Devastated, destroyed, heartbroken.. feeling like I'll never get through this - Page 2 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#31 of 55 Old 11-07-2007, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Oh, my heart truly goes out to you and your family. I'm praying for you and wishing you strength. Stay strong, mama.
#32 of 55 Old 11-11-2007, 03:41 PM

my dear, you are in my prayers and thoughts. I really believe your mother's love will be with you and your baby regardless of where she is
#33 of 55 Old 11-12-2007, 01:20 AM

mamahippo, how are you doing? s

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#34 of 55 Old 11-12-2007, 08:37 PM

I am wishing you strength during this time and I pray you are doing ok.
#35 of 55 Old 11-13-2007, 11:33 AM

I had to send s and prayers after reading your post. Please update us about your situation.
#36 of 55 Old 11-13-2007, 03:27 PM - Thread Starter

I'm hanging in there, one day at a time. Thank you all so much for your hugs and prayers. They really mean a lot!

Still no baby. My due date is thursday the 15th and still no labor signs. We are all getting very, very impatient.

Mom is still with us. She's been spending time outside, winterizing her garden - very tough for her physically but good for her mentally she says, the act of putting her garden to bed for the winter, for possibly the last time. We've been trying to grab all the quality time together as a family that we can. She has far more bad days than good but she's being wonderfully stubborn, refusing to leave until she sees this baby. She has a major test at the hospital today ( she's there right now actually) that will determine whether they try and do more treatment or if they decide to withdraw and let God decide how long she has. I am praying for a miracle with the test results but am not holding out for one. Any prayers you'd want to send her way would be a blessing today..Including prayers for this baby to make her arrival, so she can have as much time with her Nana as possible.

Thanks again for your love and support. This kind of grief on the horizon is totally overwhelming to me, and it helps to know others are supporting me.

-Lisa
#37 of 55 Old 11-13-2007, 05:17 PM

Many to you, Lisa. I hope your baby comes soon.
#38 of 55 Old 11-13-2007, 05:29 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm so sorry for what your mother has been going through. Reading your post made me think of Jordin Rubin and his story of illness and recovery. Here's the link for his book.

http://www.amazon.com/Patient-Heal-T.../dp/1893910245
#39 of 55 Old 11-14-2007, 07:48 AM

Sending you hugs and prayers, Lisa.
#40 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 09:42 AM

**** sending love & light to you
#41 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 09:53 AM

I couldn't read and not post, but I really don't know what to say, so I am sending you strength to get through this incredibly hard time.
#42 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 11:30 AM

I am so sorry. Your mother sounds like such an amazing woman. I will be praying for you and her and your family.
#43 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dani76 View Post
You will make it through this. It doesn't seem possible, but you will. Your mom's body is sick and tired, and needing to be at rest. But her spirit will live on from your awesome memories of her. From the traditions you keep going with your family that honor her. From talking about her with your little ones.

You have had the honor of loving her and being loved by her for all of these years. That is what will get you through this. Seeing a glimmer of her in your everyday life and family is what will get you through this.

Grieve your loss when she is gone, but give her the strength to let go. She needs to know that you will be okay. And that you are so very thankful for the time that you got to spend with her.
This is EXACTLY what I wanted to write, only more eloquent. Your mother sounds like a beautiful person. I lost my dad in March, and I am really trying to keep his memory alive in my kids. It helps. Your mom and all her wisdom is a part of you! you will pass it on to your kids. Your mom will not be gone.
s to you.
#44 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 01:28 PM

I also wanted to suggest that if she is well enough, give her a notebook or tape recorder, and have her write a letter to each of your kids with love hopes memories and blessings in it. My dad did this for each of my kids and my DH and I as well as my brothers. They are special treasures, and I think they helped him feel like he was passing on some memories to us, especially my DS who was only 2 when he passed.
s
#45 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 04:39 PM

Oh Mama, I'm so sorry for the hardship and sorrow that you are and will be going through. Please dont lose your faith - it is far to valuable and precious. Our Lord is so strong and mighty, He is our Savior and our Deliverer, the lifter of our heads. We dont know why He does the things that he does, but we just must commit it to Him and place our trust and our hope in Him. He is our strength in times of trouble - we may not like what is going on, but what else can we do but cry out to Him? If we turn from Him, our darkness and confusion only deepens because we have lost our light. Share your pain and sorrow with Jesus, dear Mama, and He will comfort you. He was broken and bruised for our sorrows, etc, remember? He was raised to be our intecessor in the heavenly places. Isaiah 43, or something. I'm sorry, I wish I could write more to encourage and bring you comfort, but I have to go, my baby is crying... I can only suggest to read in the Psalms. Love and prayers.
#46 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 07:25 PM

WARNING: The comments and opinions expressed above do not necessarily reflect those of the community in which I reside; or those of the internet parenting network.
#47 of 55 Old 11-15-2007, 11:19 PM

well today is due date hope all is well
i just wanted to pop in and say i recently lost my mom... the pain and anguish i feared most never happened ... and i have come to the conclusion that it is because we had no unresolved issues... the people who seem to feel the most pain are the ones who had unfinished business... i really think you are going to be ok ... the day my mom died was one of the most beautiful incredible experiences i ever had and i will never forget it ... you can look at a website i made if you want ... its just about her celebration and some notes in tribute to her
http://moonwater13.blogspot.com/

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005
#48 of 55 Old 11-18-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose angel View Post
I also wanted to suggest that if she is well enough, give her a notebook or tape recorder, and have her write a letter to each of your kids with love hopes memories and blessings in it. My dad did this for each of my kids and my DH and I as well as my brothers. They are special treasures, and I think they helped him feel like he was passing on some memories to us, especially my DS who was only 2 when he passed.
s
This is a wonderful idea, and I think it would mean a great deal to have something of Nana even if your youngest might not know her while growing up.

Sending you lots of s tonight.

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
#49 of 55 Old 11-18-2007, 10:47 PM

s

Growing babies, fruits, veges, and chickens on our little urban homestead in the frozen north
#50 of 55 Old 11-18-2007, 11:00 PM
Banned

waiting for news

#51 of 55 Old 11-19-2007, 12:07 AM

i'm sorry that you are having to deal with this tragic situation. some of the words of support on this thread have been so thoughtful and inspirational to read.

peace to you and your mama.
#52 of 55 Old 11-23-2007, 01:08 AM

I'm so sorry. It is so hard watching a mother who's ill. Much peace and love your way.

#53 of 55 Old 11-23-2007, 10:35 AM

New endeavor coming soon...
Raising Alice in Wonderland (DSD, 17), and in love with a Superman
#54 of 55 Old 11-27-2007, 10:49 PM
Banned

Thinking of you
#55 of 55 Old 12-06-2007, 02:41 PM

I noticed in your recent posts that you had your baby, congratulations wow pretty late both mine were at least 2 weeks late, and my daughter had hers 4 weeks late!

I was wondering how you mom is doing?

Mom to DD born 1989 DS born 1993 and grandma to
DGS born 2005

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page