tired of grieving - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-24-2007, 03:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i can't really think of how to say it other than this grief really sucks. yesterday we had the birthday / anniversary for our first baby who died. he was fullterm stillborn 11 years ago after a ridiculously healthy and happy pregnancy and a stupid unpreventable cord accident. we went to a party over the weekend for a friends son who was born the day after mine, and although most of the year i guess i am used to life how it is now but, january always gets me down, and it's just strange to see this big crazy kid that is the same size as mine should be and see how my next 2 kids are missing a big brother. and i realize what is missing and how my family will always be one shy, and how far i still am from the mama i wanted to be even though i know how important it is and how precious they are.

then today my 13 year old dog who was my most loyal friend during my initial grief and has been an awesome protective auntie and play pal to my kids took a major downhill turn with pain meds not working, her falling and crying. things really hit the fan after normal vet hours of course, and we live 30 minutes from anyplace anyway, and i knew the car ride would really stress her out even more. the whole thing sucked. we got her to sleep with benadryl and it just seems like if life were fair and just this good old girl would just go peacefully in her sleep. but i am well aware that life is not necessarily fair or just and that i may have to deal with this in the morning. my kids are grieving like crazy, crying and sad, we all are. i even saw my husband crying which i haven't seen since he saw our dead baby, but he says he is going to work womorrow, and i wonder how i am supposed to deal with this?

i guess i should be glad she is resting now and seems at peace, and i am. i just never thought i'd have to make such a decision. i assumed that nature would take it's course, but nature can be drawn out and cruel. i think i thought people put dogs down for their own convenience, but no matter how inconvenient her old age and sickness have been that isn't what this is about. i am watching my friend get very old and her legs are quitting on her and her body hurts but her heart still keeps pumping, and i have tried to tell her goodbye and that we will love her always and miss her but we'll be ok so her spirit can go, but so far she hangs on.
its exhausting and i feel so old and tired and i can see my body is going in and out of this numb self defense place becaause this just sucks.
i should rest while she is because it is late and i may need my strength later.
i ask anyone who believes in prayer to pray that Lug passes peacefully soon and to send good thoughts our way. she deserves it. thanks.
#2 of 3 Old 01-24-2007, 04:05 AM

I'm sorry I don't have any advice but I saw your post on the main board and I couldn't read without offering
#3 of 3 Old 01-24-2007, 11:42 AM

I'm so sorry for your loss, I have no words to make it better but I couldn't read and not post...
wishing you the strength you need to get through this...

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page