Lost my uncle to lung cancer - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-05-2008, 12:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my poor grandparents have to bury their youngest son. He was in his early 40's. They found a tumor just a week or so ago after he went into the hospital with pnemonia. Then he started bleeding and they couldn't get it under control. As of yesterday they DID get it under control, he came off the breathing tube and seemed to be doing really well. Well, early this morning he started bleeding again uncontrollably and died.

I hate cigarettes, hate smoking, ughughgughg it just makes me so mad that he had to die so young. Please if you know anyone that smokes, help them quit. It could save their life I'm just feeeling so down rightnow. I hate when people die, i have so much trouble just comprehending that he's literally NOT here on this earth anymore....i guess i just don't know what i believe about what happens to you once you die, and because i don't know what to believe, i don't feel like i can ever "heal" when i'm told news like this

sorry if this makes no sense and thanks for just letting me vent.

also, it's hard to take care of my baby today i feel like i'm not being a fun mommy to him.

me, dh and 2 boys = our family (oh and a cat...who is also a male...lol)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2008, 01:18 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss

It's okay to not be a fun mommy right now. There are times when scaling back and doing just the bare basics is acceptable. This is one of those times.

Sending your strength and peace

addicted, homeschooling, freelancing mama to DS 8. Pet mama to Harvey the Wonder Mutt :, Pnut: and Autumn : Oh, yeah, and
Old 03-05-2008, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigama View Post
I'm so sorry for your loss

It's okay to not be a fun mommy right now. There are times when scaling back and doing just the bare basics is acceptable. This is one of those times.

Sending your strength and peace
Thank you, it means so much to me to hear My dh is hopefully going to leave work early today...it can be really hard to grieve and take care of a baby!

Old 03-05-2008, 02:59 PM

I couldn't read this and not post. Losing a loved one always hurts - especially when it seems to be a largely unnecessary and preventable death.
Old 03-05-2008, 04:48 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellop View Post
I couldn't read this and not post. Losing a loved one always hurts - especially when it seems to be a largely unnecessary and preventable death.
Thanks! Yes, it certainly is hard when you go back in your mind and keep thinking "what if"...."what if he had quit smoking sooner...." sigh

User Tag List