whispers - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 04-15-2002, 06:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my 4yo ds started whispering to himself, and when I listen carefully, I notice he is repeating what I say . . . should I worry?
#2 of 8 Old 04-15-2002, 06:34 PM

I doubt it.It's probably just a learning thing.I'm wondering though about having him checked out for that disorder that the women told you about in the other thread,what did you think of that?
#3 of 8 Old 04-15-2002, 07:00 PM - Thread Starter

My dh and I were just talking about ds - we were amazed how he has changed in a short time! I have my loving little boy back. I have been more relaxed and thoroughly alowing myself to enjoy him and have shown him a lot of attention - and practically overnight "He's baaaaack!" He's been under a lot of pressure. We know a lot of people and we have no car - so we are out in public a lot - so we don't get far before we stop and talk to someone - and I think ds, who IS a PK, is jealous and resentful. I think I really haven't had much time for him - so he does whatever he knows (and he is very bright) to do to get back at me. This morning, rather than wake up and rush to try to get to daycare on time, we all cuddled in bed and told stories, and laugh and all day my cuddleupagous kid has been back - maybe because mami's come back. OMG it is sooo good to feel this way again.
#4 of 8 Old 04-15-2002, 07:50 PM

You have warmed my heart!!!! This is so wonderful!! You sound so happy and content,I'm really glad for you!!
#5 of 8 Old 04-15-2002, 07:54 PM

That's great about your son!
#6 of 8 Old 04-16-2002, 05:59 AM

revmami - are we related??!! My daughter constantly repeats what we say under her breath. I never thought to worry about it, just assumed she was learning, practising phrases, her being bi lingual I expect her to pay extra attention to language (yours is too, if I remember rightly?)
that's wonderful, that you are both "baaack!" I know that feeling too. When we both stop resenting each other and give time freely, all the stressful behaviours stop, both hers and mine!!
#7 of 8 Old 04-16-2002, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

I am also so happy. For a while there, when things were at there worst, I didn't know if there was really going to be hope and wondered if I had ruined things permanently. That is when I tried "the boards". I was even afraid to just jump right in with my problems because I wanted to feel a bit more at home before I started dumping stuff . . . so I waited a bit . . . so actually you got to "know" us at one of the worst moments in our lives - and that would be your first impression, which kinda scared me, but I didn't have the emotional energy to clarify any more than I did - which was also not ideal, because you didn't get the full picture. I would love to start a thread about my son, and how brilliant, and loving and beautiful he is - normally - but I'm sure you would all just get sooo jealous - seeing that MY SON is THE MOST WONDERFUL in the WORLD!!

One time I said that to a group of new mothers and one woman actually agreed with me! I immediately told her that she was wrong! I told her that to HER, HER child/children should be THE MOST . . . and that to me, in motherhood, it is possible to have billions of THE MOST WONDERFULS in the world. Families are all paralell universums.

Sarenka - I really did suspect that it had to do with the language part of the brain being over stimulated by learning both languages. In which forum is such a thing - dealing with dual language child development?
#8 of 8 Old 04-16-2002, 11:07 AM

don't know where to start a thread about bi lingual kids, I don't know my way around too much yet and it's so expensive to be online that i tend not to wander around much! Nut I suppose talk amongst ourselves is the place for things you're not sure where to put.... I'm not sure i have much to say on the subject but I expect i'll jump in if you start one.....
and don't worry about opening up so fast, it's all warmly received.....

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page