Movie theater party for 6th b-day, what movie? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 04-10-2009, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Our 5 year old will be turning 6 and wants a movie theater party at home, inviting only girls. We think a 30 min. movie should be long enough, any suggestion on what movie/show? Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2009, 03:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
30 minutes is more a TV show leangth of time than a Movie amount of time. Since you want something shorter than a full feature length film, I would look for a "featurette." Modern featurettes are harder to come by than older ones (before TV they were common.)

The one that pops into my mind as being fairly universally acceptable for 5-6 yo is "A Day For Eeyore." It can be found as a bonus feature on the "Friendship edition" of The Many Adventures Of Winnei-the-Pooh. It seems more like 45 minutes or an hour than 30 minutes, but I haven't timed it. (BTW, TMAofWTP was originally 3 seperate featurette that were latter combined into a full leangth feature film.)

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
Old 04-10-2009, 10:01 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
yeah 30 mins is not really a 'movie'. and i agree you might have to do a featurette. which kinda limits your choice.

what is your 5 year old and friends into? i think that will be key.

if you suggested winnie the pooh to my dd she would roll her eyes at you.

is your child big on humor? right now my 6 year old is LOVING charlie chaplin. she is obsessed with him and searches youtube for clippings from his movies. so i have been introducing the early comedies.

now if you had said an hour or hour and a half - i can make lots of suggestions. but i dont know much about featurettes or short films.

treehugger.gif Co-parent, joy.gifcold.gifbrand new homeschooling middle schoolerjoy.gif, and an attackcat.gif 

User Tag List