Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
subbing:

Mom to Iris and Henry
#3 of 71 Old 01-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sitting here in front of the fire. It's a "frigid" : (according to the news channel) 49 degrees outside. Funny, I was out in the pasture this morning in a tank top and wishing my jeans were shorts. It was probably almost 80. Then, around noon, all of sudden (literally) a cold north breeze started up and it just kept dropping. So, I don't get to give the hat/scarf smiley, but eh....here I am!

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#4 of 71 Old 01-05-2009, 01:49 PM - Thread Starter

Hehe, that's Texas for ya. My granny was telling me how the "northern" blew in and how cold it was yesterday. It was in the 60's!
#5 of 71 Old 01-06-2009, 12:20 AM

Well, Eli has been even better today, but then threw up again tonight. Fruit snacks. I should have listened to that little voice that said "NO" about the fruit snacks. On the other hand I just get so happy to see him eating again, I thought, well... it has been 36 hours since he last puked... so, if fruit snacks sound good to him, then maybe he'll do okay...

Ugh. I am taking him to the doctor in the morning. It was supposed to be his first day back to preschool since Christmas break.

But I have to make sure what's going on with him, because -- now Isaac is puking also! Assuming they have the same thing, I need to know if it is something that anything can be done about. I haven't taken Eli before now because I thought it would just run its course... I have been watching for all the signs of dehydration, etc... But I just want to go talk to the doctor now. It has just been really drawn out and weird.
#6 of 71 Old 01-06-2009, 01:41 AM - Thread Starter

Oh man! My little one has a slight temp. C had it a few days ago and has had the runs all week. Tis' the season I guess.
#7 of 71 Old 01-06-2009, 12:04 PM

poor sick babies.

Iris was seek the week before and the week after her birthday. She had a cold, a sore throat, and she ran a fever for several days. It was awful. She was sick at her birthday and it was pitiful.

I rarely have success posting pics. but i thought I'd try.

Xmas morning-she is still pretty sick in this one

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...r%2009/001.jpg

new years eve day

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...r%2009/071.jpg

new years eve night

http://i136.photobucket.com/albums/q...r%2009/076.jpg

Mom to Iris and Henry
#8 of 71 Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Nannymom, cute pictures! It has been so long since I have successfully put some on here. I get so frustrated when I take the time to do it, and something doesn't work out right.

I actually have a quiet moment right now... Poor Isaac is asleep on the couch, and dh and his mom took the older two bowling. Not sure that I want ANY of them exposed to bowling alley germs right now , but... I also cannot keep them in a bubble. Poor Eli will probably just be happy to be out of the house!

Neither of them has thrown up today so far... I wish this stuff would just go away and stay away! Ugh.

So, with my quiet moment, I will go try to figure out the picture thing. If I don't return, then either A) someone puked, B) I cannot figure out my new computer, or C) all of the above.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v460/wja/100_3223.jpg

My dh does not take a good picture. Ever.
#9 of 71 Old 01-06-2009, 07:56 PM

your family is lovely

Mom to Iris and Henry
#10 of 71 Old 01-08-2009, 01:28 PM

Well, thanks, that was the best we could do this year for a family picture. The whole idea of having them professionally done anymore, seems like a joke. So many ducks have to be in a row for that to happen, it's not even worth the headache!

So, the update here is, that my oldest and my husband are now sick. They both had their first puke last night, within 10 minutes of each other. They are the last two in our family, and then hopefully we are done with this! Aaaaarrrrgggghhhhh.
#11 of 71 Old 01-08-2009, 01:36 PM

it's so awful when everyone is sick

Mom to Iris and Henry
#12 of 71 Old 01-08-2009, 02:58 PM - Thread Starter

Man! I haven't seen the kids in so long. I can't believe how HUGE Iris and Eli are!

I'll try to post a pic of C in a little while. He's so big too.... wow. They're 4 year olds!
#13 of 71 Old 01-09-2009, 02:44 AM

Hello ladies! I haven't been around for awhile, but I thought I'd check in and wish everyone a Happy New Year. I'm finding it difficult to carve out much time for myself these days, Z is becoming more mobile and Sadie is just too much sometimes. Mostly by the end of the day when I get some time I just end up vegging out in front of a movie or something. Anyway, both kids are doing well. We are in the process of buying a house, so we are gearing up for a big move soon. I can't wait for Sadie to have her own space. She has already decided her room should be pink. I'll try to post some pictures of the family later.

Sorry to hear about all the sick kiddos. We've managed to escape any real ugly stuff around here, we've had our fair share of snot, but that's about it.

Take care everyone!
#14 of 71 Old 01-09-2009, 03:18 AM

Sadiesmom, it's good to hear from you! It WILL get easier... I promise!

Honestly, there are a million other things I should be doing besides taking the time for MDC... But it is kind of an addiction for me, and I think I just need the adult interaction ~ plus I learn new things on here every day. IRL I don't do much, besides take care of my family. I guess this is "my" time.

Good luck with the big move! Hope all goes well. And yes, a picture of you guys would be great -- I don't know if we've seen the new babe? I am sure he is gorgeous, you all are!
#15 of 71 Old 01-12-2009, 06:48 PM

Ok, this is starting to feel more like my diary.

My baby turned TWO on the 8th... Three out of the five of us were sick, including him... So we basically did nothing special for his birthday. Of course he doesn't know the difference, but... It's bad enough having two kids with birthdays so close to Christmas, we already don't have parties... So to just plain not be able to do anything special at all, well, I just think that sucks.

The good news is that we are all about "normal" now... Whatever that is!

I have been spending a lot of time on the frugality and finances board, really trying to shift things around in our life and get a hold on our finances. It's about time to grow up and be more responsible with the money -- actually have some "goals" -- yk? I am going to be 30 this year. That just doesn't seem possible... I don't mind the number, but time has just gone by sooooo fast. Each day that the kids get older, it seems to get a *little* bit easier, and I am able to find more time to think about things, organize, etc.

So, what's going on with anyone else? Anyone?
#16 of 71 Old 01-12-2009, 07:03 PM

Jenelle-i'm going to be 30 this year as well. It's bothering me a lot. I don't ever think of 30 as old for other people but it is making me feel real real old.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#17 of 71 Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 AM

I got 10 years on you guys.
#18 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 03:49 AM

Having my own little celebration here... Had to make my 1000th post on THIS thread, since you guys are the reason I am here! If it wasn't for checking in with this DDC all the time, there's no way I'd have hung around here for 5 years, and no way I'd have done 1000 posts.

:
#19 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 01:21 PM

Good for you Jenelle !!!

Mom to Iris and Henry
#20 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 01:35 PM - Thread Starter

Do you guys do facebook? That would make it so much easier to keep up.

Jenelle, I can't believe you NOW have 1000.
#21 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 04:24 PM

Nope, I haven't gotten into facebook, myspace, flickr, any of those sites... I check my email and I come here... I have been frequenting hotcouponworld (exciting, I know), trying to get the best deals on anything I possibly can. Honestly the idea of the social networking sites is kind of overwhelming to me right now. I can't even keep up on my digital camera, getting prints made, etc.

Oh yeah, we have the same join dates but you've got like 7,000+ posts. That is funny.
#22 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 05:44 PM

I'm on facebook my name is Emily Miceli -if any one wants to add me... I think i'm the only one

Mom to Iris and Henry
#23 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 09:39 PM

My best friend is in labor with her first baby!!!! I get to go to the birth I am so xcited I can hardley stand it. I don't know how to contain myself until I get the call that i can leave the house....:::

Mom to Iris and Henry
#24 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 10:16 PM

nannymom, congrats to your friend! Iris has such beautiful eyes. I love her little pixie hair. What a cutie. I'll add you on Facebook! I am friends with KoalaMommy on there. I'll tell her she should friend you too.

Janelle, how about now? Is everyone well now?

GUESS WHAT! I'm pregnant! We have been trying ever since we got married in October, but I was stupidly miscalculating my O date. Once I figured that out, I got pregnant right away this month! I'm due in September if all goes well. I feel so nervous that the baby won't grow! Just trying to hang in there for another couple of months so I can feel it move. :

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#25 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 10:26 PM

Heh, I got 5 results for Emily Miceli! If you search Paslay-Anglade you will find me. I'm definitely the only one.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#26 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
Janelle, how about now? Is everyone well now?
Yes, FINALLY, and knock on wood! Thanks for asking.

Congratulations on the baby!!! : Hope everything goes great... Keep in touch!
#27 of 71 Old 01-15-2009, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannymom View Post
My best friend is in labor with her first baby!!!! I get to go to the birth I am so xcited I can hardley stand it. I don't know how to contain myself until I get the call that i can leave the house....:::
That is so special. I haven't been to the birth of anyone's babies but my own. You guys must be really close. Have... fun???
#28 of 71 Old 01-16-2009, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Congrats!!!!
#29 of 71 Old 01-19-2009, 08:27 PM

Well my friend was in labor for 65 hours and ended up with an emergency c-section b/c the baby was in the military posterior position. She tried so hard but the important thing is both mom and baby are fine and enjoying snuggly nursing:

Mom to Iris and Henry
#30 of 71 Old 01-22-2009, 04:42 PM

so...i've talked here a little about the up set in my marriage 2 years ago and the fact that dh and i have been living a part ever since. Well, we have been trying for about a year to work it all out so we can live together again. with the bad economy it's been extra hard.

Today he had an interview for a good job in Greensboro, NC (which is where we lived before we moved to Asheville) he has a 2d interview tommarow. I really am begging the universe to give us this. If anyone has any vibes, prayer, whatever to spare could you please send it my way?

Mom to Iris and Henry

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page