My pet is gone. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 05-23-2005, 01:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I've never had a pet before, so when we rescued my dp's dog a couple of years ago, it was quite a learning experience. But once he trained me, we were very close. He followed me around like a shadow, waited for me outside the bathroom door, and greeted us with enthusiasm every time. He was very playful and you would never know he was already 9 years old. He was our familiar.

The neighbour "found him in the alley" yesterday. His skull was crushed and his neck broken.

So, when does the crying stop? It doesn't seem to be in my control, which is strange, since I am a control freak. My dp is being the strong super-person that represses all feeling and has everything under control, although I know he is deeply affected by the loss of his best friend. Our 5yo is still trying to wrap his mind around the concept.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 07:43 PM

Pets are another family member IMHO, so the loss of them in our lives is very real and painful. And grief takes time and yes, it can be very overwhelming at times. This loss is so new and fresh, just try to be gentle with yourself right now.

Hugs~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#3 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 11:43 PM

I couldn't read without responding. I am so sorry for your loss Poor little buddy.

The pain does go away, eventually. Time is the only thing that will heal your grief. For now, just grieve
#4 of 6 Old 05-26-2005, 11:54 PM

I'm so sorry.
#5 of 6 Old 05-27-2005, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracklegirl
The neighbour "found him in the alley" yesterday. His skull was crushed and his neck broken.

OMG -
Do you think this was a result of a car accident or foul play?
Did you call the Police and/or your local Humane Org?
This could be featured in your local paper looking for anyone who knows.
this horrible event should be eligible for prosecution.

OMG - I'm weeping with you.....

What was your dog's name ?

Know he is now at the RAINBOW BRIDGE
He now frolics with the Angels

Me & DH hug2.gif , adult DD lips.gif & 7 yo DS guitar.gif . 2 GSDs, 6 rescue kitties, 4 birds & a gerbil.
#6 of 6 Old 05-27-2005, 12:34 AM - Thread Starter

Thank you. Your words do comfort me.

lisamarie, I didn't know I could be so attached to a pet, this was not allowed in my family when I was growing up. But yes, you are so right! He was a member of our family, and the kindest of us all.

BowNessMonster and Queen Gwen, thank you for the hugs. I feel a little stronger now, and my dp has also let himself grieve and deal with the emotions.

polka123, I hope this was an accident. Baloo, tended to sneak into their backyard to play with their dogs, and sometimes one of their puppies would sneak into ours. We all fixed the fence several times, but the have a couple of big dogs that would just break it again.

He says that he found Baloo in the alley, during his morning jog or something like that. He didn't know whose dog it was so he wrapped it in a bag. He thought he looked like he was mauled by another animal.

My dp gave Baloo his last bath before the gentlemen came to pick him up for cremation. He saw no punctures, there was no blood. So we have no answers, just loss.

Well, we can still hear him around the house, and fell his presence. We will always miss him.

He was a mutant (20 lbs) Pomeranian, with a penchant for kissing, and the best charachter.

Sorry, I just wanted to thank you. :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page