnobabies, but are about 2 weeks "behind" schedule.  And while I KNOW it works...I have my doubts about how well I am doing with my practice and retention.

My mom's friend is coming tomorrow to do a "pain" hypnotism.  I'm really excited!

So...now, Eddie MUST hold on ONE. MORE. Day!

Mrs B

#26 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 01:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by awallrising View Post

For those getting alternate EDDs....if they're from a U/S, they don't mean anything.  Heads often measure a little smaller so they can fit thru the pelvis & birth canal.  Your EDD is mainly based off your LMP.  Going over is normal...apparently going way over is normal for me.

yeahthat.gif The first thing I always think when someone says they are late is that their dates are probably off. Basing edd on lmp, even with the 2 week window either way, is very inaccurate since it assumes a 28 day cycle with ovulation on day 14, which actually rarely happens.

Especially if you have long or irregular cycles. When I was pg with ds2, the docs considered me 4w pg 2 days before I had even conceived. I know when I conceived because I chart so I know when I ovulated. So by my lmp, they had me 2 1/2 weeks ahead. I even had an ER doc tell me I had a blighted ovum and needed a D&C because he insisted I was 8w even though I kept telling him I was only 5w4d. I got an early u/s at my 9w and they moved their edd for me only 4 days before my own but still had it early.

#27 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 02:07 PM

I am here, though just been lurking for eons on mdc. I'm due 7/25, aiming for my 2nd VBAC after my first pregnancy was done for breech presentation. First VBAC was at 39 weeks on the nose, and my m/w has said they really thought I'd go around the same time again, especially since I've been having prodromal labor on and off x 2 weeks. (Ctx every few mins for several hours several times weekly, but they always peter out.) Based on the frequent ctx I got done at work last week (plus sitting at the desk really aggravated cervix discomfort), and now I feel a bit silly sitting here, on maternity leave already.

But here I sit with nothing happening at 39w2d. (I'm sure of dates thanks to a 7wk u/s and my DH's travel schedule around the time of conception.)

Ugh. So far I'm doing lots of walking on the treadmill, swimming breaststroke 30 mins every other day, EPO every night with Instead Cup (b/c I get up so frequently to pee this made sense), and as of last night I've added in DTD. (The Instead cup works great, if you guys have issues with being up-down-up-down all night

I'm getting discouraged- I know the stats of successful VBACs go down the further you go along. Today I fired up the Medela breast pump, and have just finished my 3rd 20-minute pumping session- with no results.

Ugh, so ready like the rest of you. Have a m/w appt tomorrow morning, I guess we'll do a membrane sweep though it sounds really uncomfortable. irked.gif

Mom to 3 awesome kids, 6.5y, 6.5y, 4.5y, plus a newbie born this year.

#28 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 02:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

my dd is july 24th....anxiously waiting:)

Mama to oneone, and a brand new!
#29 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 04:44 PM

marinewife- It's ridiculous that your Dr was insisting that your conception date was different than what you knew it to be. 

I actually know the exact date of conception (well day the seeds were placed) & it happened to be exactly 14 days LMP.   Funny b/c I never had regular periods until a 2.5 yr hiatus while being pg with DS & breastfeeding (hope that happens again!).  I could add a few days for actual conception though & then statistically most women go over.  While getting my biophysical profile, my EDD (on the screen), kept changing based on the measurements she was taking.  So I don't think those late EDD changes mean much.  I had IVF with DS so again I knew exactly when my conception date was.

I've been having lots of contractions, cramps, etc. which I guess is how I got to 50% effaced & 1 cm.... I am ready for more though!

#30 of 150 Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by talay View Post

I know the stats of successful VBACs go down the further you go along.

I'm having my 3rd VBAC (my 1st was c/s, too) and I've never heard that. 39w2d isn't even full term yet so I wouldn't be worried at this point. You could still have 3 weeks to go. winky.gif
Quote:
statistically most women go over

My MWs say that the average length of a pg that is allowed to progress without any fiddling is 41 weeks and 1-3 days, so even knowing the date of conception, the 40w edd is more than a week early. The problem is that most docs fiddle with things toward the end, sometimes without even informing the women they are doing it to, like stripping membranes without informing the woman. Plus, I wouldn't be surprised if those weekly cervical checks mess with things.

That's one thing I love about my MWs. I have not had one internal exam this entire pg. I didn't have one with my last, either. My MW likes to joke that she loves the fact that she doesn't have to look at a woman's vagina before she actually gives birth.

Tags
Birth 6 Months Toys , Lamaze Seemless Comfort Maternity Bra , Motherhood Maternity Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page