Relapse into profound grief - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 10-23-2013, 04:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Over a year ago, my baby sister took her life.  I saw my mom two days ago for the first time since she left us.  The profound grief that seems to have taken over the last 48 hours is crushing.  Instead of brining my family together, it has broken it irreparably.  I no longer speak to the surviving sibling and my family has moved away. I am utterly alone, having lost my best friend and also have the looming divorce to deal with.  I am not sure what I need but it hurts.  Nothig could hurt memore for she was MY baby.  Right now I feel lost after feeling I had come so far.

Mom of many minions . . . babyf.gif jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif     jumpers.gif
"And when our baby stirs and struggles to be born it compels humility: what we began is now its own." Margaret Mead 
#2 of 3 Old 10-23-2013, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Love and peace to you...

This is a tree on fire with love, but it's still scary since most people think love only looks like one thing instead of the whole world. *
#3 of 3 Old 10-23-2013, 09:01 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

mama i am so sorry.

It is sooo hard to lose your best friend. I lost my brother 25 years ago and suddenly that crushing grief still comes on. Mostly for things i would have loved to share with him. we just had his anniversary last month.

Your many minions hopefully will be able to help you pull through.

as i lay in hospital to give birth whilst my ‘dear’ husband (who had been vacillating between wanting a divorce and not sure what to do - in the end i made up his mind for him) went off to play tennis and hang out with friends,  i Soo dreadfully missed my bro and father who would have never left my side.

Lots of hugs to you.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

Tags
Grief And Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page