Face2Face Pregnancy/Infant Loss Nashville TN - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-04-2011, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My name is Leanne and I have recently collaborated with an online pregnancy/infant loss support group called Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope. While I am very familar with the baby birthing community, I am a L&D nurse, I am also saddly familiar with the baby loss community. We had our first baby, a little boy named Michael, in August of 2010. He was stillborn at 36 weeks. After the pathology report and genetic test results were final, it was determined that his cause of death was due to placental blood clots secondary to MTHFR and FVL(Factor V Leiden). 

I know talking or even thinking about Pregnancy/Infant loss isn't anything anyone likes to discuss, so most of the time it isn't. That leaves the families and women that this hapens to feeling isolated and alone. I am well aware of the Sharing group that is offered at some of the hospitals in the area, but as a bereavement councelor myself, I never was comfortable with the structured meetings. Face2Face Friendship Groups are not meant to be structured support groups. As one of the founders put it, "While connecting online is great, there is still something really special about making a face-to-face connection with someone who ‘gets’ what it’s like to lose a baby." Face2Face Friendship Group is a simple gathering of friends who share a deep common bond. Groups of friends hanging out, enjoying a meal or a cup of coffee (or tea! Or wine!), and talking about their babies. 

One of my goals is to extend a loving support group and an open heart to as many women that need or want it. This is a non-profit organization built by mothers who have had to travel down this path of grief feeling alone. I have included the Faces of Loss, Faces of Hope website along with the Face2Face Nashville/Davidson Co. Friendship Group info. page. 

Our first meeting will be tonight at 7PM at Ugly Mugs in East Nashville. Please visit our F2F Nashville/Davidson Co. page for more info. Feel free to contact me as well if you have any questions.
Love and Light!

Leanne
Group Leader for Face2Face Nashville/Davidson Co. Friendship Group
[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2011, 03:57 PM

I'm not in your area or I would attend - it sounds like an amazing idea.  Please keep us updated.  I'll also watch your website so if you ever come to my area I'll be there.

I'm so sorry for your loss.  My second son died two years ago and it would be nice to have others to talk to IRL.  Because time has passed others who haven't experienced this type of loss just assume I'm "over it."

Best wishes!!!

Old 02-04-2011, 04:26 PM - Thread Starter

Go to www.facesofloss.com and look at the Face2Face Group link to to if anyone in your area has started a group. They are new and popping up all over the world right now! If not, then maybe you would like to start it up for all the women who are like you and wish something like that was available. Thanks for your support.

Leanne

User Tag List