Missing my Dad... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-16-2008, 05:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
it will be 2 years next month. I miss him so bad and he is just gone. I am just repeating myself when I say I miss him, but there is nothing else to say...
It does get better with time. I don't cry everyday anymore - I still think of him all the time (everyday I am sure). It is so hard. I lived my whole life with him and he is gone for my whole rest of my life. I am afraid as time passes I will forget him. I mean I will forget things like his smell or the way his hands looked or his smile or his voice or how he said he loved me. He was only 56. He missed out on so much...
\
Peace to all of you who are grieving tonight. I feel your pain.

Babydoll
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2008, 12:14 PM

I completely understand how you feel. I lost my grandma 23 years ago. She was more like my mom, my best friend, and such a huge part of my life. I still miss her and think about her every day. Yes it does get easier. But you never forget. I still remember how it felt to be hugged by her, to lay my head in her lap, how she looked when she was so proud of something I had accomplished. I'm sorry for your pain.

Missing my Auntie
Grandma to 4 beautiful little boys
Old 02-18-2008, 05:25 AM

Hugs Mama....I lost my dad a year and a half ago. I miss him everyday too and it just hurts so bad sometimes I miss him so much. He was only 48 and took his own life, it was pretty truamatic. I was such a Daddy's Girl, his only girl.

It does get easier, but you're right you still grieve a lot. I think I will probably grieve for much longer as my life will never be the same without him.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:31 AM

Hugs to you. I miss my dad too. It is dd's 5th birthday today and the last one he saw was her 2nd. So much has changed and we have missed him so much on so many different occassions. She sees Hairy Grandad in the moon though so she is quite happy.

Reading these threads about dads makes me cry but I just can't let them go without saying that you are not alone
Old 02-18-2008, 01:39 PM

My father died 10 years ago. He was 47. He had pancreatic cancer. It gets easier on one hand with time. The hard part is that my father never knew my children and barely knew my husband (we had just met).
Old 02-18-2008, 05:06 PM

I can so relate. I lost my Dad 13 months ago when he was only 57. my two daughters were the lights of his life. They (especially the 4 yo miss him so much. It is hard enough worrying about yourself, but watching a 4 yo cry that she misses papaw will rip your heart out. My mom now lives with us & she is very depressed. She seemed better the end of last year, but once the anniversary got close, she started spiraling down again. I've told my husband I am greiving for so many things, not just missing my Daddy. I was a HUGE daddy's girl. But we also have to greive for our children who will now miss out on so much, & our remaining parent who will never be the same again. It is getting easier, but I still miss him so darn much. Both of our would are so fresh still. I just pray that it will get easier, 5-10 years maybe. I know it will never go away, but we'll just learn to deal with it better. A good friend of mine last her dad Saturday. I cannot stop thinking about her. She has no idea what lies ahead. But unfortunately, we all do.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:13 PM

My heart goes out to you. When I read these kinds of threads I still get a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. My dad died almost seven years ago of Lymphoma. He was 42.

He never saw me graduate, didn't walk me down the aisle, and never met his grandkids. How he would have loved bouncing them on his knee and wrestling around with them like he used to with us. I miss him so much. I sometimes can't remember how he smelled, how he laughed, how his eyes crinkled when he smiled, which I vowed I'd never forget. But mostly, I know that his memory will never fade for me completely.

to you. I pray you find some peace for your pain.
Old 02-23-2008, 05:04 AM

On Monday it will be two since my dad died. This month is really hard on me. He died 4 days after my dd2 was born so celebrating her birthday is so bittersweet. It hurts so much for me to think about her never knowing him at all.
Old 02-23-2008, 04:53 PM

My thoughts are with you

Kara, Chad, dd L(5) and ds E(3) and expecting baby E on Valetine's Day grouphug.gif~We are a home-birthing, baby-wearing, home-made, co-sleeping, no-vax, crafting(both of items and of magick!), green living and loving family in Southern NH

User Tag List