3 monthes and hit me hard - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 07-27-2013, 04:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

It has been 3 monthes since my dad passed away,he died of a heart attack in his sleep.He was complaining of chest pains and did the right thing,get it checked out.One ER doctor said it was a rib out of place and it was not.My sister Julia whom is a nurse knew it was a heart attack and doctors ignored this.Finally one night,he went to bed and did not wake up the next day.My mother found him dead.Coroner said it was a heart attack,this was the cause of his death.It hit me hard includig my mom and sister.My dad was a loving family man,husband,father and grandfather.He did spend a lot of time with my sister and I.Took us out for hunting.I remember the time I went out deer hunting with him for the first time when I was 12 years old,I shot a nice 6 point.He watched it drop on the spot and saw it was me that shot it.Told me great job,was amazed by the practice with the rifle I used I did before.I still have the rifle that I shot that deer with calling it my first shot rifle.I have a 1969 Chevrolet Nova my father and I built together when I was 16 years old.The memories are helping me cope very well.The greatest gift I gave him were two grandchildren,a grandson and a granddaughter and he loved them both.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

I am very sorry about your loss.  I lost my mom to a very sudden death. The grief would come and go. Some days it was OK and then it would hit me really hard. If I could make it easier for you right now, I would  do it.

I am glad you have things and people that help you. Take care of yourself. Take breaks from work or other obligations. Be ncie to yourself whatever rit means in your world, from cup of tea to  taking a class.

Hugs.

Old 07-27-2013, 04:59 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I get the Nova out once in a while and go out for a drive.I feel his spirit when I did this.I also have his Snap On toolbox from work,the tools are still in the same shape after he passed away.He left my sister and I money including money for our kid's education fund too.I remember the song my mom had played at the funeral too in memory of him,My best friend by Tim Mcgraw.He loved my mom a lot and was great to her.My sister and I had Daddy's Hands played in memory of him.

Tags
Grief And Loss
User Tag List