I am terminating my pregnancy - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last
Grief and Loss > I am terminating my pregnancy
SweetTeach's Avatar SweetTeach 01:06 AM 07-03-2007

rabrog's Avatar rabrog 02:42 AM 07-03-2007
You're a strong mama to recognize that your son needs you. In your position (knowing what little I do), I would make the same choice, hands down. Please find counseling for yourself afterwards so that you can work through the grief properly (counseling being professional, a good friend, whomever - just someone to talk to).

Jenn
Fiestabeth's Avatar Fiestabeth 03:02 AM 07-03-2007
Much love to you, mama.
dessismama's Avatar dessismama 04:52 AM 07-03-2007

Thinking of you...
kalisis's Avatar kalisis 08:17 AM 07-03-2007
s mama.
jennay's Avatar jennay 10:51 AM 07-03-2007
I am so sorry that you have to make such a hard decision.

I don't fully understand all the medical risks but I wish you had more options. If you lived here you could live with us rent free and your DS could have someone to watch him and playmates to play with.

I have been thinking about you ever since I first read your post and I wish there was something I could do from the other side of the country. But I guess all I can do is send you a and let you know that I am thinking about you.
Subhuti's Avatar Subhuti 04:34 PM 07-03-2007
Maybe you could have a burial (with or without remains) with a small ceremony and gathering? This can really help.

You are doing the loving thing in this situation, in my opinion.

Liz
mamazee's Avatar mamazee 05:07 PM 07-03-2007
Sometimes moms have to make very difficult choices. You made the choice that is right for you and your family, and I support you in that.
AlwaysByMySide's Avatar AlwaysByMySide 05:35 PM 07-03-2007

JustOneMore's Avatar JustOneMore 04:38 AM 07-04-2007
my heart goes out to you and I pray that you find peace.
oliversmum2000's Avatar oliversmum2000 05:36 PM 07-05-2007
oh muckemom you have been through more than i can possibly imagine most of us going through in a lifetime, i am so sorry life has thrown yet another thing at you. i sincerely hope that your life finds some sort of equilibrium soon and you do not have to endure anymore - i admire you immensely for coping as well as you are

all my hugs and thoughts are with you right now
MiamiMami's Avatar MiamiMami 05:42 PM 07-05-2007
Oh Mama I am so sorry you had to make this decision. It's okay to talk about it if you need to.

Much healing to you.
Isaac'sMa's Avatar Isaac'sMa 05:52 PM 07-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckemom View Post
And I am torn to pieces over it.

Basically I am just trying to take ownership for the fact that I am choosing this, yes, I have good reasons - but it still sucks and it hurts.
I had a termination too and it doesn't matter how many good reasons you have, it still hurts and you will still mourn. It is extremely painful. I am so sorry. Please find the support you need.

There are several support sites that will pop up if you google it. Afterabortion.com was one that I found to be the most non-judgemental.
Phoenix_Rising's Avatar Phoenix_Rising 06:10 PM 07-05-2007

Ruthla's Avatar Ruthla 06:22 PM 07-05-2007
I'm so sorry you're in this position.

It's not at all "silly" to be greiving a 3 week old embryo. It's a very real loss- different than losing a child who's already been born, or losing a parent or sibling, but still a very real loss.

The fact that it's a loss doesn't make the decision to terminate any less valid. You're in a no-win situation right now- the choices are "bad" and "worse." You don't want to risk losing custody of your toddler, and you don't want to endanger your own health- once again, your 2yo needs you right now.

I hope I never need to make a similar decision. The whole situation sounds heartbreaking.
tintal's Avatar tintal 06:32 PM 07-05-2007
More hugs and support.
muckemom's Avatar muckemom 07:51 PM 07-05-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by oliversmum2000 View Post
oh muckemom you have been through more than i can possibly imagine most of us going through in a lifetime, i am so sorry life has thrown yet another thing at you. i sincerely hope that your life finds some sort of equilibrium soon and you do not have to endure anymore - i admire you immensely for coping as well as you are

all my hugs and thoughts are with you right now

Thank you. If I look at all the good things though, it makes everything that I have gone through worth while.

And I know it'll stop soon.

*Plus this one is my own doing* :
magpie mamma's Avatar magpie mamma 02:05 AM 07-07-2007

Mothra's Avatar Mothra 02:10 AM 07-07-2007
I just want to offer some love and support. I'll be thinking about you.
lalaland42 02:35 AM 07-07-2007
You are allowed to grieve this real loss. Make sure you take care of yourself while you are recuperating physically and mentally. Lots of love from me.
RachelGS's Avatar RachelGS 01:45 PM 07-07-2007
I'm so sorry for your pain, mama.
kate42's Avatar kate42 01:50 PM 07-07-2007
Much love to you.
CORGIDOG's Avatar CORGIDOG 02:04 PM 07-07-2007

My thoughts are with you. You have to do what is right for you and for your family.
Aeress's Avatar Aeress 07:58 PM 07-07-2007
sending you a p.m (it's good don't worry)

you know I support you!

*hugs*
MillingNome's Avatar MillingNome 02:43 AM 07-08-2007
Like most women terminating a pregnancy, it sounds like you've thought it through. I wish you peace as you go through the grieving process. Take care of yourself...

L&IsMama's Avatar L&IsMama 12:23 AM 07-09-2007
I had an abortion 8 years ago. It is something I do regret, very much so. (Not saying this to be derogatory in any way, just stating my personal feelings, since I have btdt) I am sorry you are in this situation, and I will not judge your choice, and I hope you find peace in your decision. I would really recommend having someone to go with you, though, just for the emotional support.
momma of monkeys's Avatar momma of monkeys 05:12 PM 07-09-2007
I hope you have gentle & fast recovery....sending you ((((LOVE)))) during this difficult time....s
muckemom's Avatar muckemom 12:34 AM 07-13-2007
Well tomorrow at 10 is it.

Wish me luck.
ezrasmummy's Avatar ezrasmummy 01:08 AM 07-13-2007
Luck.
And loads of kind thoughts going your way.
Miriam
LLobsterTV's Avatar LLobsterTV 01:32 AM 07-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by muckemom View Post
Well tomorrow at 10 is it.

Wish me luck.
I'll be thinking about you at 1 P.M. (I'm EST) and sending healing, peaceful thoughts your way. I'm here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. Do you still have my AIM screen name?

:heart:
your favorite crustacean
1  2  3 4  5  ... Last

Up