pregnant after loss - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-26-2013, 07:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am new to this forum, so I apologize if this topic has already been addressed.

I lost my precious son to SIDS in April 2012. He was a desperately wanted and very loved and treasured baby. (conceived through IVF) He died very unexpectedly. He suddenly stopped breathing while in my arms, for no apparent reason. We were at the pediatrician's office a few hours earlier, where the doctor said that he was healthy, and she had no concerns. I still struggle to understand what happened. No family history of sudden death on either side, we don't smoke, I breast fed exclusively.

I am now pregnant again. (naturally this time, go figure) I am very excited, but also very nervous. I worry about every little thing that could go wrong.

Has anyone experienced anything like this, or have any advice on managing the anxiety?

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2013, 03:20 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I am so sorry you had to go through this. I have no advice but hopefully bumping this up will get you some advice and answers from people who have had similar unfortunate experiences. All I can say is to try not worry, I know its hard, but the added stress, worry, and anxiety isn't good for your baby, you, or your family.

bfinfant.gifbreastfeedingfemalesling.GIF baby-wearing familybed1.gif bed-sharing greenthumb.gif herb growing/using nocirc.gif no circ'ing  lady.gif Mama 

bikenew.gif6-25-2006goodvibes.gif11.29.2008dust.gif7-6-2010babyf.gif10-3-2012 belly.gifcraving #5 ALREADY 

Old 07-02-2013, 06:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Welcome to Mothering, Blessed44. I'm very sorry for the loss of your son. candle.gif And I wanted to offer my congratulations on your pregnancy. love.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed44 View Post
Has anyone experienced anything like this, or have any advice on managing the anxiety?

If you haven't already, you might want to check out our Pregnancy After Loss forum to connect with other mamas in similar situations. I'm sending a hug your way for this time of so many emotions. hug2.gif

hh2.gif Head over to the Holiday Helper forum and be a part of this wonderful Mothering tradition! joy.gif

Wondering about Mothering in general? Check out Mothering's User Agreement! smile.gif

Old 07-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed44 View Post
We were at the pediatrician's office a few hours earlier, where the doctor said that he was healthy, and she had no concerns. I still struggle to understand what happened.

Dear Blessed44,

I am so so very sorry for the loss of your precious baby hug.gif

If you feel you need answers to get a closure, I would seriously look into vaccines. I don't know if your son received any vaccines that day or a week or two before, but there is enough evidence to show a very possible correlation between vaccines and SIDS. Mothering.com forum has a wonderful Vaccination sub-forum. Some of the moms on that forum had their kids injured or killed by vaccines. Also check out this link, it is linked to many studies from around the glob showing a potential danger of vaccines http://www.healthfromscratch.com/vaccines-safety-info.html

Tags
Grief And Loss
User Tag List