New Year 2009 for Nov05 !!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 133 Old 01-16-2009, 09:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well, ladies, I'm writing you from the hospital, which is a story for another day, but may I introduce to you Fox Peace, born at home on January 13, 11 lb. 3 oz. with the chest of a lion and the shoulders of an ox. It was a shoulder dystocia that the midwife should get a medal for, and that the mama thanks the amazing design of the human female body for making possible!

And if I might ask a favor, when you look at his picture, please think of two healthy, pink, clear lungs keeping that big ole boy in oxygen. Thanks.
#62 of 133 Old 01-16-2009, 11:12 PM

OMG, Teresa, he is *beautiful*. Seriously. Well done and congratulations!!

Helen, I think I was pretty bilateral. It was a video, so everything you do on one side, you do on the other.

Ever-evolving mama to my beautiful Brynn, and my little dimple-face Noah .
#63 of 133 Old 01-16-2009, 11:58 PM

welcome earthside baby fox peace!: gentle and beautiful baby moon to you all.
11lbs! you are amazing! i know how it feels to birth a 10.5 lb babe with shoulder dystocia..its not easy! in fact its pretty much the most intense thing in my whole life of yet! i hope that everything is going well.. im thinking of you both and sending lots of mama healing energy to you and strong healthy lung energy to Fox keep in touch. we are all thinking of you!

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#64 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 12:00 AM

Welcome, Fox Peace!!!!!

He is beautiful, Teresa, and I am holding the image of him with two clear, healthy lungs, in my heart He is Beautiful!!!!!! :::
Well done, Mama

My heart is officially warmed for the weekend...
#65 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 12:05 AM

Congratulations! He is absolutely beautiful, and I hope all are well enough to leave the hospital soon.

In other news, DS and I are about to start making a doll together. I made DD one for Christmas, and he asked for one. He has picked out her hair from my yarn stash, and I am ordering the fabric tonight. : I am really looking forward to this project as a way to reconnect. He and I have had some tough times lately.

Happy wife to DH superhero.gifand mama to DS signcirc1.gif11/05 and DD energy.gif8/07.
#66 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 10:32 AM

Theresa, he is beautiful and absolutely wonderful. I'm so glad that the midwife was there, that the hospital is there to help you now, and we're sending him vibes : Have a small one next time though, huh?

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#67 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 11:13 AM

: Fox Peace :
Theresa, I love his name, and looking at his beautiful, peaceful face it seems so perfect for him! Now you are doubly blessed, two beautiful boys.
Hope you are all home soon.

Sharon FF/Medic DH 3 DD's 2/98, 4/01, 11/05
~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
#68 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 11:24 AM

Congratulations Theresa, but my goodness! 11 lbs! I am so glad I won't be having a baby that big. Health and healing to you both.
#69 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post
Well, ladies, I'm writing you from the hospital, which is a story for another day, but may I introduce to you Fox Peace, born at home on January 13, 11 lb. 3 oz. with the chest of a lion and the shoulders of an ox. It was a shoulder dystocia that the midwife should get a medal for, and that the mama thanks the amazing design of the human female body for making possible!

And if I might ask a favor, when you look at his picture, please think of two healthy, pink, clear lungs keeping that big ole boy in oxygen. Thanks.
Woo hoo! Congrats, mama! You are awesome!! : What great news to read this morning! What a huge, gorgeous, beautiful boy.

How are you feeling, Teresa? I hope you are all comfortable and cuddling in your own home very soon!
#70 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Teresa, congrats on your beautiful boy and imagining him breathing easily and home again soon! All of my love to your whole family ::

Seeking Joy, enjoy your doll project together!

"Guess what? It's a magical world. And when I sing, my songs are in it."
Madly in love with my 7 and 4 year old daughters

#71 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 05:43 PM

He is gorgeous! Congrats!

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#72 of 133 Old 01-17-2009, 09:12 PM

What a lovely big squishy baby!!! Congratulations, Teresa! I hope you guys are home soon.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#73 of 133 Old 01-18-2009, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

I found my first ever grey hair today. And then had the brilliant idea that I should celebrate by giving Neela her first haircut (that and the split ends were making some fight-inducing tangles every morning). Her cut is a very minor trim that won't be noticeable to anyone but me, but it seemed like a fitting way of making today eventful and memorable for both of us

#74 of 133 Old 01-18-2009, 04:00 PM

Teresa--Congratulations!!! What a cutie!!! Hope you guys are home soon!!!! Thinking of you all . . . .
#75 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 04:00 PM - Thread Starter

I was thinking about Teresa's new baby and feeling sentimental, and found this thread browsing the Nov 05 archives. It's interesting what we imagined then and what our realities are now...

#76 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 05:18 PM

Heh. Yep. Skye's birth truly freaked me out and I'm still planning my family from a position of fear.
Mel, you wait. My dad was jetblack when I was born- found his first grey hair when my mum was pregnant, and by my second birthday he was stark white. It's an omen, I'm telling you, bubba's going to be a handful.

Helen mum to five and mistress of mess and mayhem, making merry and mischief til the sun goes down.
#77 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 06:32 PM

Mel, that was so fun! I wasn't expecting to see a reply from myself there because it was so soon after Brynn's birth, but of course I wasn't surprised by what I wrote!! It's interesting to see who has had more children (but didn't think they would) and those who haven't (but did plan to).

I've still got ~3 months to go, but I am getting *so* excited to meet this baby!

#78 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 06:37 PM

Did you guys see what I wrote? I said it would be difficult for us to wait a year after Winter's birth to TTC again. He was 4 1/2 months old when Suriya was conceived.
#79 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 06:41 PM

so much for my in 5 years prediction..

and in other news.. i got my first pp moon today i was hoping it would stay gone for longer.. *sigh*

Quote:
Once in while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right....

#80 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaFern View Post
i got my first pp moon today i was hoping it would stay gone for longer.. *sigh*
Ohhh, Fern, watch out! Banyan is getting impatient!!

#81 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 07:36 PM

I wonder why I didn't reply to that thread? Probably too much in the throes of PPD and not wanting to even think about birth.

Well, I'm over it now. And I'm even oddly grateful that things turned out as they did - so completely opposite what I'd expected for myself - and I learned a lot about the universe, children, and myself in the process. I expect I needed the lessons.

We're home now, and glad to be here. The weather is pretty much exactly what we left in Whitehorse - warm and sunny - but 2000 km further south so much much more sun and I'm not complaining! I wish I could go for a run but we all came down with colds and my wind is completely gone - I'm huffing after walking up the stairs. And coughing. Yesterday on the plane my head felt like it was going to explode while we were descending, but it's more or less ok now. Congested, but bearable. Ah well, it'll pass soon enough.

Fern - bummer about the flow.

I have loads of grey hairs. I like 'em. They started looooong before I had a child though - prematuring greying runs in both sides of my family. I felt much better when I gave up the hair dye though.

Postpartum doula & certified breastfeeding educator, mama to an amazing girl (11/05) and a wee little boy (3/13).

#82 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Fern, you jammy, jammy git. Despite breastfeeding more or less constantly for the last year, AF showed up for me at 6 months, hence all the contraceptive stresses.

Spughy, get well soon

Anyone know anything about this?
<<--------

#83 of 133 Old 01-19-2009, 09:05 PM

Yeah, as ya'll are probably sick of hearing about by now, I'm still in mourning for not having all the children I thought I would. Its tempered, though, by the knowledge that my family is perfect the way it is and the fact that I'm enjoying moving on to the next step of having school-age kids and working part-time again.

I'm kind of struggling at the moment. Its just a stressful time of year right now: its always our slow time in our business and I need to get the tax-stuff ready for the accountant (which always stresses me out a lot) and I just don't do as well with so much less sunlight and time outside. But, I've already spoken to my doctor and we've changed my meds a bit, so hopefully everything will even out soon.

Mama to DS (05/04) and DD (11/05), married to a wonderful DH.
#84 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Fern, you jammy, jammy git. Despite breastfeeding more or less constantly for the last year, AF showed up for me at 6 months, hence all the contraceptive stresses.

Spughy, get well soon

Anyone know anything about this?
<<--------
I immediately thought of this where you are helping her with the Daisy cardi. Seems to fit, since we all rely on you! (It was not me, though) :

Sharon FF/Medic DH 3 DD's 2/98, 4/01, 11/05
~*The days are long, but the years are short.*~
#85 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 05:29 AM

Sharon, if it wasn't you I know who it was. Or at least, I have two suspects...

Jen

#86 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapjack View Post
Mel, you wait. My dad was jetblack when I was born- found his first grey hair when my mum was pregnant, and by my second birthday he was stark white. It's an omen, I'm telling you, bubba's going to be a handful.
Oh, if the baby grows up to be as wonderful as you I'll be happy Not that I know much about how much you slept or cried as a newborn

Neela wants to talk about my parents suddenly. A lot. I've briefly talked about them with her, and we look at photos. But yesterday she suddenly realized that she had never met my parents and wanted to know what happened. I tried to be matter of fact about their deaths, and not freak her out about the prospect of both parents dying. It probably doesn't help that we've been reading a string of books with parents that die, so somehow she's connecting it all right now. It's tempting to make promises that we won't die, but I can't bring myself to do it. I have told her that it's unlikely, and that most kid's parents don't die while they're young.

#87 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 04:35 PM

Oh, that's hard, Mel Shockingly, I was an absolute angel as a baby, apparently : That's what everyone tells me anyhow. I didn't even colour on the pristine white wallpaper, let alone cry or not sleep...

#88 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 08:02 PM

Mel, I know it's hard. Rowan asks about my dad a lot - "Why did Grandpa Clay die? Do you miss Grandpa Clay, mummy?" and I try to tell her the truth as much as I can... she hasn't yet connected MY dad dying with HER dad possibly dying yet though. Frankly I try to avoid "parents dying" stories just because I'm not ready to deal with that yet! I know, I know, sooner or later...

Does anyone have any recommendations for audiobooks or music CDs to listen to while going to sleep? I got a couple out of the library and one is kind of geared towards older kids - it's a bit intense, I like the stories but there is a lot of conflict and anguish in them and they're just not really suited for a 3-year-old sleepyhead. She loved "Monkey Puzzle" but it made her giggle and get hyper... I need to find something she'll like, but that won't be too stimulating. Anyone?

#89 of 133 Old 01-20-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoneyTree View Post

HoneyTree, he is beautiful
And how are the two of you doing now a few days later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Amy* View Post
Mel, that was so fun! I wasn't expecting to see a reply from myself there because it was so soon after Brynn's birth, but of course I wasn't surprised by what I wrote!! It's interesting to see who has had more children (but didn't think they would) and those who haven't (but did plan to).
I did at your response

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen of Cups View Post
Yeah, as ya'll are probably sick of hearing about by now, I'm still in mourning for not having all the children I thought I would. Its tempered, though, by the knowledge that my family is perfect the way it is
I am in much the same spot right now.
I hope the meds start kicking in quickly for you!

Mommy to a wonderfully passionate little one
#90 of 133 Old 01-22-2009, 12:01 AM

Mamas, thank you so much for all the love and good thoughts. We still need them. Fox is still breathing on the ventilator and with 50% oxygen assistance, and he's on a blasted narcotic sedative to keep him from using his super-baby strength to pull the tubes out. Plus he's on a steroid to keep his blood pressure up so that his body doesn't try to revert to fetal circulation. It's awful. I am hoping, praying, and trusting the powers of breast milk and attachment parenting to undo what 8+ days of baby-Gatorade feedings, physical discomfort, broken trust, and drugs are doing to my child.

But my milk came in good and strong, and when he's ready for real food, he has a freezer full of it (until he's ready for the boob, that is). And we had probably my first normal-feeling mama-baby moment this morning. He was good and awake since it had been about 24 hours since his last dose of the sedative (the non-narcotic one that they're slowly weaning him from), so I stood over his little high-tech bed craning my neck to be able to meet his eyes, and for 45 minutes we looked at each other while he politely listened to my babbling.

My life is utterly simple at the moment. Woody spends the morning playing with friends while Joshua and I go to the hospital together. At midday, we all come back home to eat lunch and take a rest. In the afternoon, I go up to the hospital by myself to visit. I go home for dinner. After dinner, Joshua goes up to the hospital to visit and I do Woody's teeth/bath/books/bed. Rinse. Repeat. It's not much, but having this space and time to do what we need to do feels like such a blessing.

And here's another picture, one when he had just opened his eyes after being "asleep" for about three days.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page