My mom died suddenly three weeks ago... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 12-31-2012, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I feel so lost. Three weeks ago I got a phone call that I will never forget. My mom had died. No one knew what happened. At the time, they thought she fell and hit her head. But in the end, it was a heart attack followed by a fall. I live very far away from her, but we spoke almost daily. She'd been feeling crappy/nauseas since at least Thanksgiving. I asked her to go to the doctor every time we spoke, but she "was fine". As I spoke with many of her friends, the week leading up to her heart attack, she wasn't fine. I am so sad, so confused, so angry. Why didn't she go to the doctor if she was not feeling well? Why didn't I know how sick she was? She and I had a very open and honest relationship...we had our struggles, we fought, we laughed, we cared deeply for eachother. I am so heartbroken. I cry every day. I miss her so much. I have so much guilt and sadness.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 12-31-2012, 04:53 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Peace to you.  I am so sorry for your loss.  candle.gif

'09   
#3 of 14 Old 12-31-2012, 05:03 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

joy.giflurk.gif

#4 of 14 Old 12-31-2012, 09:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

So sorry momma. 

#5 of 14 Old 01-04-2013, 11:06 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

Robin Alexis

#6 of 14 Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

I'm so sorry candle.gif

Mama since 2010
Multicultural living in Europe
#7 of 14 Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM

Mama since 2010
#8 of 14 Old 01-11-2013, 01:47 PM

triple post....

Mama since 2010
#9 of 14 Old 01-11-2013, 05:50 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so very sorry for your loss carolynb candle.gif . My mom left this earth almost a decade ago and it still hurts. I loved my mom dearly and miss her every single day. I still need her! Be gentle with yourself hug2.gif .

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

#10 of 14 Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM

Your mother seemed like a very strong women. Do not feel guilt....she probably knew it was time to go. I wish I had that type of relationship with my mother....to have a pleasant conversation with her every day. Think of what you had. Maybe she wanted to keep it up beat and positive with you when you talked.......to make that a lasting memory. Hold on to that.....

My heart and soul are with you,

Nikki

#11 of 14 Old 02-24-2013, 08:33 AM

I think I had the exact same title about a year and a half ago. My mother too, passed suddenly from heart related condition that I had no knowledge of. It has now been 17 months. The pain has faded, but not a day passes that I don't think of her at least a dozen times or more. the hardest part for me is that my girls will never know her and she will never know my girls. They are now 6 months and almost 3. I was VERY angry for a while. and for a long time, every time I thought of my mother I could only think of all of the mistakes she had made in her life and all the things that I would do differently. At around 6 months I started to feel peace with all of it. It's been a gradual process, but now when I think of her I just think of all of her best qualities and how grateful I am that I did much time with her as I did. it still stings when my friends talk of their mothers. Maybe it always will. Be gentle with yourself it's a hard road for sure, but you are not alone. Feel free to p.m. me if you like.

Happy fly-by-nursing1.giffamilybed2.giffemalesling.GIF, delayed/selective vaxxing, WOHM to DD1 4/10 diaper.gif, DD2 8/12 babygirl.gif and partner/wife for thirteen years to SAHD DHsuperhero.gif.  

#12 of 14 Old 03-08-2013, 10:56 AM

my daddy died suddenly of a heart attack 6 months ago. I didn't get to say goodbye, but he was at least here in town visiting so I did see him the night before. I miss him terribly. I am just beginning to deal with this... even though it has been 6 months and we had a memorial service, etc. It just didn't seem real until now.

I cry daily, too.  ((HUGS))

Forest  treehugger.gifMushroom whale.gif

#13 of 14 Old 03-09-2013, 01:11 PM

I am so sorry for your loss....It leaves such a hole to lose a parent.  I hope you have family and friends that you can look to for support. It makes it even harder that it was such a shock and possibly preventable if she had went to the drs You can't change what happened but you can remember all the fun you had with your mother.  She would want you to do that Hang in there and be good to yourself you deserve it!!

#14 of 14 Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)

i am so so sorry for your loss

happily in love with dh blowkiss.gif and raise my three jelly beansjumpers.gif and missing my  babies in heavenangel3.gifangel3.gifangel2.gifangel1.gifangel1.gifangel1.gif angel.gif we finely got are rainbow and me and her daddy are so glad are rainbow is here  born on 11/07/2013 

Tags
Grief And Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page