My colleague and sons preschool teacher committed suicide - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I got a call this morning from the supervisor of my sons preschool, were I was working part time this past year, that one of his teachers took her life on Sunday night. I am shocked and saddened and confused. She was a wonderful teacher and I really enjoyed working with her, she always seemed happy but was a pretty private person. No one at the school has any idea of what she must have been going through. She was married and had a 14 year old son. I can not understand why she did this although I do understand she must have been in terrible pain to feel this was her only option bawling.gif We were a small and close group of teachers and I am feeling her loss immensely.

I haven't told my DS yet as I am waiting for the supervisor to tell the parents at the school. I am dreading telling him as he really liked his teacher and the last picture I have in my head of her is her smiling on Friday afternoon and DS saying good bye to her and to have a good weekend.

This is the first person I have lost to suicide, I myself have dealt with mental health issues most of my life and have been close to suicidal when I was a teenager but the thought of the pain I would cause to others always stopped me from following through. It's just so terrible and sad and I needed to talk to someone about it. Thanks for reading.

Scarlett bfinfant.gif , DH Boris geek.gif , DS 1/29/08 Julian kid.gif DD2 6/7/12 babygirl.gif missing our DD 1/06/06 Sonja angel3.gif and MC @ 9 wks 11/18/06 Satchel  angel.gif

#2 of 4 Old 05-08-2012, 04:55 PM

I have not great advice but couldn't read without letting you know I totally hear you. I lost my friend shortly after high school to suicide. It is horrible and leaves many questions. It does get better with time but is always a tender subject. 

I will pray for strength and peace for everyone involved. candle.gif

~Katie~ married to J, mom to DD- A 13 yrs ,DS- L 7yrs , and my little nursling DD2- R 5yrs.

crochetsmilie.gif

#3 of 4 Old 05-29-2012, 08:02 AM

My heart is heavy knowing she was in so much pain and for her son being without a mother.  I'm sure all of her students will grieve and miss her too hug.gif

><> Mom to superhero.gif (6) hearts.gif (4) energy.gif (2) and baby.gif (born March!)
#4 of 4 Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm so sorry.

I was also going to recommend finding some books or advice on how to help your son deal with this. I'm glad someone had a concrete recommendation as I don't. I wish you and your son the best in getting through this.

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe

Tags
Grief And Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page