Mothering Forum banner

Cool Wooden Block sets?

628 views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  Bleu 
#1 ·
Anyone know of any cool wooden block sets out there? I searched Amazon and couldnt find any that seemed to have enough, or were the right size. We are looking for the chunkier ones in the basic shapes of rectangle, triangle, also including arches if possible. When I was a kid these types were everywhere. Anyway any cool block sets any of you ladies know about would be awesome. Thanks.

#4 ·
We got some a few years ago. They're big, heavy unit blocks. They came with a personalized storage bag. I thought we got them from Lilly's Kids, but I searched just now and nothing came up. I really like them, but they are heavy and when the tower crashes, watch out!

These aren't exactly what you're looking for, but they're way cool and I totally want them! http://www.thevillageblocksmith.com/...ing_blocks.htm

#5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jeaninevp922 View Post
We got some a few years ago. They're big, heavy unit blocks. They came with a personalized storage bag. I thought we got them from Lilly's Kids, but I searched just now and nothing came up. I really like them, but they are heavy and when the tower crashes, watch out!
Our library has heavy wooden blocks like the Plan Toy ones. The older kids will build a tower and I'm always afraid it's going to come crashing down on a toddler. But the older kids really love them and the library is carpeted so that keeps down the noise level.

#10 ·
I bought the Super Set from Green Mountain about nine years ago. These blocks have seen SO much use over the years. Granted they cost less then, but such a great investment. I am glad I bought the giant set - plenty of blocks for big castles, long roads, animal fencing, not to mention tall, tall structures. And I was glad to support a family-run business.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.