My dad passed away and I'm not handling it well - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 04-14-2014, 05:05 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My dad has been battling brain cancer since November 2012. On February 19th we found out that he had a few weeks to live. We always knew this would take his life, but he had been doing well and responding amazingly to treatment. He passed away on March 25th. We just moved to a new state and so on top of being profoundly sad I'm very lonely. I was having a hard time getting through the day I was so sad that I just sort of stopped feeling anything and now I'm realizing how angry and sad I am. I feel like I could explode. I don't know why I'm posting this. I just can't keep it in. My husband thinks I'm doing okay even though I've tried to tell him.
#2 of 7 Old 04-14-2014, 05:50 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
My life is so very similar - I lost my beloved dad on January and every day feels like I'm replaying that moment in my head.
I cannot write more now - Witt my girls and I know just writing about it will bring the tears back. I will write more tonight but until them please know you aren't alone in your grief.
#3 of 7 Old 04-19-2014, 06:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I am so very, deeply sorry for your loss.

My Dad died this past Christmas Eve. I live on the other side of the globe (literally) and I could not attend the funeral. I find myself thinking about him daily, just random little memories of what we did  together or how he was. Some memories bring tears others make me laugh. Allowing myself to remember all the fun (or not so fun) things helps me to process his death.

You are not alone. Sending you lots of :Hug

Me sleepytime.gif DH violin.gifand the kiddos run.gif   Follower of Jesus heartbeat.gif
#4 of 7 Old 04-19-2014, 05:03 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
I am sorry greensad.gif My dad passed away Jaurary 4th after his long battle with Cancer...I have good days and I have bad days..it just takes time...HUgS to you....
#5 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 07:37 AM

I'm sorry- for all of you. :grouphug

Have you considered having grief counselling? Personally I found it so helpful. My real mother died tragically, and fours years later my brother Adam in August last year and then my father, an alcoholic. I had grief counselling for all three. I can contact my counsellor any time I need. It really does help.

#6 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 09:45 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you all. I'm so sorry your losses as well. I should probably contact a therapist of some sort. I had one where we lived last who I really liked, but we just moved so I need to find a new one.
#7 of 7 Old 04-21-2014, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eren710 View Post

Thank you all. I'm so sorry your losses as well. I should probably contact a therapist of some sort. I had one where we lived last who I really liked, but we just moved so I need to find a new one.

Your bereavement will take time, but gradually (speaking personally), things will become easier for you.

eren710 likes this.

Tags
Grief And Loss

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page