My friend's mom suddenly died - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 12-27-2005, 06:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I just cannot wrap my head around it all and I cannot sleep.

I've been friends with A since we were in 2nd grade (we're now 29) and I've known her family for almost as long. Her mom was absolutely the coolest mom I've known and I always found it amusing that she never cared that her children cursed in her presence (not at her, it was just that mild cursing wasn't a big deal in their home). Over the years, her mom would call me her "daughter" because I was always around or bugging my friend, so I guess I was an extension of the family in some ways. Up until 7am on Christmas, she was talking...even worried about getting her presents wrapped...and then by 9am, she was gone. She wasn't sick other than feeling out of it for a few days before and then passing out on Saturday night, which landed her in the hospital. But after tests on Saturday night, the doctors couldn't give an explanation for what was wrong with her. My friend's family is having a private autospy done, but it still doesn't bring Mama T. back.

I'm sorry I'm not going anywhere with this other than to say I just don't understand WHY this happened, especially to such a sweet person, to such a down-to-Earth person. She had just retired, she was enjoying time with her grandson and she had just come back from a trip to England (that was won by my friend on a whim!). She should still be here. She should not be gone, but dammit, she is.
#2 of 5 Old 12-28-2005, 12:50 PM

I am so deeply sorry for the loss of this great, warm and wonderful woman from your life. Her energy, love and strength truly shines through in your post. I just wanted you to know that I'm lighting a candle for her, her family and friends who loved her so much.

Hugs~

Lisa

Lisa, Todd, Dane and Amber: & :::
#3 of 5 Old 12-28-2005, 11:28 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss Mom2AliKat. She sounded like a wonderful lady and mother. Sudden loss is especially hard to deal with as there are no good-byes said. I really hope they find out what happened. Not knowing is so hard.

My thoughts and prayer go to you and this mothers family.
#4 of 5 Old 12-28-2005, 11:33 PM

That's tragic. I'm sorry for your loss and wish I could say something to ease the pain. Big hugs to your and all those she touched here on this earth ...
#5 of 5 Old 12-29-2005, 03:56 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much. The funeral was today and it was, of course, very sad, but I think a lot of people are glad that it's done and over. Mama T. was such a great lady, and I think everyone wants to remember her for the cool person she was, not remembering the way she left this Earth.

Thanks again for responding.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page