3 Losses - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 10:54 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had never lost anyone close to me in life before and then the past 13 months I have lost three.  The holidays are going to be very sad due to the losses in our family.  I am having a lot of trouble with all of this and would appreciate any books or words of advice that can help.  I very much believe in souls and life after death so that would be welcomed in any suggested literature.  Also any suggestions on how to help other adults and young adults with their grief would be appreciated.  

happy family!joy.gif we winner.jpgfemalesling.GIFnocirc.gif

#2 of 5 Old 11-15-2010, 12:21 PM

i lost my brother in March of this year.  it is really really hard.  i have found the best help from going to grief support groups and seeing a grief counsler.  is there a clergy member or elder within your house of worship/community that you would feel comfortable speaking with?

i do believe in an afterlife. my brother has visited me many times in my dreams.  i absolutley believe it is him.  sometimes in my dreams, when he leaves the dream, it is as if the dream pauses and he walks out the door of my bedroom.

#3 of 5 Old 11-17-2010, 11:27 AM - Thread Starter

Sorry to hear about your brother and am glad you get to know he is okay.  Thank you for your reply.  I do need to talk to someone to help other than those close to me as I am still struggling despite having great family support.  At this time seeing a grief counselor is a bit too expensive even with insurance.  

#4 of 5 Old 02-06-2011, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

I think I am going to need some more books or need to join some groups.   This is so hard.

#5 of 5 Old 02-07-2011, 01:19 AM

I'm so very sorry for all of your losses, Sol. I have no books, or words of advice, just a deep sympathy and understanding of what you are going through. I had three big losses in January. My father passed unexpectedly on the 3rd, an old friend on the 4th, and a woman who had been like a second mother to me on the 26th. I'm still trying to process and come to terms with all the changes my life has taken in the last month. I wish I knew what to say that would help make it better. hug2.gif

Elizabeth wife to Matt , mom to Logan (2/21/01) , and little man Desmond (9/23/08)

Mourning the loss of her father: Robert Edward Dillon 5/31/52 - 01/03/2011

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page