How can I help? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-23-2010, 01:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My best friend (we've been best friends since we were in 5th grade) lost her long time significant other 4 years ago. He overdosed. They had a very tumultuous relationship for 13 years and at the time of his death, were separated. He is the father of her two teenage children.

We talk a lot about him as I am the only one she feels comfortable discussing it with and because I was very good friends with him as well. She is in a relationship now, one that I think is relatively healthy, but it makes it difficult because she still has a lot of feelings for her deceased SO.

When she calls, I usually ask near the beginning of the conversation if she wants to brainstorm ways to feel better or if she just needs to talk (not in those words of course). At this point, we've discussed almost of the traditional ways of dealing with grief, guilt and getting closure.

She is looking for more "woo woo" ways of releasing the past. I'm pretty clueless about that stuff so does anyone have any ideas? She specifically is looking for ways to release body memories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 09:23 PM

I don't have an answer to the memories, I wish I could help.

I could not read and not post.

As a mother of three and a women who lost my partner/husband of 14 years to an accidental overdose 4 years ago I can only say that you have been a wonderful friend. Being in a similar seat I can say your friendship to her is probably priceless. God bless you for the unselfishness you have given to your friend in your supportive ear.

MB, mama to three, soulmate to one, pioneering cloth to many since 2002!
Old 04-30-2010, 12:33 AM

she might want to look into Somatic Experience.

dust.gifmama to  ds2/03 ds2/05 dd4/07 and expecting someone new in the spring! chicken3.gif

User Tag List