Wow, didn't know that was in there - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 12-21-2006, 12:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Eek, I just went off on a total stranger for making a joke of weight loss and cancer. I can't begin to explain the anger, hurt, pain, shock, that her thoughtless comment brought out in me.
I guess that Nancy's loss is still so fresh and raw. I still think she's alive sometimes. I can hear her voice, imagine her reactions to things, see her so clearly.
Nancy was just 43. She didn't feel too well around Christmas 2004, like she was getting the Flu. By late January, she could barely get out of bed. Test after test after test. Nothing. Finally, in MARCH she was diagnosed with Leukemia. By summer, she was in clinical remission, but it was pure hell for her and her family -- she has three very young, 2 of whom are high-needs, sons and was a SAHM. She went into hospital the day before Thanksgiving 2005 for a little difficulty breathing, a mild infection. She was on a respirator by the morning of the day after Thanksgiving, and she died that night. Until she was actually on the respirator, we all thought she was doing so well. She told her boys she'd be home right after Thanksgiving. They were preparing for a marrow transplant.
I am just so angered that someone could find a joke in the truly horrible fight that Nancy, and so many, too many, others like her have fought. And lost. It was all I could do not to yell "F YOU" at this perfect stranger. I didn't realize I have so much anger over her death.
We miss her so very very much.
Nancy, Christmas 2004, with her youngest son and my youngest girl: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...d/NancyWeb.jpg
Nancy, July 2005, with my youngest girl: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../NancyWeb2.jpg
#2 of 3 Old 12-21-2006, 01:04 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Jen, mom of R (9), T (7), C (5), and E (2) ... my stillheart.gifs

#3 of 3 Old 12-21-2006, 01:39 PM

Many people say thoughtless and stupid things. I'm sorry that you overheard a cruel comment/joke.

Sorry for your loss. It's never easy losing someone you love.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page