Why am I so tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-06-2011, 07:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Anyone else just very fatigued post partum? My little one is a month old now, I go to sleep around 9PM when she does. She sleeps right next to me and I nurse her all night but overall get a fair amount of sleep, then we get up at 5:30 or 6. I also usually get a 1-2 hour nap during the day. I have a 3 yo as well but 3 days a week she goes to preschool from 9-3. So why am I so tired? Maybe I'm just a wimp? (It's ok, you can say it.)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-06-2011, 10:33 AM

ddc I would keep taking your prenatal vitamins.  Your body is spending alot of energy making milk for your little one and it can be taxing on your body.

Love tocrochetsmilie.gifand have way to much yarn!   teapot2.GIF is always on at my place.  
Wife familybed1.gif, momma femalesling.GIF, teacher homeschool.gif and all that is inbetween to A b. 31/12/04,  W b. 27/10/06vbac.gif,  V b 17/01/09hbac.gif, and     G b. 09/09/11hbac.gif

#3 of 4 Old 08-06-2011, 10:55 AM

I haven't quite gotten used to not sleeping for more than 2-3 hours at a time since baby's birth. It's hard to sleep when he sleeps, although I try, but I'm crabby trying to nap in the daytime because it's so warm and loud around here.

I am still taking my vitamins and trying to eat well, but I feel pretty 'meh' most of the time. I think I'm bogged down by the lack of solid sleep and the continual PP bleeding - both of these issues make me feel fatigued even if it's just a mental thing.

Hope you feel better mama! You're no wimp!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#4 of 4 Old 08-06-2011, 03:56 PM

I'd guess your iron stores have been depleted.  I'd recommend supplements or more iron rich foods.   I took alfalfa and netles in teas pre-pg and it seems to have really worked for me.  I'm 3 days post delivery with very little bleeding and I think that has helped with the fatigue factor.  I don't have a second lo to chase after so that can definitely be part of it too. 

Don't think you are a wimp at ll momma.  Hang in there hug2.gif

Becky, homebirth.jpg momma to Rafe 8/2/2011,  wife to Sky & mom to our  dog2.gif   dog2.gifcorgis. 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page