Leap Pad: trouble shooting the battery compartment - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-07-2009, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm guessing this is a bit of a long shot. But for those Moms familiar with Leap Pads:

We have a 1 or 2 year old Leap Pad that was used initially for a short period of time and then slid to the bottom of the toy box.

I would like to put it back into circulation and we changed the batteries but it still won't work. There are no signs of corrosion in the battery compartment and the piece that looks like a plug, but apparently is permanently plugged in, shows no signs of dislodging.

However, I do notice a piece between the batteries and the "plug" that resembles a ball and socket (like an elbow joint). There is some fine print that says for future reference you should note how this is positioned. And there is an illustration that suggests the open end (for lack of a better term) should face to the right, but I can't seem to maneuver it into that position and have it stay.

There is a faint sign of minor "crimping" in the wire between the socket and the plug but it does't look bad enough to cause a problem.

If this any of this rings a bell and you have any suggestions on how to fix it I'd be interested in hearing from you.
~Cath

User Tag List