Loss of baby.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
A mom in my mommy and me class lost her son. He was sick since the fall and passed away Easter weekend....

Are there any suggestions for what we as a group can do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 03-26-2008, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i think the most important thing to do is to not ignore it. it is so hard to know what to do, and we tend to let time pass....too much time.

bring her a meal and sit if she wants to talk....leave if she doesn't. call or drop by when you can. if she has other dc, offer to take them for a playdate. or maybe offer to clean up a bit.

and talk about him if it appears she wants that.

i'm sorry for the loss.....losing a child is heartbreaking

proverbs 29:7 the righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.

#3 of 4 Old 03-27-2008, 02:03 AM

You might visit the Postpartum and Birth Loss forums and ask the mamas what they would recommend. If you know her well enough, go and clean her house, do some laundry, and if you can bring a few meals, as the PP said, that's awesome. I read somewhere on MDC about a mama who organized a food tree, kind of like a phone tree, where a group of families got together and made meals for the grieving family for a couple of months, I think. That's incredibly helpful when it is all you can do to eat even a little. Often cooking can just be too much to face. Then people don't eat enough and have even fewer resources to deal with their loss. Definitely make contact. mama.
#4 of 4 Old 03-28-2008, 09:38 AM

Write his birthday and the anniversary of the day he passed in your diary- and remember them. A card, a phone call, something small, not for the day itself but a few days before.

I'm so sorry.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page