Singing at a memorial and picking my hubby up home from Iraq. Too much. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 12-08-2007, 05:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
July 18, 1933 - November 22, 2007

Today I sing at the memorial for the most amazing women I have ever been blessed to know. She was a social activist, my NVC partner, and showed me unconditional love. I am better friend because of her. She raised a family and changed the lives of so many. Goddess miss her. She will be alive in me and so many others.

Right after the service I have to rush to the airport to pick my husband up, home from Iraq after over a year. Funny as Anne was in Iraq for the war helping people. She even started a GI Rights group here that I give my time too to help get soldiers out of the military. Yet she supported my military family. Simply amazing.

So emotional today. Not to mention little sleep with our three week old daughter. Too much in one day. So much sorrow and so much joy. I can not seem to eat a thing and feel like a mess.

I am a 27 year old who has said for the past two years, I want to grow up and be like Anne. She was like a mother to me. She raised her children and then worked to change the world. I can be a wonderful mother and still do great things in the world. She showed me it was possible. I miss her.

I miss hubby..... but soon I can hold him. Always will I hold Anne in my heart.

Army wife to wonder hubby. Mama to 4 and Surrogate mother x2.: Zoey Born 5/7/2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2007, 06:30 PM

RedOak ~ Momma to DS (8) , DS (4) , DD (3) , & DD 9/10 ~
Old 12-08-2007, 06:38 PM

i am sorry

and hormonal and pp too .............

Aimee + Scott = Theodore Roosevelt (11/05) and 23 months later Charles Abraham (10/07)....praying for a little sister; the search starts May 2014
Old 12-09-2007, 05:58 PM

i am so glad that dh is comming home and will see his new baby!

and so very very sorry for your loss.

Erika, wife to Eric, Mom to Son's, Mathias, Colin and Bonus Baby Girl Salem ::
Old 12-09-2007, 06:47 PM

I am so sorry for your loss and so happy that your husband is coming home safely so he can hold you close in his arms to offer you comfort.
Old 12-09-2007, 06:52 PM

what a beautiful and touching post. i'm sorry your friend and mentor is gone...happy to hear you have some good things happening, too. sometimes the contrast is startling, though.
Old 12-09-2007, 09:53 PM

Oh mama, I hope you made it through the day, and found much-needed support in your DH's embrace. So sorry to hear about the loss of a beloved woman in your life.

That's a day full of emotional twists and turns for you.... it will be one you look back on and think "how did I get through that?"

I'd love to hear an update on how the day went yesterday, and what life is like with DH back at home. What song did you sing at the service?

CPST ***I can help keep your child safe in the car. Ask me a car seat question!***

User Tag List