Well, for those still around... How the heck are ya?! - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-16-2011, 06:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mugglesmom View Post

I did have one kind of bad reaction.  I was nursing on a bench at the mall (my least fave place to be in the first place) and a dad with his little girl on sitting on his shoulders looked at me and shook his head.  I was already feeling pretty upset because I didn't want to be there and it was one of our first outings.  When I told my DH what happened he pretty much wanted to chase the guy down and scream the MN laws in his face.  At least I have some back up when I need it!

Ugghh that sucks, I'm sorry that happened to you. I'm such a hot head lately... I woulda been trailing your DH on that naysayin' dude's tail to scream some stuff, too. Cuss.gifIf that ever happens to me I'm not sure I'll be able to keep my cool and let it go. Arrrrrg irked.gif

...I bought a nursing cover for when I am stateside. Funny, I'd never use it here... and to realize how much more 'freedom' and 'independence' we have as individuals in the US yet hassled for BF'ing whereas here there are so many problems we never have to deal with in the states but women can walk down the street BF'ing and nobody, nobody thinks twice about it. Eh, it's a deep subject, point is: our BF culture is laaame and I'm so glad at least there's a place (even if online :) that has so much respect for it.

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Quote:

I just had this revelation last night!  My sister is a hairdresser and I went to her house so she could fix me up so I don't look like such a rag-bag.  Well a friend of ours (mostly hers) came by with her 12 year old daughter because they wanted to see the baby.  She and her daughter basically passed hims back and forth and didn't understand why I was so anxious.  I brought my mom with us so she could hold him and take care of him while I was indisposed but they kinda took over.  She also didn't breastfeed and didn't understand when I wanted him back to nurse.  She also made a comment when I was saying he doens't nap a whole lot by himself.  She said that I should just let him cry until he falls alseep, that her daughter slept through the night at 3 months!!!  It made me sick, I just wanted to go give her daughter a hug.  I mean at 3 months she could just leave her tiny little baby screaming for mama?? yuck!

YUCK is right! Just look at the studies of babies brains that are left to cry it out. You should give her a hug next time you see her.
This is good.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/parenting/137936-harvard-researchers-say-cry-out-wrong.html

Quote:

Wow you have had a rough few weeks!  I thought I had it rough!  I'm sure things are on the upswing.  hug2.gif

I was just saying that I think part of the reason I had so many issues with breastfeeding (and a lot of other women too) is because we don't see women in public doing it.  I wish it was more common.  I was really nervous about breastfeeding in public too but I finally just sucked it up and did it because he wants to nurse all the time and I'd never be able to leave the house with out doing it.  So far I've had a pretty good response, I mean I've had 2 different women come up to me and say good job for doing it.  That made me feel pretty good.  I try to do it discreetly but for some reason I can't seem to cover up my gigantic boobs very well.  I did have one kind of bad reaction.  I was nursing on a bench at the mall (my least fave place to be in the first place) and a dad with his little girl on sitting on his shoulders looked at me and shook his head.  I was already feeling pretty upset because I didn't want to be there and it was one of our first outings.  When I told my DH what happened he pretty much wanted to chase the guy down and scream the MN laws in his face.  At least I have some back up when I need it!

I just spent a few hours looking up videos on how to breastfeed in the moby and ergo.  I was thinking I might need a ring sling but I figured out 2 different holds for the moby so I'm good to go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYJuqBVZlGA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLduLJFSJn4

I think that first link would work with a sling too.

Sorry you had to have that experience. People are so clueless here. It's is so weird how even when you know youre doin the most awesome thing for your child, you are left to feel vulnerable and alone. SOmething is very off in this country. It starts at our attitudes towards birth and just keeps going.

I try not even to look at people around me as I am bfing in public, nor make that much of an effort to cover him or me up. as silly as it sounds, i dont even want to know what they are doing/thinking. i just focus on him and the flow of milk into his healthy little being. that way we accomplish feeding and the normality of breasts as they should be at the same time winky.gif

Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM

I have no idea why my post looks like that, im gonna go hop over to the new social chat groupness. happy monday mamas, hope its goin well...

Old 09-21-2011, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcait View Post

So, I have a question... Does anyone get anxious or annoyed when people want to pass around their baby?

I sure do!  It's just a few people, but they seriously stress me out.  It's the worst.

Lisa - So incredibly sorry to hear about your last 3 months.  I hope everything starts to go your way now.  

Xevan had his 2 month check-up last Friday and he weighed 14lbs 4oz...up from 8lbs 6oz (or 8lbs 12oz) at birth.  Chunky boy.  

Bah...gotta run.

ahhh to be able to think well enough to create a clever signature.sleeping.gif someday i will have enough sleep to accomplish this task...

Janae, mama to X (1/09) & X (7/11) and wife to J (since 9/96!)  Homebirthing, cloth diapering, baby (and toddler) wearing, co-sleeping, lactivist, intactivist. luxlove.gif

Old 09-24-2011, 04:07 PM

I don't know, I don't mind people holding him, or passing him around...but sometimes I think I must be missing some sort of Mommy gene.  The only time I really mind people holding him is when I haven't held him in awhile...and then I miss him, but even when surrounded by family I get my snuggle time regularly because I'm the only one who can feed him :)

Old 09-24-2011, 04:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narleegates View Post

I don't know, I don't mind people holding him, or passing him around...but sometimes I think I must be missing some sort of Mommy gene.  The only time I really mind people holding him is when I haven't held him in awhile...and then I miss him, but even when surrounded by family I get my snuggle time regularly because I'm the only one who can feed him :)

Most everything has been moved to the July DDC social group.... Come meet us over there! :)   http://www.mothering.com/community/groups/show/10/july-2011-ddc

Mama to boy born 7/18/11 and another on the way in November '13  Rainbow.gif

User Tag List