Belly Wrapping - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

So my baby is 2 weeks old and I've been wrapping my belly everyday. I have also started to wrap my hips but not as much...yet. I still have 5lbs to lose, and this is baby number 3. So here is what I've noticed, my stomach still has a a bit of a pouch and the skin is flabby but for having a baby just two weeks ago I think its pretty good. I can fit into some of my pre-pregnancy pants (it depends on the cut). Anyone who has seen me has remarked that they can't believe I just gave birth. So I definitely think its helping. With my last 2 pregnancies it took about 9 months for my hips to go back to pre-pregnancy size. I'm hoping if I keep it up I'll be back to my size when my little one is 2 months old.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 01:59 PM

I have not been so disciplined on the belly wrapping as I'd hoped. Sounds like it is working for you.. I shoulda done this! I wonder if it's too late... 5 weeks PP...

Made the mistake of weighing myself the other day for the 1st time PP at my midwife's clinic. That information was not necessary! :)

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

#3 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 03:47 PM

I started a few days ago- fitmom- what kind of wrap are you using? I've seen improvement in just 2 days.

Guatemama- I  don't think it's too late- I'm 4 weeks PP and just started.

BTW- I did this when I had my first babies (7.5 pound twins) and really got my waistline back quickly. Don't know why I didn't do it for the other one's. With the twins I used a postpartum panty girdle (what they had back then) and ordered one online the other day as I think it's less bulky than these wraps.

#4 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

I'm using a combination of things. I went out and bought some corset like under garments, as well as some that were like spanx. In addition I bought a workout belt that wraps around and is held with velcro, and because its for working out it helps you sweat. Its not something you would wear out but its great around the house.

Also as far as I know you have up to 4-8 weeks after giving birth to try this.

#5 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 03:58 PM

ok- i have the belly bandit- i don't love it but maybe i will get results.

#6 of 8 Old 08-21-2011, 04:07 PM - Thread Starter

I think that anything you use that supports the abdominal muscles and pulls things in will help.

#7 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 AM

oooh inspiring...how would one go about wrapping the hips?

I wrapped a bit after the birth 3 weeks ago today, but have slacked. I am trying to remember just to actually use and hold my abdominal muscles tight throughout my day cause I got in the bad habit of pushing them out all the time when baby and toddler sat on my hip, as sort of a shelf...bad.

#8 of 8 Old 08-22-2011, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

For my hips I wrap right across my pelvis, so I can still move around without it riding up.

Its good to exercise your abs the more you do the faster you'll see results, think of pulling your naval in as opposed to sucking it in and hold it in for 3-5 breaths to start. The more you do this the more likely it will become a habit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellabluz View Post

oooh inspiring...how would one go about wrapping the hips?

I wrapped a bit after the birth 3 weeks ago today, but have slacked. I am trying to remember just to actually use and hold my abdominal muscles tight throughout my day cause I got in the bad habit of pushing them out all the time when baby and toddler sat on my hip, as sort of a shelf...bad.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page