What should I say in this letter? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 04-12-2009, 04:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Over a year ago, a friend of mine had a miscarriage and hysterectomy in one fell swoop. The baby would have been one year this month, and I'd like to send them a card, but I don't really know what to say. I'd kind of like to say that I wish that my ds and theirs would have been running around together, but I'm not sure that's okay to say. What should I say and what should I not say? Thanks for your help.

P.S. They do have other children.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 04-12-2009, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
i think she would really appreciate that you even remember this day. so expressing your sadness would be the best thing to do.

or really whatever you feel in your heart. whatever you feel strongly about. dont go for the 'right' thing. go for what's in your heart.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 
#3 of 5 Old 04-13-2009, 03:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
somethings you could add?
it's not right that your baby is not with you, our babies should be playing together, i know our ds and your baby would have been wonderful friends. mothers should never outlive their little ones, you are a very strong woman and i think about you often. my heart aches for you and your family.
those are things that would have made me feel better, i agree with the previous poster, say what's in your heart.

Jessicaintactlact.gif, wife to Derricklurk.gif, missing Joslyn angel3.gif, 22 weeks 06.18.08, rainbow1284.gifBaby Kai Ambrose 05.10.10 and Isla Blythe born on Thanksgiving '12 uc.jpg

#4 of 5 Old 04-18-2009, 04:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thank you for your help. I hope they like the letter. I don't think I'm good at these sorts of things, but then, I don't think that most people are.
#5 of 5 Old 04-18-2009, 10:36 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it were me writing I would say.

I realize there is an anniversary date near and I did not want the time to go by without sending you a note to say I love you and I am thinking of you during this time.

Sending you peace and love. MB

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page