He took her from me. He promised he wouldn't but he did. - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 43 Old 04-21-2010, 02:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It never hurts to talk to a lawyer and see if theres any legal precedent for allowing/requiring continued contact. Or even just try google... never hurts to look.

And, if theres no way for you to see her, I would definetly write her a nice long letter send it via snail mail, explaining how this seperation was not of your choosing, and that if she ever needs someone to talk to you'll be there for her. Then, give her your parents' phone number/address, or someone else who will *always* be able to get a hold of you, so that no matter what happens to her, or you in the coming years, she'll know how to get ahold of you. Good luck!!
#32 of 43 Old 04-21-2010, 04:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I talked to a lawyer- there's nothing I can do. My son and I are legal strangers to my stepdaughter. My soon-to-be exhusband is getting harder and harder to get ahold of, and I have not seen my stepdaughter in 21 days, talked to her once, on the phone, since then.

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#33 of 43 Old 04-27-2010, 08:57 PM

Im so sorry. this sounds just awful.

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#34 of 43 Old 05-12-2010, 05:40 PM

I remember your posts about her....so very sorry. I hope you get to see her soon. Where ever she is, she loves and misses you too.
#35 of 43 Old 05-12-2010, 05:52 PM

Becky, sahm to angel.gif25/04/2000 Chloe 12/04/2002 Cameron 19/02/2004 Caitlin 28/06/2005 angel.gif24/07/2006 and Caden 14/03/2008

Xander 19/05/2011
angel.gif 19.05.2012 angel.gif 18.08.2012 angel.gif 24.05.2013 angel.gif 25.6.2013 belly.gif 04.09.2014 uc.jpg

#36 of 43 Old 05-12-2010, 08:26 PM

I can't even imagine being in your shoes, and I know something about loving a child that's not biologically your own.

I know that 9 is young, but is she connected to email? If you have their address, send her letters, cards, pictures. I'm very sorry you are going through this.

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#37 of 43 Old 05-13-2010, 01:44 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by harleyhalfmoon View Post

My son and I are "legal strangers" to her. There's nothing the courts can do.
I'm so sorry

I don't know about NY, but in my county, 1/2 siblings have the right to see each other. Are you sure that your son is a legal stranger to her.
#38 of 43 Old 05-13-2010, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolip View Post
I'm so sorry

I don't know about NY, but in my county, 1/2 siblings have the right to see each other. Are you sure that your son is a legal stranger to her.
The children aren't half-siblings. Her son is hers, and was her ex's stepson.

OP: I've been reading your posts here for a long time, but I don't think I've ever commented. I'm so, so, so sorry. It's just beyond my understanding that anyone could do this. Family doesn't just disappear because of paperwork. I feel for you and your dsd.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

#39 of 43 Old 05-13-2010, 10:25 PM

Wow, he sounds like a real piece of work. He is hurting his own daughter as well as you and his step son. Basically everyone but himself and his ex. I'm so sorry you are going through this loss.
#40 of 43 Old 05-26-2010, 11:46 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Bride View Post
It's just beyond my understanding that anyone could do this. Family doesn't just disappear because of paperwork.
Yeah, I struggle with this every day- how can I NOT be family now?

Little update- We see my stepdaughter about once a month now. My son sees my Ex maybe twice a month. My son's birthday is a week and a half away. My Ex is coming and bringing my stepdaughter. And his new girlfriend. Apparently, my replacement. Apparently because I've got a guy friend now. (Not boyfriend, but really good friend who wants to be my boyfriend.) We will see how this turns out. Please keep me in your thoughts on June 5th- I will need the support- I'm not sure how well I can fake not being bothered when I get to see the replacement parent "my" daughter. :-(

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#41 of 43 Old 06-04-2010, 08:43 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hi HarleyHalfMoon,

Just popping in over here... sending hugs from another "former stepmom."

Much as I didn't want to disappear from DSD's life, her dad doesn't really want me to see her, and her visits are quite sporadic (she lives out of town) so I might see her once or twice a year. Ex-H takes her to see my mom though! Well I guess that's good but a bit odd imo.

Anyway... not much you can do except keep trying for visits. Once a month is pretty good. And good luck with the birthday party! Luckily my "replacement" is a really awesome lady, so I don't have any animosity there.

Finally pregnant with #1 and #2! Due September 9th, 2014 

#42 of 43 Old 06-04-2010, 09:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laggie View Post
Anyway... not much you can do except keep trying for visits. Once a month is pretty good. And good luck with the birthday party! Luckily my "replacement" is a really awesome lady, so I don't have any animosity there.
The birthday party is tomorrow. Good news, though- apparently, my Ex told me his girlfriend was coming to my son's party with them before he invited her. She turned the invitation from him down- he said she said she didn't want to make me feel awkward and not be able to enjoy my son's birthday party or spend time with my stepdaughter! I have to admit, that's very noble of her (or as my sister said, "wow, she's got brains!"). Hopefully, this means my "replacement" won't try to replace me in my stepdaughter's life. If he's got to be with someone else, at least it's someone who, on some level, thinks about other people's feelings and relationships. Keep your fingers crossed for me on that level, ladies. It's the best I can hope for.

#43 of 43 Old 06-05-2010, 01:50 AM

I'm hoping she continues on that vein. So glad you get to see your sd tomorrow!! Hope the party goes well.

Lisa, lucky mama of Kelly (3/93) ribboncesarean.gif, Emma (5/03) ribboncesarean.gif, Evan (7/05) ribboncesarean.gif, & Jenna (6/09) ribboncesarean.gif
Loving my amazing dh, James & forever missing ribbonpb.gif Aaron Ambrose ribboncesarean.gif (11/07) ribbonpb.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page