how do I go on??? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 07-08-2012, 01:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
I am Tayas mother and I dont know how to go on. I had a beautiful, fun and smart 28mo old named Taya Marie that I planned. She is my youngest child of four and there was an 11yr gap between her and her brother so you can guess how SPOILED she was. Asthma and complications from intubation killed my daughter and needless to say I am a very angry, bitter, sad and confused mother. I have always been a woman of faith but this has shaken me beyond belief and I am questioning everything. I dont know how to trust God anymore when I know He took her. I am trying to be strong for my other kids but right now, nothing matters but needing, wanting and yearning for her and knowing that will NEVER happen. My poor husband is trying to be strong for me and the kids and grieve for his baby girl (He took such wonderful and careful care of her, she was his world) Meds don't help me but we are taking it minute by minute for our kids (i wont even get into how they're hurting).....anyone who has been here please respond.......

Always,

Nicole (Tayas' Mom)
#2 of 30 Old 07-08-2012, 02:33 PM

I lost my youngest of four, my 27 month old son, on January 11th.  His heart  went into sudden cardiac arrest and put him in a coma for a week before he passed away.  It was all very sudden and unexpected.  I am right here with you.  

belly.gifMandy Mom to Hayden (9),  Ellie (7),  Jordyn (4),  Evan (10/07/09 - 01/11/12),  

and our rainbow1284.gif baby due January 29th!  

homebirth.jpg   waterbirth.jpg   redbluerib.gif   novaxnocirc.gif

candleflicker2.gif www.facebook.com/healingevan                

#3 of 30 Old 07-08-2012, 02:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mandy, thank you for responding....sometimes you feel as if your the only ones going through this and that everyone has just forgotten about my baby and has gne on with their lives. I know they must go on but it hurts so bad and angers me so. Thank you for responding, how is this moment for you, im asking because thats all I can face is each moment ;'(
#4 of 30 Old 07-10-2012, 08:21 PM

Oh I am so sorry mama. :(  I am just so very sorry.

#5 of 30 Old 07-10-2012, 09:20 PM

So very sorry. I don't know you, but sending love from one mom to another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lucky mom to Oliver, 8/6/07, and Finn, 11/28/10, and wife to DH
#6 of 30 Old 07-10-2012, 09:32 PM

i am so incredibly sorry greensad.gif much love and strength to you and your family.

Midwifery student , Mama to my 4 amazing kids. treehugger.gif

#7 of 30 Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM

Oh honey, I wish I were there to give you a huge hug. I have lost two otiful my daughters one at 2 weeks and the other at four months. My world just collapsed both times. Your grief is in honor of your beautiful baby. She is a huge part of you and this will be a lifelong process. My heart goes out to you and yoyr family.
writinglove likes this.
#8 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for sharing, I dont know what to do with myself anymore. My eldest is expecting a daughter and she is due on Tayas Bday ;'( people ask if I think thats a blessing, the baby yes but the due date is soooo hard for all of us. I feel as if my baby and my daughters pregnancy has been ripped away from me with this bein so fresh i cant enjoy this special time with her. Again, your words help and I accept that hug.....i am so very sorry for all your loss, i cant imagine going through this again.
#9 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:47 AM

My losses were in pregnancy my son and daughter. But I just want to say I am soooo sorry for your loss and your family is in my thoughts. Much love to you and your husband and children!

#10 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 06:39 AM

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I lost my son to sids three months ago. Have you tried any support groups, online or in real life? It helps me to read other's blogs and to write my own. All I can say is in my experience, it has gotten so that i can see myself going on. The first few weeks were the worst, but now I can say that things are better. I am able to remember happier times and strive for happiness again without feeling like it is a totally unachievable goal. Right after Charlie died, and still on some days, I just felt like there was no reason for me to go on. It's a horrible feeling.
I am so sorry. It's not fair- hug.gif

Holly and David partners.gif

Adaline love.gif (3/20/10), and Charlie brokenheart.gif (1/26/12- 4/10/12) and our identical  rainbow1284.gif  twins Callie and Wendy (01/04/13)

SIDS happens. 

#11 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Yes, I do think that these convsations with you all are helping me.
I look @ others in a store or in the car next to me and wonder if they have had any loss
And realize they have no idea that I have, (the only way they have a clue is from the tattoos I have)
Always hated them but that was one thing I felt I had to do. I am feeling a connection to you all
But hate that this the horrible thing that is connecting us. We are forever in a club that none of us would
Have joined if they paid us. Thanks for responding, you all keep me going by giving me something to
Look forward to (hearing from you all)
#12 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:12 PM

I am very sorry for your loss.  I also lost my daughter.  She was my third child and only girl.  She went into resp. arrest in the ER and the doc was unable to intubate her.  This was back in 07, and I am still angry and bitter and my faith was also shaken to the core.  I understand, and again, I'm so sorry.

#13 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:24 PM - Thread Starter

Our stories sound the same. People keep asking me when im going back to work but my daughter was at my place of business when she got sick. I work in the ER and thats where she was before they transferred her to the NICU where they said during intubation she had bronchiospasm and thats what stopped her heart for 24 min and thats what killed her (no oxygen to the brain) we watched her for a week in a coma and then they declared her brain dead. I hate this life and just exsist for my kids......thanks for listening and sharing, sorry if i saddened you.
#14 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:42 PM

People are so inconsiderate. That is the biggest thing I learned that most people will not understand.  I can't even go to the place where my water broke the first time and its be 2.5 years. I have had each baby at a different hospital because the idea of going back to a hospital where I lost a baby is not ok with me.  I am so sorry. You should not have to go back to work until you are ready. <3<3<3 And even then I would think if you wanted to work at a different place that would be totally normal and understandable.

#15 of 30 Old 07-14-2012, 12:48 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you....i will def not be going back to the ER and probably not back to that facility. Thanks for your support
#16 of 30 Old 07-15-2012, 05:46 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter, Taya. Although I have not experienced the same thing you have, taking things minute by minute (as you mentioned in your first post) is something that I find very helpful in times of pain and loss. For me, those minutes begin to stretch into hours and days and I can take things hour by hour or day by day, but that takes time and there isn't a specific timetable for that happens. As you navigate your path ahead, I'm sending lots of support and love to you and your family and will keep Taya in my memory.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#17 of 30 Old 07-15-2012, 05:55 PM - Thread Starter

Thank u so much.....moment by moment is getting easier, but anymore than that is too much. Oh, and thank you so much for mentioning my beautiful girl by name because no matter what, i wont let her name, humor, love, spiceyness or memories pass. She is wonderful
#18 of 30 Old 07-15-2012, 06:00 PM

Thank you for the update and for sharing stories about Taya; her name is beautiful and I can definitely feel that Taya is alive in your heart and in the memories of those who knew her and those who get to hear about her humor, love, personality, and life. I'm glad things are getting a little easier at the moment.

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

#19 of 30 Old 07-15-2012, 06:05 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you, her name means "Beautiful Flower"
#20 of 30 Old 07-15-2012, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tayas mom View Post

Thank you, her name means "Beautiful Flower"

That's so lovely! stillheart.gif

#21 of 30 Old 07-17-2012, 09:32 AM

Spicyness? I agree her name is beautiful! She sounds absolutley amazing. I'm glad its starting to get better. I agree moment by moment.

#22 of 30 Old 08-06-2012, 01:56 AM - Thread Starter

I am having such a hard time rite now. I want my daughter sooooo damn bad. This pain is unbearable
#23 of 30 Old 08-06-2012, 08:51 PM

Thinking of you and sending support and hugs. hug.gif I wish Taya was with you in person right now.

#24 of 30 Old 08-06-2012, 09:13 PM - Thread Starter

Thank you honey, I wish she was here, its so unfair and wrong that shes gone.......i dont know where to go from here
#25 of 30 Old 08-07-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:

Thank you honey, I wish she was here, its so unfair and wrong that shes gone.......i dont know where to go from here

I wish Taya was with you in person too. It is so unfair that she's not. As for where to go, when I'm having a hard time, I take things in small steps, a day at time, sometimes an hour or a minute at a time.

How are you doing today?

#26 of 30 Old 08-07-2012, 11:14 PM - Thread Starter

Have you also lost a child?
Moments are all I have, thank you for your post, they really help me more than you know.
#27 of 30 Old 08-08-2012, 02:08 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I don't want to butt in where I don't belong. I haven't lost a child. I just wanted to say out loud that my heart goes out to you and I have Taya in my heart now and sending you some love. I wish I could be there to help you in some way, to let you fall apart in my arms, to cook you a meal or do something for your kids. But I know nobody can take away your pain. I am so so sorry. candle.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#28 of 30 Old 08-08-2012, 09:24 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you for your kind words.....
#29 of 30 Old 08-08-2012, 09:57 PM

Quote:

Have you also lost a child?

I have not lost a child. I have experienced other losses, so I do my best to empathize based on my experiences, knowing of course that none of us can exactly understand how someone else feels or what someone else's experience is like for them.

Quote:

Moments are all I have, thank you for your post, they really help me more than you know.

It's ok to just take things moment to moment. I'm glad the posts in this thread are helpful; I find it's good to have as much different support as I can (internet, in person, those who can help with practical things, those who can provide emotional support, etc.).

Remembering Taya candle.gif and sending support hug.gif.

#30 of 30 Old 08-27-2012, 12:03 AM - Thread Starter

Hey Mandy, how have you been.. cant stop seeing the parallels between our stories. Hope your hanging there.

Tags
Grief And Loss

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page