An old friends son just killed his wife - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-28-2002, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I’m so distraught right now – confused and in shock.

An old friend/co-worker of mine’s son just killed his wife. He stabbed her? This person’s been through hell and back in her lifetime. Her daughter was killed by a drunk driver, her other son is mentally ill and after almost destroying her home as a teenager, was committed (about 20 yrs. ago). Then, her husband committed suicide about 10 yrs. ago. Now this? What do you say to someone who's son just commited murder? to top it off, he had a massive heart attack the next day and almost died himself.

I’m baffled, I knew them! I didn’t much care for her son, but I loved his daughter. I watched her grow up. She had a baby at age 16 and I watched her grow as a mom (she’s now 19) and now this? What makes this kind of thing happen?

It seems so much tragedy has fallen on people I know lately and I’m becoming numb?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 04-28-2002, 01:25 PM

Oh Ms. Mom~

My heart goes out to you. Yes, it does seem like you have had such a HUGE influx of being around you passing on. I am so sorry. I think numbness is a way that protects us, at least temporarily from the shock, deep hurt and pain that exists when such tragic, traumatic and sudden things occur. It will wear off, but now, I think, its protecting you so that you can survive.

Your poor co-worker, she sure has been through an intense amount of grief and loss. I'm sure she needs as many friends as possible right now. Ted Bundy's parents attend our church. I have known them all my life, very nice people. When everything was happening with the murder trial, etc., the church surrounded them with love and support and prayer. I'm sure that helped them somewhat.

(((((BIG HUG)))))~

Lisa:better

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#3 of 7 Old 04-29-2002, 02:05 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you Lisa, you are dear to me. This numbness is just so odd feeling? I want to call this woman and cry with her and I don't think I have any tears?

To top it off Ds's Knute died today and he's so distraught! So, now we have to have a service for him tomorrow. Poor ds his small pets keep dying on him!
#4 of 7 Old 04-29-2002, 07:13 AM

oooo Ms Mom when it rains it pours...

I am so sad for you...what a terrible tragedy. I know you will be an absolute pillar for that friend of yours..she is so lucky to have such a wonderful person with her during such a trial....

I am sorry for you ds' newt as well.....my cousin lost several pets in a row as a child and it was so heartbreaking for him...I hope your ds finds a little friend who can help mend his poor little wounded heart...

Not all those who wander are lost 
#5 of 7 Old 04-29-2002, 02:44 PM

((((Ms. Mom)))). I don't have anything to add, I'm so sad for you and your friend.
#6 of 7 Old 04-29-2002, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks - like I said, it just dosn't feel real. So many people around me have died recently, I'm becoming very numb.

Thank you all for your kindness,

Jacque
#7 of 7 Old 04-29-2002, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I know this guy who accidentally killed his wife. He injected her with heroin and she died. They had 3 kids. He went to prison for a while and when he got out he got clean and now he has all his kids back and they have a house. He's a really nice guy now, but still, how tragic. I don't think these tragedies usually end this well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page