Why we are postpartum geniuses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Goofy thread alert!

I didn't know what would actually be useful postpartum but now that I'm in it... but now I know I'm such a genius because I'm glad....

• I got cloth pads for PP bleeding (after the few days of adult diapers...another good call I wasn't sure I'd need)
  • I had my hubs freeze up some of his lentil soup to have right after the birth (it was like magic to eat after such hard work :)
  • I bought myself a pair of shorts that I liked so I could wear them every day and feel good PP
  • I got some of that Earth Mama nipple balm and got some cloth nursing pads
  • I had a friend in town for 2 weeks PP who is a fantastic cook

Anyone else totally good because of your pre-birth preparations? :)

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#2 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 04:15 PM

the Old Navy roll over waist skirts that I bought while pregnant are like the only thing I wear and feel good in.  I want one in every color of the rainbow.

The mini fridge my DH brought up to our bedroom.  When I'm pumping it's great to be able to put the milk right in the fridge.  Keeping water and cooling breast pads cold plus any snacks has been a life saver for my not so fun breastfeeding and c-sec healing.

I wish I had lentil soup.  When I do this again I will make more frozen meals.  I'm having a hard time feeding myself with this little guy who doesn't want to be put down. 

#3 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 05:05 PM

I'm sure I'm going to be interrupted by someone at any moment but wanted to contribute:

I am so super thrilled with pretty much all of the new maternity clothes that I bought this time.  There is no reason that I can't keep wearing them, they totally don't look like maternity.  Lots of capris and long fitted tanks - they are fabulous.  I wouldn't even mind keeping some of this pregnancy weight through the rest of the hot months (so nearly through November here) so the pants don't start to look too loose.

I took all the help that was offered and then some.  My mother-in-law spent lots of time helping us, in addition to regular babysitting of DS1, we paid her to clean the house once a week from week 37 through after DS2 was born.  Tremendously helpful to have a clean house.  She does the big stuff that takes me too long like vacuuming and mopping our whole house.  I was even off work on vacation the week that I gave birth and it was still nice to have someone else come clean so I could relax and spend time with DS1. She's coming to clean tomorrow while DS2 and I go to a local babywearing meetup. thumb.gif

I was borderline OCD with keeping everything in the house stocked up.  From milk and butter all the way to cat food and cleaning supplies - if I didn't have a full supply of whatever - I *had* to go to the store to replenish.  It was really great to know that we didn't need anything from anywhere.  I spent a lot of time shopping those last few weeks.

I'm just stoked that all my preparations paid off and allowed me to completely focus on our newest little addition.  I was preparing like a crazy person though, and I'm finding that it's hard to shut that off and go back to normal.  Every little thing that is out of place or dirty now drives me nuts.  My brain doesn't know that I'm not supposed to be nesting anymore!  

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

#4 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 06:31 PM

:)

~Happy to have accepted baby meal train offer from friends, we are usually a bit reclusive after the birth, but most everyone has been very conscious of the need for just a food drop and not stayed for a "visit".

~Tummie Yummie/way too expensive nursing/slimming cami purchase

~The few little dude clothes I got "just in case". even my daughter's neutral hand me downs remind me of the girls when they were newborns. new boy stuff is fun for me .

#5 of 6 Old 08-09-2011, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabluz View Post

~The few little dude clothes I got "just in case"

ditto!

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#6 of 6 Old 08-10-2011, 05:03 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglesmom View Post

the Old Navy roll over waist skirts that I bought while pregnant are like the only thing I wear and feel good in.  I want one in every color of the rainbow.

The mini fridge my DH brought up to our bedroom.  When I'm pumping it's great to be able to put the milk right in the fridge.  Keeping water and cooling breast pads cold plus any snacks has been a life saver for my not so fun breastfeeding and c-sec healing.

I wish I had lentil soup.  When I do this again I will make more frozen meals.  I'm having a hard time feeding myself with this little guy who doesn't want to be put down. 

I got the old navy skirts too. In red, brown, and black. They are amazing!

hippie.gifborn in the wrong era. Madly in love with my DH. Mama to my Beatles boys; L (6) and H (2). 

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page