..:: Our May '06 babies are three! ::.. - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2009, 11:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well here we are, to talk about our three year olds. What were you doing three years ago today? I was on maternity leave, and relaxing. I had developed a routine of taking a bath every morning when the sun would shine right on my belly in the tub. I had exactly 2 weeks to go and was loving being so pregnant. What about you?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2009, 08:57 AM

Good morning May Mamas of almost 3 year olds! Let's see, 3 years ago today I was on partial bedrest, could barely more around due to my pubic symphasis, and praying to go into labor! (Not as nice & relaxing as Amy's baths in the morning sun!!)

Shahbazin, I am so sorry to hear about your MIL & all the illness that went around. I hope you are all feeling better. You all are in my thoughts & prayers.

Mamabeakley, I'm sorry your having a tough time w/the boys. When I am tired I have minimal patience too, and pregnancy is a whole different kind of tires that's for sure!

Amy, that sounds like such a tough emotional position to be in w/the weaning. Of course you are having mixed feelings - it has been such a big and special part of your lives for three years. It sounds like you are going about it in the most loving, supportive manner possible for Phoebe. I think you are doing a great job.

Did I tell you all we had our first camping trip of the season last weekend? It was so much fun. We did lots of bike riding through the forest trails. LO slept in the bunk w/her older sisters, as opposed to the pack 'n' play. She thought that was pretty great, being such a big girl & all. The weather was beautiful the whole time. This weekend, not so much. We are staying home. But we have a nice trip planned for Mother's Day weekend.

Have a nice weekend everyone. :

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Old 05-02-2009, 10:41 AM

Just wanted to stop in to say hi in the new Childhood years...sniffle sniffle...I cannot believe that my baby will be 3 on Tuesday Wow...time flies! I am going to try to at least post here again once a month....sorry for being MIA..
Old 05-02-2009, 08:22 PM

Happy Birthday to my DS2 and to Sydnee's Alayna!

It was really fun thinking through where we were 3 years ago last night and this morning.

We had a lovely birthday party this morning at a local playground. It didn't rain, it was the perfect temperature, it wasn't too sunny, family and one family of friends showed up, and all the kids played happily with little need for adult input for almost 3 hours. Ah. That was my idea of the perfect kid's birthday party. Why can't DS1's birthday be at a time of year when we could do the same? Alas, he was born in February, and around here, that means that the party options are all indoors, pretty much.

Now I am trying to restore my house to order, with no help from my kids who have no interest in order!

That's okay, though. I'm feeling laid back today for no apparent reason, so there!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Old 05-02-2009, 08:46 PM

: Happy Birthday to Mamabeakley's ds2 & Sydnee's Alayna! :

Old 05-02-2009, 11:57 PM

Well let's see, three years ago right now I was happily babymooning I remember feeling sooo excited to have another girl, I always wanted girls, and I couldn't believe I had three now!! We had a fantastic day today, we went out to the lake to get the camper opened up for the season, YAY!!! Then we went and had lunch at one of our favorite restaurants. Then at home, I spent the afternoon going through all of the girls' clothes, and getting rid of a lot of stuff for the garage sale we're having. I got teary eyed quite a few times going through the baby stuff But, I KNOW that I am done!!

Mamabeakley- I hope you're lo has a wonderful birthday! How are you feeling?

ecoteat- that sounds so neat, how you're talking with Phoebe about weaning. Alayna has been reminding me a lot lately about how she used to nurse and how yummy the milk was. Isn't it funny that she can remember that??!!

Marylizah- How are things going? I think about you often

Hevyne- Happy Birthday to your lo on Tuesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I am off to make a drink and join hubby in the hot tub. He was busy getting a garden ready for me, woohoo!!! Tomorrow we are having the inlaws and my Mom and her husband over for lunch to celelbrate Alayna's birthday!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 05-03-2009, 03:50 AM

Three years ago I was getting ready to have my first DD, the first of three LOs little did I know I had a induction scheduled for the next day and I had already been on maternity leave for 4 weeks since I was almost 2 weeks "late". Oh, how things change

Lexi turns 3 tomorrow. We're celebrating today so I better go to bed

Nina Wife to DH
Mama to DD1-4y DS-3y DD2-21m
Old 05-04-2009, 06:09 AM

Happy Birthday to Alayna, Lexi and to Mamabeakley's and Heyvne's LOs!!!

Wow, time flies.

Three years ago I was impatiently waiting for DS to arrive... Feeling pretty uncomfortable, and taking lots of long walks with DH-- watching the leaves come out on the trees and the flowers start to bloom. I'll always associate that with the end of my pregnancy....

Max, I've been meaning to ask you, how is your POP these days? Are you feeling better? Have you found some solutions?

Sydnee-- hot tub in the garden with a drink sounds like HEAVEN!!!

We're aaaaalmost unpacked-- a few more boxes to go. But there's still a ton of work to do. We are replacing the flooring in DS' room (it's this grubby, cheap, thin, stained navy-blue carpet). Some previous renters put down parquet (the easy-to-install, do-it-yourself kind) and left a few boxes-- so we're going to put that in his room and repaint the walls. They are currently mauve/lavender, and while I don't mind the color, the room is north-facing and gets very little light as it is. Between the walls and the floor it's like a cave! We want to get all the work done in the next two weeks (it's a very small room, so that should be doable) then we'll really set up his space. I'm excited! His first real room!

And our new couch should be delivered tomorrow! Yay!

Also tomorrow, we are meeting with the local Waldorf school. I'm still REALLY on the fence about Waldorf, so hopefully this meeting will help me clarify my thoughts.

Much love to all the May mamas.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:12 PM

Just wanted to pop on & say Happy Mother's Day to all my wonderful May Mama friends!! We're off on a special Mother's Day camping trip and it looks like the weather is going to cooperate - hooray! How are you all going to celebrate? I hope everyone is treated like queens! :

Mary, sounds like you are settling in nicely. I'm glad to hear things are going well. Sounds like Geo is going to have a great new room. The good thing about cave-like rooms is that they are good for sleeping! Let us know what you think of the Waldorf school. I'm interested to hear your opinion. Would that be a full-time program? Thanks for asking about my POP. It is going ok. Basically I have just learned how to manage it - what I can & can't do, being sure to get plenty of rest breaks off my feet, no lifting, etc. The pessary helps a lot. I am holding out on surgery for as long as possible, forever if I can live reasonably comfortable with it.

Hope everyone else is doing well & that you all have nice weekends.

Old 05-09-2009, 08:47 AM - Thread Starter

Yay for camping! I love hearing about your camping adventures, Max. And I was wondering about your prolapse, too. I'm glad you have it under control.

Mary, did the couch make it ok? Have you started on Geo's room? I know it's a lot of work, but it will be so nice to have that space just the way you want it.

We have a busy weekend. DH picked up the 150 strawberry plants we ordered yesterday, so we need to get the new berry patch ready and get them in the ground. We also have trees to plant, compost to spread, the big garden to rototill. I want to make bread. MIL is coming Thursday, so we need to start thinking about cleaning the house. I have to go into town to get stuff for Phoebe's birthday. I have papers to grade and a grant to write. AND I want time to myself, especially since it is Mother's Day. Realistically, though, if we run out of hours in the day, guess which thing will go first. I guess with that in mind I'll need to be creative, as in saying I'll spread the compost if there's no one around to bug me while I do it. I'm already lobbying to go to town alone, but dh would be able to get a lot more done outside without Phoebe home. We'll see how it goes!
Old 05-10-2009, 06:11 PM

Happy (official) Mother's Day everyone! I hope you all had wonderful days w/your families.

We're back from camping & had a fantasic time. We found this great private campground that is less than an hour away. We did lots of bike riding. LO loves to ride in the back of my bike. Dd(7) just learned to ride w/out training wheels. The best part was as she was first learning all the other kids ran behind her cheering her on. It was so darn sweet it brought tears to my eyes. We have our absolute best times together as a family when we are camping - no work for dh, no phones, computers, housework, or other distractions. Just us & nature.

Today dh & the kids gave me a knitting bag as a Mother's Day gift & lots of handmade cards & fresh picked flowers. He's cooking me dinner tonight, then we're all going out to our favorite ice cream place. Sigh. I'm a happy mama.

Amy, that sounds like one busy weekend! My prolapse hurts just thinking about it!!! I hope you were able to get some time to yourself in there. I love to hear about all your gardening & home projects. Your place sounds amazing.

Hugs to all. :

Old 05-11-2009, 03:12 PM

Happy belated Mother's Day!

Max, your camping adventures sound like so much fun! I'm really jealous. How nice to reconnect as a family like that. And it sounds like you had a lovely Mother's Day, too! I'm glad your prolapse situation is ok, and I hope you can avoid surgery as long as possible!

Ecoteat, strawberries, yum! I realized we have some strawberry plants growing wild in our tiny, untended garden. Any tips for a novice strawberry grower?

I got DS' room painted. It looks AWESOME. So much brighter and cleaner than that hideous shade of purple. But my weekend wasn't exactly a quiet and reposeful one! I was painting until midnight Saturday (because DH wasn't interested in participating, which surprised me a bit, but hey, the guy works hard all week, and I was excited to do it).

And speaking of DH, he's already gotten a promotion at work!!!!! He hasn't even finished his trial period! I'm so proud of him! I can't say anything in real life, because it won't be announced officially until the end of the month, but I can share with you! I'm so impressed with him.

So that's our news, I got some flowers planted in pots on the balcony this weekend, but the apartment still looks pretty messy, since all DS' furniture is spread out in the rest of the space. We have to re-do the floor and will FINALLY be able to set up his room. Meanwhile, he turns three tomorrow. Sigh. I can't believe it! Where did the time go??

Love to all.
Old 05-11-2009, 03:26 PM

3 years ago today my kiddo came home from the NICU!
Old 05-11-2009, 04:17 PM

Hope everyone had a wonderful mother's day! :
Everyone slept in on Sunday morning! We all got up and had a bowl of cereal together. My three LO's got me a nice picture frame with a picture of each of them from Easter and a card from them and my mom DH also got me a card. My Dad took me to see Star Trek : while DH stayed home with the kiddos.

Ever since Lexi turned three, we have gotten rid of the binkie habit. Everytime she puts one in her mouth, I tell her it needs to go in the drawer and she puts it there! And I told her no more diapers and she has been using the potty 90% of the time. I am so proud We haven't pushed a lot of things because of the two younger ones and they're only little for so long

There was a reason I was posting other than what I've wrote, but I can't remember now

Nina Wife to DH
Old 05-11-2009, 11:01 PM

Mamas. . . Hi! I find myself here in the *sniffle, sniffle* childhood years! My ds1 will be 3 on May 15th! It really has gone by soooo fast!!!! I need to cherish these years, they have literally gone by in a blink of an eye! Makes me so sad he's not a little baby anymore!!

Samantha:: love.gif {Waldorf Doll Maker} broc1.gif{Organic Farmer}knit.gif{crafter} computergeek2.gif {blogger}  and crunchy mama to 4 boys under 5! run.gif

Old 05-12-2009, 04:57 PM

Happy Birthdays! And Mother's Day!

I don't really do/expect much done for Mother's Day, but both my kids drew me pictures, which was really sweet of them. :-)

Marylizah, congrats on getting your painting done - and your DH's promotion.

DH just invited me to go to a work-related party that's a "prom" theme. This means I have to find something to WEAR! My wardrobe does NOT run to formal at any time, but especially NOT while 28 weeks pregnant! My SIL is sending me something to try, but we think it might not be big enough in the chest . . .

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Old 05-13-2009, 06:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mary, we are novice strawberry growers, too. We just overdo everything! I turns out half of the tiny plants we ordered were moldy, so we only planted about 75. But when our friend heard that, she gave us a bunch of cuttings from her patch.

Turns out I did manage to get out on my own last weekend, which was lovely, even though I had to go to Walmart. I stopped in the LLBean outlet and got a cute bathing suit that actually fits and looks presentable for $25, including the skirt that matches. I was probably more excited than was warranted, but now I can't wait for it to warm up.

Mama Beakley, a prom theme?! What a riot! There probably aren't many prom dresses for 28 weeks. You could always wear something like this.

Ugh, it's getting harder and harder to get Phoebe to take a nap after preschool. And next week it will be harder since she said the milk will go away on her birthday. In 2 days. Which will be the last time we nurse. Anyway, she's not falling asleep, so I think I need to change gears here. BBL.
Old 05-13-2009, 07:43 PM

Mambeakley, the prom theme sounds like fun. You could really have a good time w/that one. And Amy - yikes! Where in the world did you find that picture?!

Mary, I'm so glad your apartment is turning out the way you want. Ds's room & your patio full of flowers sound lovely.

Here's my extravagance for the month - I had 2 1/2 hours of housecleaning done today! I "won" a gift certificate at a silent auction fundraiser. It was so nice. While she was cleaning the little girls & I played outside, planted flowers, and had some special time together. Of course I still did a ton of laundry & other housework today, but she got so much of it done for me. :

Old 05-13-2009, 08:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can't believe May is going by so fast. Ryker will be 3 the end of the month yikes. It's gone by so fast.

Kami(31)DH(35)Alex(11),(4/05) (7/05),Ryker(8)(11/10) 
Harlan (11/4/2011)http://www.desertreadingloft.com--Independent Usborne Books Consultant
Old 05-13-2009, 11:39 PM

Oh how I've missed my May Mamas!! I really wanted to post on Clara's Birthday but haven't gotten a chance! Can you believe they are 3? I went looking for us in toddlers!! Clara is doing well and is so fun, and little Anna is already 6 months old! We had a small "dancing ballerinas" party. Clara is really into dancing, she will take lessons this summer. We made tutu's and jewelry and had cake and ice cream! I'm going to read the thread now and catch up on everyone!

Oh yeah, we are officially moving June 4!! I have a job waiting for me in my home town we are going to live with Mom until we have everything settled. Hope you all are doing well Happy Birthday babies!!!:

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
Old 05-14-2009, 10:05 AM - Thread Starter

Kathryn, you're moving already?! You must be so excited! You'll have to change your username, or just keep it and be all mysterious. What's the new job?

I stayed up way too late last night sewing little gifts for the kids coming to Phoebe's birthday brunch Saturday. I'm making 6 balloon balls like these, but I only got 2 done before something went screwy with my sewing machine and I spent a long time trying to fix it before I thought of just turning it off, rethreading it, and turning it back on. I probably have an hour of sewing left.

Max, I want someone to come clean my house! That sounds lovely.

After I complained Phoebe was having a hard time taking a nap, she slept for almost 3 hours. I had to wake her up at 7:00 for dinner, and she was pretty grumpy abouy being woken up! Maybe she's still a little droopy from the stomach bug she had Monday. (When she threw up ALL OVER her carseat. There are nooks and crannies in that carseat I didn't know existed!)
Old 05-14-2009, 12:13 PM

Lexi and I spent an hour reading last night while both of her younger siblings slept. It was a nice time I want to post pictures of the ladybug cake I made for her birthday when I find time to upload the pics - it was awesome!

Nina Wife to DH
Old 05-14-2009, 01:01 PM

ecoteat- I'll be working as a RN in L&D/post partum! I haven't decided about changing my name yet, it's all happening so fast! Those balls are so cute! I might get the girls one (but I'm not so ambitious as to make it!!!) I seem to not have a brain lately, I did something very similar to your sewing machine incident (answer was obvious, tried it last!) at work! Why do kids always throw up in carseats??? It's so gross!

babyluvandkisses- last year we had a ladybug party too! So much fun!

max- I need to hire a housecleaner!! And a babysitter for 2 weeks, and a mover!! What a great gift!!

Mamabeakley-how's the pregnancy going? I can't believe you're already 28 weeks!!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
Old 05-15-2009, 04:15 AM

Hey mamas!

Kathryn, so glad to hear everything is working out for you and you are getting back to TX! Has your DH found something there as well? Gosh, I can't believe your little one is already 6 months old!

Ecoteat, so sorry about the strawberry plants, but even more about the throw-up in the carseat. That's so yucky. I hope she feels better today.

Max, housecleaning! By someone else! I love it. It's so nice to have that every now and then! I found your knitting thread in the Yarn Crafts forum, if I'd known I would have joined earlier! I'm learning how to knit flat objects on circular needles, am working on a baby blanket for a friend. I hope it turns out well. Your projects sound so great, you've really figured out this knitting thing! I would love to try a felted project some day.

Mamabeakley, prom theme, lol! TBH, I didn't enjoy prom all that much in high school, though maybe revisiting it now would be fun! Your mother's day sounds like mine. DH is terrible about all holidays, etc, but *especially* this year. I got an E-card and DS wishing me a happy mother's day. It was very sweet, (though I would NOT have minded if DH had insisted on making dinner and doing the dishes )

I'm working hard on not feeling too lonely and isolated these days. I know life isn't perfect, and eventually we'll know more people and it'll be easier, but there are times that I wonder why I had to trade off having lots of family + friends in order to have my immediate family together and in our own home. I'm just... lonely.

But we have a busy weekend planned, putting in a floor in DS' room and celebrating his birthday with a little cake, and some presents. I still don't know if any of his friends here can make it, 2 for sure out of three won't be here this weekend, so it looks like it'll be a very small party. Trying not to feel too sad about that, too.
Old 05-15-2009, 10:00 AM

Kathryn, great news about the move & your job! I know how much you've been wanting to get back to Tx. & your family.

Mary, I should have linked the knitting thread for you - sorry! Do join in! I have finished the felted bag. It was fun & easy & came out great. I am going to do up a couple more as gifts. I am almost finshed w/my class project, which is a sweater for me. I'm totally into this knitting thing, as you can tell. I'm sorry it's feeling lonely out there. I hope you start making some connections & feel better soon. It's a huge change and it sounds like you are off to a great start. Congratulations on dh's promotion btw!

Amy, those balloon balls are adorable. I don't know where you find the time mama! Do you sleep?

Old 05-15-2009, 10:39 AM

I never actually went to a prom as a teenager. I probably could have - there was a guy in my church youth group who probably wanted to invite me - but he was a jerk and I gave him a very cold shoulder : I knew DH already, but we were both homeschoolers and besides, back then, we were both preoccupied proving to everyone that we were NOT a couple (going to a prom together would have kind of nixed that theory, now wouldn't it So this should be interesting. I do NOT think I will try for that style on the ugly dress site!

I'm 27 weeks, pg is going fine except that I feel awful most of the time I've got bad pelvic issues this time & while chiropracty has definitely helped, I'm still in pain by bedtime most days. And my digestion is all whacky. But the baby is happy and kicky and there's nothing WRONG with me, so that's good.

Hugs to Marylizah - and look for the good things when you can. Max, your crafts sound like fun! Kathryn, congrats on the job and the move - I'm excited for you! I know you'll be a wonderful L&D/Postpartum nurse. Nina, the ladybug cake sounds cute! Amy, I KNOW about carseats and vomit. Mine have only thrown up in the car once or twice in five years - but that was enough!

Old 05-15-2009, 04:34 PM

subbing

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Old 05-15-2009, 04:39 PM

Alaskaberry, come back & tell us how you are!! Long time no hear mama. Hope all is well w/you & the family.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:53 PM

Hi mamas! I decided to step down from being a Moderator I LOVED doing it, but it was very time consuming, and I felt like all my MDC time was spent doing that. I look forward to just posting now

We are well here, having a nice relaxing weekend with the girls. My mom and I took the girls out to eat at their favorite restaurant (Space Aliens) and now hubby is making them supper and we are going to make steaks later, yum! We're going to have a "girls" night of pedicures and manicures, should be fun!

Anyone else dealing with super whining and tantrums from they're lovely 3 year olds? Ugh, Alayna is awful with them right now. To the point that I dread having to spend a whole day with her I feel like I'm out of ideas on how to handle it. Anyone else?? That's why I made sure we were out and about today, I think we both needed it!

Marylizah- Oh hun, that would be hard, but like you said, you'll find a group of friends soon! Wouldn't it be wonderful if we all lived by each other?! Ahh, wishful thinking...

Max- I bet the bag turned out awesome! Are you guys camping this weekend?

Mamabeakley- Sorry you feel so awful, I remember feeling that way with Alayna too, hugs mama!!

Ok, must go, have a great weekend!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 05-17-2009, 12:01 AM - Thread Starter

Sydnee, I've often wondered how much time it takes to be a Mod. It would be weird to have responsibilities here rather than just posting and reading for fun and info.

Mama Beakley, that's great the baby is doing so well in there! Do you have things to do that make you feel good to make up for the general discomfort? I remember loving taking long baths in the morning sun every day when I was really pregnant. I didn't have any other kids though, so I don't know how practical something like that is for you.

Max, the balloon balls were really easy to make. I think the part that took the longest was putzing around with my sewing machine when the thread got all screwy. And they were a huge hit, with all the kids from 2 to 9 years old--and the adults too!

Kathryn, that is so exciting that you'll be in L&D! They are lucky to have you.

Last night we said goodbye to the mama milk. Today was hard for both of us. She was PISSED this morning when she woke up at the buttcrack of dawn expecting to nurse back to sleep. But we snuggled and talked and it was fine eventually. She had her birthday party today and I was a little worried about her seeing my friend nurse her toddler and newborn, but Phoebe was fine with it. She asked for milk later and when I pointed out that she said it would go away when she turned three, she moaned, "I don't want to be three!" MIL tried to get her to go to sleep tonight and that didn't work. DH is in there with her now and it has been silent for a long time, so they are probably both asleep. This is the first time I've been in the house while someone else puts her to bed. It's very weird. I'm nervous about Monday when dh has to be gone from very early in the morning until late at night. Phoebe is going to have a hard time in the morning and I'll have no help. I won't have any help with the post-preschool nap (when she's REALLY tired and cranky sometimes) and bedtime. I'm fully expecting Monday to suck. The birthday festivities have been really fun, but overwhelming for everyone I think. I think we'll lay low tomorrow and recover!

User Tag List