Detecting Ovulation with Irregular periods? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 06-02-2011, 06:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

my fiance and i are trying to conceive our 2nd child since our daughter is two about to be three we think its time for her to have a sibling. The first time it was easier because my periods were arriving the exact same time every month so it was easy to figure out when i ovulated but since having her my periods are all over the place. I stay stress free and i try to exercise. my doctor ran test and she didn't find any reason why my periods are irregular. Did anyone have irregular periods while trying to conceive? any advice?

#2 of 2 Old 06-02-2011, 08:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hi!  Welcome.

I had very irregular periods (sometimes 28 days, sometimes 36, sometimes 42 days long!!) and I actually had no problem conceiving or detecting when I was ovulating.  I used what I learned in the book "Taking Charge of your Fertility" to learn to chart my cycles.  Basically, you learn how tempeture shifts indicated ovulation.  More importantly, you learn how changes in your cervical mucus (really obvious changes once you start to pay attention to them ...) show where you are in your cycle.  

All it takes is reading this book (which is considered a bible on MDC website) and starting some charts.  You do have to take your temp each morning at the same time.  And at certain times of the month be aware of your cervical mucus ... which means checking out what comes out of you when you are using the bathroom.  Not difficult.

Anyway, this system kept me pregnancy=free for a year (before we wanted kids), and then I got pregnant the first month we tried with each of my two pregnancies.  

hope this helps good luck!

Kids. I got two of 'em.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page