still not over my miscarriage 4 months later - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 10-22-2011, 01:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm a graduate student, graduating at the end of this semester (December 2011). Given the tight job market, about a year ago my husband and I planned to TTC in the spring so we could have our first child right when I finished my program, then I could look for a job when I was ready. I'd heard all about how hard it was to time everything perfectly when TTC, but lo and behold, it worked, and I was pregnant with a due date in early February. Then I miscarried in July at 8 weeks along. I am a careful planner by nature and what I mourned most was this perfect timing that I had planned for myself.

After I miscarried I was completely devastated, but, I thought "ok well we can try again for a couple more cycles. if it doesn't work I will have to turn my attention toward finding a job.". TTCing didn't work-- I imagine because my cycles were so wonky after the MC. I begrudgingly realized I would have to focus on finding a job. Then the lucky news happened last week that I landed a prestigious job in my field.

I should be beside myself with excitement- I got the first job I applied for, I get to start in December right when I finish school, it pays well, etc. But I don't care. I feel such intense malaise at the idea of this great job in my field because what I wanted at this juncture in my life was a baby. It's just starting to hit me hard that we have to put TTCing on the shelf until I've been at my job for 3 months so we qualify for FMLA.

It just took so much emotional work to ready myself to have a baby (I'm not really that into children). I wasn't even sure how I would feel back in May when I found out I was pregnant. I surprised myself by feeling this whole new kind of scary joy I had never felt before. And then it was snatched away from me.

I'm about to turn 30, too. This birthday will suck. I realize that in the grand scheme of things I have time, but it's not like I'm super young and have forever either.

This week, two different friends have revealed that they are 3 months pregnant. I am never one to resent other people's happiness but i find myself feeling this overwhelming sense of "why not me?" why does everyone else get to sail through this without a problem in the world and not me? It feels so crushingly unfair. I can't stop crying today. It's been four months, but I'm finding myself so much bluer this week than before. Maybe getting this job is forcing me to move on in a way I wasn't ready for before.

I just had to get this out somewhere. I've been crying all day today for some reason. My husband is sweet but he can't really understand how I feel. Any e-hugs and support is really appreciated.

Happily married for 5 years. Tried for our first baby 6/2011, got preg right away, and miscarried. Took a 4 month break, and then had nothing but infertility & a few early miscarriages until 12/2012 when we learned I had a lumpy edge in my uterus. Doc removed it and now we are trying again....

#2 of 6 Old 10-25-2011, 08:35 PM

I don't really have much to say but I couldn't read and not reply. I'm so sorry for your loss hug2.gif

I hope it gets easier for you! 

SAHM married with 2 boys (Feb 2010 & Oct 2012) 

signcirc1.gifgoorganic.jpg

#3 of 6 Old 10-25-2011, 08:41 PM

Oh honey, I'm so sorry for your loss.  Here's all the hugs I would give you if I was with you in real life:

hug2.gifhug.gifhug2.gifhug.gifhug2.gif

It's okay to cry.  A lot of your dreams had to change and that's always hard and scary.  I hope you feel comfort soon.

SAHM to DS BuggaBoo blahblah.gif  12/07, and DD Doozer energy.gif03/10.  Sharing life with The Hubby since 01/05.

#4 of 6 Old 11-02-2011, 09:17 PM

First of all I am so sorry for your loss. I had a miscarriage on New Years Day 2010 and it took me a VERY long time to mourn the loss. Don't feel guilty about being sad about your friend's happiness. I think that is normal. When I found out my sister in law was pregnant two months after my miscarriage I threw an all out hissy fit (throwing things and bawling hysterically), which is completely out of character. Please don't put a time limit on your sorrow because it will always be a part of you. Talk with friends who have gone through loss or find a support group to help you through. Be kind to yourself and let yourself cry when you need to. I promise you it does get better, even if the pain never goes completely away. I am thinking of you and sending you lots of positive vibes. Big hugs to you honey!hug2.gif

belly.gifTeresa, wife of Chris, mom to be 11/11/2011.2ndtri.gif neg.gifFound out 03/20/11 and it was the best moment in our lives!  Always in our hearts, 01/01/2010angel.gif (8 weeks)rainbow1284.gif

dust.gifCounting down!!!***4***8***12***16***20***24***28***32***36***heartbeat.gif**baby.gif

#5 of 6 Old 11-14-2011, 12:39 PM

Feeling the same here! Found out at 12 weeks that our baby had died a week earlier. We had already had 2 scans and saw our little darling. I thought i was coming to terms with it and starting to heal but now a month on I feel back to square 1.....Dont know what can make this feel better when I feel like I have nothing to look forward to. So many pregnant colleagues due same time as I would have been. It makes me question 'why me?' but then I feel guilty about feeling that way. Any ideas or tips. Pleasex

#6 of 6 Old 11-23-2011, 10:45 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)

I'm so sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and sending hugs.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page