Sometimes I feel that I need some new ideas for encouraging play in my 3-year old!
ex-Californian, making my way on the East Coast with DS (10), DS (6) and WAHDH. Former extended BF'er, co-sleeper, and baby-wearer. Remembering how to garden.
mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11
The only things she really does alone for any amount of time are artsy things-- cutting paper and gluing it into collages, painting, etc.-- and "writing" on microsoft word on my laptop.
- dress up
- Mr. Potato Head
- matchbox sized cars (she lines them up in traffic jams)
- dress up
- tea parties
- did I mention dress up?
- beading necklaces using cheerios etc.
- waterplay in the bathroom sink
- writing in her Kumon workbooks (esp the tracing one)
- lacing cards (cardboard cards with holes and yarn to lace thru holes)
- going thru old magazines and cutting stuff out and taping the pictures into collages (this sounds much more clean than it is, she can't really cut well, and tape gets everywhere, but that's the fun, right?)
I'm sure I'll think of 10 more activities as soon as I post this. We have a five month old so DD has learned how to play well by herself when I'm nursing. (Not that she always wants to play by herself, but she does it well when she wants to.)
Three big girls (10) + (almost 9!);
One little boy (6) and a full on toddler (8/12) born with TAPVR (repaired at 6 days old).
Sand, dirt, water, mud... basically anything earthy that he can drive cars through.
Rocks. A big thank you to our landlord for the large rock field in the backyard - a constant supply of new and free toys!!!!
|31 members and 16,656 guests|
|a-sorta-fairytale , alleycatsunflwr , Anne41 , BirthFree , blessedwithboys , Deborah , Dovenoir , emmy526 , Erica Sandwall , girlspn , JElaineB , katelove , lhargrave89 , lisak1234 , Lucee , moominmamma , MountainMamaGC , MylittleTiger , NaturallyKait , Nazsmum , philomom , RollerCoasterMama , shantimama , Skippy918 , Springshowers , sren , transylvania_mom , zebra15|
|Most users ever online was 449,755, 06-25-2014 at 12:21 PM.|