Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Andrew

*formerly apecaut*, Mom to A, Calliope (stillborn 40 weeks 6/22/07), A and O
#32 of 51 Old 08-27-2009, 02:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I am so very, very, very sorry for your loss. Andrew

Thank you for the courage it took to share your story.

I hope you find the answers you need. I wish I had some answers to offer.

From your phrasing, I assume you know about this site about Sudden Unexplained Child Death, but thought I'd mention it anyway, just in case. The site mentions peer support services for family members, and childcare providers, too, who have experienced this kind of loss. Maybe connecting with others in similar circumstances might help with the search for answers?

In a similar tragedy in my own community a couple of years ago, the bereaved family found meaning in raising awareness about SUCD and funds for research into causes.

The Compassionate Friends is an organization that I have some personal experience with, one that has helped people I know well who have experienced the loss of a child.

My prayers and condolences to you and your family, and to the little boy's family. What an unspeakably devastating experience for all of you. May you find peace and healing.
#33 of 51 Old 08-27-2009, 11:23 AM

I am so sorry!

To my husband I am wife, to my kids I am mother, but for myself I am just me.
we're : with and : and
#34 of 51 Old 09-03-2009, 11:28 PM

Oh my God

I am so sorry.

I'm sure the cause could have been many undiagnosed conditions. I thought heart, due to his sleepiness, but it might have been any organ, or a metabolic issue, even a brain issue. I just have no idea. From what you said it sounds like he had something going on for a long time. Since there was an autopsy all you can do is wait for the other test results. If nothing is ever found, that must be so hard, to have no answers. I think in that situation I would want a second opinion on the autopsy records. It would be so hard to let go without knowing.

You did all you could. He was a lucky boy to have a lot of love in his time on earth.

Mother is the word for God on the hearts and lips of all little children--William Makepeace Thackeray
#35 of 51 Old 09-03-2009, 11:43 PM

oh no. how horrible, mama. im so very sorry. i hope for some answers for you all soon.

Erin, 33, salty southern mama, sitting by the sea with my DH35, DD10, DS4, &DD2!
#36 of 51 Old 09-04-2009, 12:33 AM

Im so sorry for the loss of sweet Andrew.

wife. dd1 : dd2
#37 of 51 Old 09-04-2009, 01:22 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Metabolic defects are commonly to blame, I know fatty acid oxidation defects can easily kill a child and sadly if its not caught at birth its often caught after its to late in infancy/toddlerhood Their bodies just literally run out of fuel (glucose) and instead of kicking over to fat burning mode they can't and there little bodies just shut down. I'm guessing the test for mito defects are one of the labs pending. I hope they find answers for you and the family and you will be able to find some peace

Seriously?
#38 of 51 Old 09-07-2009, 09:07 PM

. Unfortunately, I know this all too well. This very same thing happened to us with our foster son (whom we were in the process of adopting) in January. Just had a doc appt on a Thursday, declared healthy, happy little boy, a week later, we went to get him from a nap, he was gone. There were no signs or anything. We FINALLY got his autopsy report after months of waiting on the brain tests and toxicology...they ruled it SUID JUST this August!. For us, it is not good enough. People have said "Well, I bet you guys have closure now!" Closure? hardly. We are upset and very sad. No one knows why. They pulled the health records of his mother and said that it could be anything...but they do not know what.

I am so sorry for you and this little boys' family. I know how hard it can be in an unexplained death. My prayers are with you.

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#39 of 51 Old 09-09-2009, 07:43 PM - Thread Starter

still waiting...thank you all for your thoughts and prayers...
#40 of 51 Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momz3 View Post
. Unfortunately, I know this all too well. This very same thing happened to us with our foster son (whom we were in the process of adopting) in January. Just had a doc appt on a Thursday, declared healthy, happy little boy, a week later, we went to get him from a nap, he was gone. There were no signs or anything. We FINALLY got his autopsy report after months of waiting on the brain tests and toxicology...they ruled it SUID JUST this August!. For us, it is not good enough. People have said "Well, I bet you guys have closure now!" Closure? hardly. We are upset and very sad. No one knows why. They pulled the health records of his mother and said that it could be anything...but they do not know what.

I am so sorry for you and this little boys' family. I know how hard it can be in an unexplained death. My prayers are with you.
I'm so sorry, mama (HUGS).

You mentioned a doctors appt and I was wondering if he received any vaccines that day?
#41 of 51 Old 09-14-2009, 11:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yulia_R View Post
I'm so sorry, mama (HUGS).

You mentioned a doctors appt and I was wondering if he received any vaccines that day?
Yes, he did. We were told "It would be looked into.." when we expressed our concerns to the investigators. I doubt it was. I have connected with alot of parents whose children have had terrible reactions to vaccines and/or deaths...none of them had success proving thats what it was. Some babies died as little as a day later.

His birthmother asked a nurse when she was taking her other son to the doctor for vaccines about the situation. And asked if it was possible. The nurse said it was possible, but almost impossible to pin point and prove.

It is unfortunate.

Kylin 10/14/2002

Aja 8/13/2004

Evie 3/11/2010

2 angels in Heaven (Alexis & Bryson)

Currently NTNP for baby #4 dust.gif

#42 of 51 Old 09-15-2009, 09:59 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by momz3 View Post
Yes, he did. We were told "It would be looked into.." when we expressed our concerns to the investigators. I doubt it was. I have connected with alot of parents whose children have had terrible reactions to vaccines and/or deaths...none of them had success proving thats what it was. Some babies died as little as a day later.

His birthmother asked a nurse when she was taking her other son to the doctor for vaccines about the situation. And asked if it was possible. The nurse said it was possible, but almost impossible to pin point and prove.

It is unfortunate.

I'm so so sorry .
You are right, unfortunately, it is nearly impossible to prove. Vaccines are this "holy thing" that most doctors are afraid to go against.
#43 of 51 Old 09-15-2009, 10:13 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How terrible.

Jenna ~ mommy to Sophia Elise idea.gif  (1/06), Oliver Matthew  blahblah.gif (7/07) and Avery Michael fly-by-nursing1.gif(3/10)

dizzy.gif Wading slowly and nervously into this homeschooling thing.

#44 of 51 Old 09-16-2009, 12:09 AM

I'm so sorry mamma.

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#45 of 51 Old 11-30-2009, 02:49 AM

I didn't read all of the pp... but I'm definitely thinking vaccines too! If you read into the VAERS reports (put out by the NIH), soooo many cases are very similar to that. Go to sleep... never wake up. Or go to sleep and have brain hemorrhaging and die.

I'm so sorry you had to experience that. That must be devastating. And I don't believe in SIDS. There isn't NO reason that anyone dies!!! The symptoms of SIDS are so similar to the symptoms of vaccine reactions, it's uncanny.

Hugs mama.

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#46 of 51 Old 11-30-2009, 04:26 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by writteninkursive View Post
And I don't believe in SIDS. There isn't NO reason that anyone dies!!!
SIDS doesn't mean there is no reason it means a reaon could not be identified. There are lots of things which are beyond our scope in health care. For example a lethal arrhythmia cannot be diagnosed postmortem because it can only be identified while it is occuring.

Mother of two spectacular girls, born mid-2010 and late 2012  mdcblog5.gif

#47 of 51 Old 11-30-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

we just got the call..they have concluded it was death due to natural causes, natural UNKNOWN causes.

live life to the fullest. you just never know when your time will come...
#48 of 51 Old 12-01-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyHawk View Post
we just got the call..they have concluded it was death due to natural causes, natural UNKNOWN causes.

live life to the fullest. you just never know when your time will come...
I'm so so so very sorry. A million 's
#49 of 51 Old 05-11-2010, 12:55 AM

Sorry for your loss.

Mom to the best 4 little men ever! chicken3.gif
#50 of 51 Old 05-14-2010, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by writteninkursive View Post
There isn't NO reason that anyone dies!!! The symptoms of SIDS are so similar to the symptoms of vaccine reactions, it's uncanny.
that just makes me so sick to my stomach...so sad, like our hands are tied, mouths are gagged...
#51 of 51 Old 05-16-2010, 10:30 AM

I wonder if his heart had every been checked out?

Being sweaty (while sleeping or eating) can be a sign of a heart problem (as can extreme fatigue and poor weight gain).

Unfortunately heart defects are the number 1 birth defect and 2/3 of the time are NOT diagnosed at birth. 80% of undiagnosed heart kids die before thier FIRST birthday.

My son has Tetralogy of Fallot so I've learned a LOT in the last two years about heart defects and it amazes me that it is not mandated for every hopsital/ped to test for heart issues at birth. All they have to do is put that little red light clippy thing on the child's toe for a few seconds to get a read out of the oxygen level in their blood. It is non-invasive, doesn't hurt and is easy to do.

Anyway...because of my knowledge of heart related stuff...it does make me wonder...

In any case i'm deeply deeply deeeeeeply sorry for your loss

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page