s/o--cloth night time pull up? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 03-09-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My almost-4 y/o wakes up dry the majority of the time, but when he doesn't, it'll go through the pull up. I'd love to try the cloth night time pullups I've seen at One Step Ahead, but I wonder how absorbent they are. Are they about the same, or a lot less? I suppose if I'm changing clothes/sheets anyway...

I hate paying the $$, plus of course the environmental cost for pull ups, esp when 90% of the time they're dry!
#2 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 01:55 AM

I just ordered 3 of the Imse Vimse training pants for my 5 year old, who is still not completely night trained. I'll let you know how they work once I get them!
#3 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 11:27 AM

I'll be watching this thread. I'm in the same boat.

I had this thought a while back and ordered some Starbunz Superundies and Happy Heiny's trainers to try. The Starbunz I ordered were too small so I sent them back. I didn't reorder because I thought the snaps on them were oddly placed and would not be comfortable in certain sleeping positions when the child was sleeping directly on them (big huge snaps).

The Happy Heinys pocket trainers are HUGE. They make her look like baby Huey. She didn't mind them, but I felt assinine putting her in them. We still have it, and use it from time to time, but it just looks ridiculous to me.

I really would like something that pulls on without snaps. I don't anticipate having to change a poop accident at all, which I think is why they have them (as I've heard not having tear away or snaps on the sides and dealing with poo is difficult).

XOXO
B

mama to Milena Anjali (4/26/06) and Vincent Asher (4/13/09) ~ married to the love of my life since 2002.
#4 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 11:38 AM

Imsey Vimsey trainers are nice and trim but they need to be changed immediately or they'll leak, that was our experience. LOVED them for day time because they fit so well under clothes but I couldn't use them for night.

For night we used Mother Ease diapers (mother-ease.com). I used the Large Sandy's diaper, which pulls on and off, but has snaps. Their Air Flow snap covers are made the same way and come in cute prints. I've also used the cheaper Tiny Tush brand pull on covers, which are just plain white but so much cheaper than the Air Flows. (Tinytush.com) The Sandy's are not trim like the Imsey Vimseys, but better than Happy Heiny's pocket trainers in my experience. They are very absorbent and I was very satisfied, because I needed that absorbency. And DS never seemed to mind. Mother-ease also makes different diapers, trainers, and bed wetter pants but I haven't tried them.

Single mom of 2 boys
#5 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 03:56 PM

Both my boys are bedwetters (at 3 and 6, and were both daytime potty trained before 2).
We use all of these diapers:
-fuzzi bunz (larges still fit my 3yo at 35 lbs.)
-Happy Heinys (large for the 3yo, XL for the 6yo)
-Snap-Ez "Nap-ez" trainers (for the 3yo, although they come up to size 10-- they're just pricy)
-prefolds and Bummis covers (for the 6yo-- far cheaper than any other option for a 50 lb. kid)
-Happy Heinys trainer (for the 6yo)
I'm planning to buy a couple pairs of Drymid boxers for my 6yo now that he's starting to have sleepovers and such.
We almost never have leaks. The HH trainer is great with the insert it comes with. For my 3 yr. old I stuff his pockets with 2 microfiber automotive towels (super cheap). For my 6yo I put 1 prefold and 1 microfiber towel together in the HH diaper or the Bummis cover. The great thing about pockets is that you can put however much absorbent stuff you need.
You can also put a wool soaker over a diaper if you have leaks, but I haven't had to do this with any of the diapers we use now.
#6 of 6 Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, lots of good suggestions! I thought about just sewing a washcloth into his underpants. It'd be a lot cheaper.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page