Candle lighting...would you like a date? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 61 Old 01-28-2009, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
There has been alot of loss that has impacted my life lately. Both IRL and here on MDC.

I was wondering if......Starting FEB1st people would like to sign up to see how long and wide we (MDC) can keep a candle burning for those grieving or ill.

This is how it would work. Each person signs up for a day starting Feb1st going until ? and agrees on their day to keep a candle lit for the whole day.

I would also like those lighting the candle to share (as much as they feel comfortable) where they are and who they are lighting the candle for. (You can say (I am lighting the candle for a friend that died, and I live in the USA or be more specific....I am lighting a candle for John Doe, who passed away from cancer and I live in Detriot, Michigan, USA)

Also...candles can be lit for those with life threatening illness.

IS anyone interested?

OKAY I WILL START A SCHEDULE FOR FEB.

FEBRUARY

FEB 1--mamacita angelica--for her daughter lucia paz, born, still, at 38 weeks (12/22/08).
FEB2 --Amy&4girls--for my friend Joy and her lost little ones
FEB3--snowangel182--for friend with stage 5 cancer
FEB 4 --fireflyforever--(the day I found out I was pregnant with Emma) for my m/c babe - Asher, my daughter Emma and also for our friend Becky who is being investigated for infertility after her miscarriage.
FEB 5 --zech13_9_goforgold --3 year memorial of losing her Micah
FEB 6--butterfly mommy--remembrance of My baby girl Sonja and my MC Satchel
FEB 7--minsca-- for a little boy Eion, who we just found out this morning has lost the battle against Acute Mylogenous Leukemia (AML). He turned 2 last week.
FEB 8--Monarchgrrl--for her brother Phillip who was killed in Iraq
FEB9--Ifluffedthree--I will be lighting in memory of my DH Bill, my Mom, Dad, both my Sisters, Brother and the recent passing of my beloved aunt. I am in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
FEB 10--Maylanna --5 days for each of her miscarried babies.
FEB11--Maylanna--5 days for each of her miscarried babies
FEB12--Maylanna--5 days for each of her miscarried babies
FEB13--Eliseatthebeach--my baby girl Casey
FEB14-Jess Paez-valentines day, the day we found out we were pregnant with our joslyn
FEB 15-Azedazobollis- in honor of my brother, Alberto. He passed 4 years ago in his sleep from a drug overdose.
FEB16-Apecaut--Feb 16th, for Calliope
FEB17-Chloe'smama-I will light a candle for my lost baby and my two grandfathers and a grandmother.
FEB18-Namaste mom--in honor of my little girl, Norah. It will mark 15 months since she died and in honor of my mother, it will be 10 months since she died.
FEB 19--Amy&4girls- for a friend who is dealing w/cancer.
FEB20--Amy&4girls--it will be for everyone here and their precious little babies.
FEB21--Mysticmomma--It's my son's birthday. I'd be lighting for the 2 babies I have on earth, and the 8 little babies I have lost over the years. I'm in Cockeysville, MD
FEB22--Amy&4girls--my little ones held in my heart 4/12/00-4/17/00~8/01-twins~11/04~3/05~11/08
FEB 23--zonapellucida-for each loss for each loss
FEB 24--zonapellucida-for each loss for each loss
FEB 25--zonapellucida-for each loss for each loss
FEB 26 --zonapellucida-for each loss for each loss
FEB 27--2sweetboysmom-for my dear friend Amy, in memory of her many sweet little ones
FEB27-zonapellucida- my grandmother gone one year and missed every single day
FEB 28--namaste mom- For my friend Bevin, who's daughter Caroline passed away one month ago to SIDS
FEB29-applejuice- my friend Muriel, cancer

MARCH

MARCH 1
MARCH 2
MARCH 3--Amy&4girls-missing my little ones so I lit a candle again for them
MARCH 4-Mom2Princess--My mom died on January 19, 2009.cancer. 61 years old.
MARCH 5
MARCH 6
MARCH 7
MARCH 8--ChampagneBlossom-It would have been the due date of Miss Aislin Violet. She was the victim of an unnecessary medical termination in 2002.
MARCH 9-MInsca-- for baby Kaden who was diagnosed with infant Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (infant ALL) March 9th 2006, he lost the battle less then a year later. He was 18 months old.
MARCH 10--Monarchgrrl--to remember the anniversary of her brother Phillip's death in Iraq
MARCH 11-Phantaja- in memory of a dear family friend
MARCH 12-Cuddlebaby-Micah Zachary born still April 12th, 2008/UC
MARCH 13-Cuddlebaby-Micah Zachary born still April 12th, 2008/UC
MARCH 14--Fireflyforever-(Emma's 5 month forever day) for my husband's aunt who has cancer and for a friend I met on another loss board who has recently had her third stillbirth
MARCH15-mamacita angelica....
MARCH 16--applejuice--my sister
MARCH 17-CariOfOZ-that will be the one year anniversary of my mothers death. (she passed on the 17th and was buried on the 19) She was 54yrs old and a beautiful person
MARCH18--namaste mom- for Norah
MARCH 18-CariOfOZ-that will be the one year anniversary of my mothers death. (she passed on the 17th and was buried on the 19) She was 54yrs old and a beautiful person
MARCH 19-CariOfOZ-that will be the one year anniversary of my mothers death. (she passed on the 17th and was buried on the 19) She was 54yrs old and a beautiful person

MARCH 20-Susana--First anniversary of my dad's death and first day of Spring. Columbus, OH
MARCH 21-namaste mom-for my Mom, she died April 21, 2008
MARCH 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.
MARCH 23
MARCH 24--momtoS--for a friend who lost her baby one year ago

MARCH 25-zoedeansmom-for her dad who passed away almost four years ago.
MARCH 28-Ifluffedthree--which was Good Friday in 1986 a very holy day to bury my Dad. He died March 25th 1986. He beat the bladder cancer with a radical cysectomy (removal of the bladder) but died of the embolism that released from being on his back in recovery for 21 days. My dad was 61. Its been so many years. He was the rock who held our family together through some terrible tragic times. I have so much to be grateful for because of him. Thank you Dad for letting me know you were watching out for me with so many signs. The little candle lite that day will reflect the lite of hope you always gave me. I have missed you for many years now.
MARCH 29
MARCH 30--Ifluffedthree-March 30th would have been Sara's 98th birthday. She was a special lady

APRIL

APRIL 3- Azedazobollis , in honor of my mother's liver donor who saved my mothers life by being an organ donor.
APRIL 3--Cuddlebaby--for baby Baker
APRIL 4- Amy&4girls-for everyone...My heart just breaks for all of you and the pain we are all going through
APRIL 5--
APRIL6- sg784-My brothers accident was the 6th and he passed on the 25th. I have not idea how Im going to get thru that horrible horrible month.
APRIL 7-
APRIL 8-
APRIL 9-
APRIL 10
APRIL 11
APRIL 12-Cuddlebaby-Micah Zachary born still April 12th, 2008/UC
APRIL 12-Amy&4girls--for my son's birthday.
APRIL 17- Amy&4girls-April 17th for the day my son passed away
APRIL 18-namastemom-for Norah
APRIL 21-namastemom-for my Mom, one year since her passing
APRIL 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.
APRIL 23-carlyle--the day that I was due with the baby that I miscarr

APRIL 25-sg784-My brothers accident was the 6th and he passed on the 25th. I have not idea how Im going to get thru that horrible horrible month.

MAY

MAY 6-AmandaClare-For my brother, who killed himself that day last year.
May 21--MInsca- for a little boy named Carson, who passed away last year from complications of a bone marrow transplant which he recieved. He also had AML. He was 6 years old.
MAY 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.
MAY 27-That was my little angel's edd. Thanks.

JUNE
JUNE 15--Killick--The day that one of my very best friends died in a tragic car accident.
JUNE18-jess_paez-Joslyn angel date June 18th.
JUNE 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

JULY

JULY 17-applejuice- my friend Madeline, cancer
JULY 22- Minsca- for another baby named Ethan, who passed away on this date in 2007, from infants ALL. He was 14 months old.
JULY 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

AUGUST
AUGUST 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

AUGUST 30--applejuice--my for DH

SEPTEMBER
SEPTEMBER 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

SEPTEMBER 27--Minsca--my nephew Caiden, it will be the one year anniversary of his passing. He also passed away with AML. He was 5 years old.

OCTOBER

OCTOBER 10- MInsca-- for Alyssa who lost the battle against AML on Oct 10 of 2005. She was 6 years old.
OCTOBER-12 MommaSomeday--so I can shine a light for the entire time my boy Gideon was here with us.

OCTOBER 13 MommaSomeday--so I can shine a light for the entire time my boy Gideon was here with us.
OCTOBER 14-fireflyforever-for Emma, Her first birthday. Rachele and I were Due Date Club Buddies and Gideon and Emma were born and left us close together. I'd like it if our candles burned across their birth dates.

OCTOBER 23-jess_paez-our estimated due date for joslyn and also her angel date June 18th.

OCTOBER 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

OCTOBER26- Caro113-- 26 October is DP's birthday. In 2007, on his golden birthday, he was diagnosed with a rare, inoperable brain tumor. It's slow growing, but could pick up speed at any time. Statistically, he has 5-10 years from diagnosis, so about 4-9 more years. There have been people who survived for up to 17 years, but their tumors were all on the surface, not deep in the tissue like DPs.
We have a beautiful daughter together. Right after we found out, we decided to start trying immediately so he could spend as much time with his children as possible. He has an older daughter with his previous fiance, but they were both killed in a car accident in 2005 when she was 7 months pregnant. So the candle will be for them too.

NOVEMBER
NOVEMBER 6--applejuice--my father
NOVEMBER 16--Susana-First anniversary of my mother's death. Columbus, OH
NOVEMBER 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.

DECEMBER

DEC 7- CariofOZ--my sons beautiful gf died in a car accident on the 7th

aDEC 10 applejuice-- my friend Lorraine, a stroke
DEC 22- 2sweetboysmom_In memory of my son Michael Sean lost at 15 weeks gestation, and all my lost littles, carried briefly in my womb but always in my heart.
DEC 26--Phanjata-for my baby Kennedy. It would've been her first birthday had I carried her to term.

JANUARY 20--applejuice--my aunt
#2 of 61 Old 01-28-2009, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I take Feb. 5? It's the 3 year memorial of losing my Micah.
#3 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 01:02 AM

I would love to join in too. Any day of the week besides Monday would work for me, so how about I take Tuesday the 3rd of Feb. I just found out that my best friend has stage 5 cancer.

momma to one sweet little girl born January 2010, and a lovable little boy born August 2012. 

#4 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 09:51 AM

I will join! I think this is a great idea.

Pam, momma to Sofie Avye Seth
#5 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

minsca--what day would you like? care to share who you are lighting the candle for?
#6 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 02:01 PM

Any day - I'm always home. My candle will be for Caiden. I'm going to start to cry if I start saying why, but it is in my signature if you want to read it.

#7 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 09:32 PM - Thread Starter

minsca--I have you down for Feb 7th...is that okay?
#8 of 61 Old 01-29-2009, 10:24 PM

feb 7 works great.

#9 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 06:07 PM

I can take any day in Feb if you'd like, except Feb 26 & 27.

I'd really like to also take March 10. It's the one year anniversary of my brother, Phillip, being killed in Iraq. Thanks!

Beth- WOHM slinggirl.gif  -Madly in love with my Wife- SAHMhola.gifandbabyf.gifSophia, born 11/2/10, at home! homebirth.jpgExpressing love, one ounce at a time!  1pump.gif

#10 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 06:10 PM

I'll take feb 21. It's my son's birthday. I'd be lighting for the 2 babies I have on earth, and the 8 little babies I have lost over the years. I'm in Cockeysville, MD

hh2.gif

#11 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 07:12 PM - Thread Starter

updated!
#12 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 08:33 PM

I keep an eternity candle on the hearth -- no problem taking the 9th.
I will be lighting in memory of my DH Bill, my Mom, Dad, both my Sisters, Brother and the recent passing of my beloved aunt. I am in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#13 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 09:24 PM

I will take June 15 - The day that one of my very best friends died in a tragic car accident.
#14 of 61 Old 01-30-2009, 09:53 PM

I like this.

can I have March 20? First anniversary of my dad's death and first day of Spring.

and can I have November 16th? First anniversary of my mother's death.

I live in Columbus, Ohio.
#15 of 61 Old 01-31-2009, 11:29 AM - Thread Starter

Updated!
#16 of 61 Old 02-01-2009, 12:16 AM

I've been debating about posting here for a while, as I feel I don't quite belong. But I love this candle idea and I would like to take 26 October, for every year.

My reason: I will keep this brief, as I could write novel about why. 26 October is DP's birthday. In 2007, on his golden birthday, he was diagnosed with a rare, inoperable brain tumor. It's slow growing, but could pick up speed at any time. Statistically, he has 5-10 years from diagnosis, so about 4-9 more years. There have been people who survived for up to 17 years, but their tumors were all on the surface, not deep in the tissue like DPs.
We have a beautiful daughter together. Right after we found out, we decided to start trying immediately so he could spend as much time with his children as possible. He has an older daughter with his previous fiance, but they were both killed in a car accident in 2005 when she was 7 months pregnant. So the candle will be for them too.

I love this idea! Thank you so much. It is a wonderful idea and I look forward to lighting my candle.

I'm in Reading, PA

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#17 of 61 Old 02-01-2009, 02:32 AM

I want April 12th. It'll be a very tough day. I'll need all your collective strength to get through it.

wife since 1992; mom to: J 7-95; H 5-98; C 2-03; S 4-05; Micah Zachary born still UC 4-08; UM 9-08; due June 2010
#18 of 61 Old 02-01-2009, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

updated!
#19 of 61 Old 02-03-2009, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

updated!
#20 of 61 Old 02-03-2009, 12:28 PM

Can I actually add a few more days... change Feb 7 to be for a little boy Eion, who we just found out this morning has lost the battle against Acute Mylogenous Leukemia (AML). He turned 2 last week.

I would like to add March 9th for baby Kaden who was diagnosed with infant Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (infant ALL) March 9th 2006, he lost the battle less then a year later. He was 18 months old.

May 21st for a little boy named Carson, who passed away last year from complications of a bone marrow transplant which he recieved. He also had AML. He was 6 years old.

July 22nd for another baby named Ethan, who passed away on this date in 2007, from infants ALL. He was 14 months old.

Sept 27th for my nephew Caiden, it will be the one year anniversary of his passing. He also passed away with AML. He was 5 years old.

And Oct 10 for Alyssa who lost the battle against AML on Oct 10 of 2005. She was 6 years old.

These are all children that I met during Caiden's long journey with cancer, and they are all missed dearly.

#21 of 61 Old 02-05-2009, 12:17 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
This is a wonderful idea. Religious Jews do this; it is called a yahrzeit or yizkor.

January 20 my Aunt
March 16 my sister
August 30 my DH
November 6 my Father

I am on Pacific Time.

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#22 of 61 Old 02-05-2009, 01:28 PM - Thread Starter

updated
#23 of 61 Old 02-05-2009, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minsca View Post
Any day - I'm always home. My candle will be for Caiden. I'm going to start to cry if I start saying why, but it is in my signature if you want to read it.
I did. I'm so sorry, mama. He was such a beautiful boy.

)O(   Far-away Mama to: Pooka (16)...Alex (14)...Mickie-Lamb (13)...Solo Mama to: Punkin' Seed (8)...Tootsie Pop (6)...Lil' Man (3) and a yikes2.gif due February 2012

~~~~ribbonpurple.gifDV Survivor/Fibroribbonpurple.gif~~~~ 

4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32**heartbeat.gif36***40

#24 of 61 Old 02-09-2009, 12:04 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Thank you Mom to S. May I add

Feb 29 my friend Muriel, cancer
July 17 my friend Madeline, cancer
Dec 10 my friend Lorraine, a stroke

"The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest, but the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic."
#25 of 61 Old 02-09-2009, 02:20 AM

... I'm still not on the master list

Me with my baby girl Maeleigh (Oct 08) and My (step) baby girl Whren (May 05) in Heaven with her mommy .. And introducing our little JuneBug (June 10) We heard the !!!
#26 of 61 Old 02-09-2009, 11:25 AM

Lighting a candle now.
Thank you for the motivation to set aside a day.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
#27 of 61 Old 02-09-2009, 03:45 PM - Thread Starter

updated

Sorry caro113---I don't know how I miss people...I apologize....
#28 of 61 Old 02-09-2009, 03:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I see the 17th is still available. I will light a candle for my lost baby and my two grandfathers and a grandmother.

SAHM to Chloe«- 6/2008 (10 lbs, 5 oz), Hannah- 9/2010 (9 lbs, 12 oz), Liam- 2/2013 (9 lbs, 6 oz)

#29 of 61 Old 02-11-2009, 10:28 AM

My mom died on January 19, 2009.

cancer. 61 years old.

I never got the chance to say goodbye.

Im hurting sooooo bad.....

PLEASE light a candle for her, any day will be fine. Her b-day was on the fourth of march.

HUGS to everyone dealing with a loss and/or severe illness.
#30 of 61 Old 02-11-2009, 07:33 PM

Thank you!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page