Does anyone know where I can find keepsake jewelry... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-21-2006, 03:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 55 year old father passed away unexpectedly on Dec. 10. He was cremated and we are looking for keepsake jewelry for some of his ashes. Some people find this comforting and others find it morbid, so I apologize if this offends anyone. He was a pilot, and I'm specifically looking for a plane. Curiously, I've found cowboy boots and hats on numerous websites, but no airplanes. I have a younger brother (15 yo) who is looking for something different as well.

We are still grieving - quite frankly, just trying to wrap our minds around what's happened. My mind isn't processing things as clearly as it usually does. I wonder if I called a jeweler if they could help me? Again, the "morbid factor" has me a little worried. If anyone has any experience or advice I would appreciate it. Thank you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2006, 05:55 AM

You could try here. They don't have planes, but maybe you could have one of the basic shapes engraved with a plane? I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. I still have my portion of my Dad's ashes. He said that he wanted to always be with his children. It's been 1.5 years and I still don't know exactly what I'm going to do with them. Hang in there.

Danielle, fabric artist, mama to Eleanor 5/05 and Charlotte James 09-26-09
Old 12-23-2006, 06:34 AM

I just wanted to tell you i do not think its "morbid". My dad passed away at 54, back in August of 99. It was awful, and to be honest, I am not quite sure I have my head wrpped around it yet.

In any case, my mom kept a tiny bit of his ashes with her all the time. it didnt seem weird to me at all, even though i didnt do it myself. What people did comment on was we put most of his ashes in a urn, a bit for my mom to carry and a small amount for us to scatter over Pikes Peak in Colorado, because he never made it here to visit.

I am so sorry. I hope you find what you are looking for.
Old 12-23-2006, 08:04 PM

There is a really wonderful site called the comfort company.com. They have the most unique rememberance and grief/loss gifts I have ever seen. The prices range from affordable to very expensive. I've ordered from them before and can't say enough about their customer service. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad. This time of year is particulaly difficult for me as well. I lost my Mom to breast cancer in 2001. She was 51. She was my best friend and I miss her everyday. Do whatever you feel is right - I don't think its morbid at all.

JustJenny and DH of 20 years 

After a 2 year fertility struggle  - Baby girl is here! Jan 8th 2014 

2 Boxer Furbabies Buddha and Tootsie 
Old 12-24-2006, 01:31 AM

I lost my dad too, it was on Dec 1st, I am so sorry for your loss. I love your idea, I don't think it is morbid at all, keep looking I am sure there is something out there for you.

User Tag List