Pajamas? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I feel like in the summer kids can wear daddy's t-shirts at night but in the winter I find Jammies are more important because they have to stay warm. I always buy clearance and when I find a good sale (2 or 3 dollars a pair) I stock up on sizes. If my kids don't have much for a certain season I make them wear them for a few nights. It also cuts my laundry way down. They just can't eat their breakfast in their jammies if they are going to wear them more than one night.

LDS, natural birthing,, , mom to 6 super fun crazy kids!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 06:49 PM

I love cute PJs! I can never find them used so I buy on clearance. My mom lives near a Carter's outlet and they have great sales.

Since the grandparents went crazy this Easter and sent way too much toys, candy, and junk I've decided I'm going to start requesting PJs for major (and minor) holidays. A cute Easter PJ set would have seen a lot more use than yet another stuffed bunny.
#33 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 09:01 PM

eBay

I got DS TONS of Hanna Anderson sleepers that were like new for around $7 each, including shipping. They retail for $38.50
I bet you could find a really good deal on jammies if you aren't too picky about the brand. I would search for 'lots' and try to get multiple pairs from the same seller and combine shipping.

Also check Children's place, GAP and Old Navy online. Look through the clearance. Search for coupon codes to get additional savings or free shipping. Many times you will get free shipping if you spend $50
I have gotten EXCELLENT deals on clothes in the last year by doing this.

I HATE spending a bunch of money on jammies. Up until DS#2 was born 17 months ago, I did children's resale for a living. I bought all of DS 1's clothes for around .30 per pound and he was very well dressed. It makes me wanna throw up to spend $18 on PJ's at Old Navy or GAP
#34 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubfam View Post
It makes me wanna throw up to spend $18 on PJ's at Old Navy or GAP

Grace Comes.

#35 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Moving to Childhood Years

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows-- Seasons of Joy: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the blog for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

#36 of 42 Old 04-15-2009, 11:51 PM

DD's pjs are either hand-me-downs from when I was little (seriously), gifts or bought at Goodwill. She was between the sizes I had on hand at one point this Winter and I couldn't find any at thrift stores, so I broke down and paid 8 bucks for some at Walmart. (Ideals be damned- that's where they were cheapest.)

I have kept some pjs in each size for future children.

Homeschooling, etsy-crafting Mama to spunky DD (12-04) and wife to DH.

#37 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 03:21 AM

For my 4 year old, I buy long sleeved thin cotton pj's when I can get them for a good price. He wears them most of the year. He has excema so it's good to make it hard for him to scratch himself. For the very warm summer, he wears white t-shirts and boxers.

My oldest usually just wears a dipaer to bed. He will rarely wear pj's. Right now both boys can wear the same size so we don't have to buy any special ones for him.

Misty, mama to my nurslings William(11/4/02) and Parker(7/13/04).
#38 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 10:10 AM

We get most of ours at Old Navy. If you dig through the rack there are usually seasonal ones left over from the last holiday that are on sale for $5 or less. We have a few pairs of pjs from Hanna Andersson which are great. Ds has fit in some of those for 2 years now so the cost per wear is pretty small and they still look and feel brand new. They'll definately be passed down to siblings.
#39 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Ds wont wear anything to bed.

I've heard people have good luck at thrift stores (but I never do!) and I also see PJs pretty cheap on clearance at Children's Place - you can buy online and almost always find a coupon code to make it even cheaper.

Candacepeace.gif, Married to dh   guitar.gif, Mom to ds (8) biggrinbounce.gif , Gavin candle.gif (9/30/10 - 12/19/10) and cautiously expecting our rainbow1284.gif 4-29-12

#40 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 01:33 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
In cold weather - long johns/sweatpants. In warm weather she prefers just a t-shirt and undies. So we go with that.
#41 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KariM View Post
We generally buy used (because I also hate paying $ for sleeping attire).
Ugh. Me too. Even if it's for me.

If we don't get them for a present holiday, then I find them at the local thirft store.

My kid grows too fast and gets bored with a certain jammie to quickly for me to spen that much on something that's going in the dark for 8-10 hrs.

Center
#42 of 42 Old 04-16-2009, 05:52 PM

I buy ours at Gymboree when they go on sale for $10/pr. I usually have a 20% off coupon - $8 for quality cotton pjs seems not too bad to me.

love.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page