jeans recommendations for 4 yr old daughter - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My daughter will be four this autumn, and I really have trouble finding jeans for her. She is tall and and thin, and has no hips or backside to speak of. Most jeans I've found that give her the length she needs fall right off her around the waist. I've tried adjustable waist ones, but we always have to use the smallest setting and the extra elastic irritates her. The only jeans that I have found fit her the past two years have been Paris Blues. Does anyone else have experience with this and have actually found a brand that works?

Thanks!

married to my best friend since july of '93... mama to sage, who came when the pumpkins came in '05... and logan, who came with the hoar frost in january '10
#2 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:37 PM

I have seen Old NAvy in the past has had elastic waist jeans (linda like kid maternity jeans), maybe they will this fall, or you could find a pair on ebay. My 4 yr old likes knit pants best anyway,she calls jeans "hard pants." Does she need jeans for a specific activity (horseback riding etc)?
#3 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:38 PM

My 11 year old dd has always been like this. The only jeans that fit her right are Gap slim-fit.
#4 of 11 Old 07-27-2009, 11:56 PM - Thread Starter

No, she doesn't need them for any particular reason. She just likes to shiny belts with them. She pretty much lives in Gymboree leggings or dresses when it isn't summer.

I looked at Gap today, and their smallest size was a 5, and their slimmest fit was the Skinny Jean in slim. It was too big on her waist. I wanted to check out Justice For Girls, but didn't make it in. I know they merged with Limited Too, and their jeans were always slim and fit the tall, thin girls I used to nanny for.

Thanks for the thoughts! Maybe I could find an elastic waist jean!

married to my best friend since july of '93... mama to sage, who came when the pumpkins came in '05... and logan, who came with the hoar frost in january '10
#5 of 11 Old 07-28-2009, 12:35 AM

justice slim jeans work best for Janelle, 6slim is their smallest size though. They have no adjustable waist, but they are the slimmest jeans we've found, and we just pair them with an infinitely adjustable belt form Target (in the kid girl section). Their 6 is a little on the small size length wise, it's like halfway between a gymbo size 5slim and size 6slim. Janelle is 34lbs and 47" and in 6slim still, she was probably 45" (and still 34lbs) when we first bought them.

Jillian wife to Ryan and mommy to Janelle Ashlynn (9/09/2002), Kincaid Chance (3/29/2004), Travis Neil (8/13/2007) and River Anderson (5/02/2009).
#6 of 11 Old 07-28-2009, 03:34 AM

My DD is only a toddler so my advice may be moot but so far we've had the best luck with The Children's Place jeans fitting her petite frame. She's very lean for her age and has long legs, so this has been a challenge.

And Old Navy jeans stink! They are too long in the rise!

R~Mama to my sweet A 7//07 & bubbly Z 3/12

AND belly.gif due 9/13

#7 of 11 Old 07-28-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklingGemini View Post

And Old Navy jeans stink! They are too long in the rise!
That might just be for the toddler sizes, my 6 yr old niece was wearing them the other day and had butt crack showing. They fit my average sized 4 yr old nicely.

OP- doesnt gymboree have a slim size as well, or does that not start until size 5?
#8 of 11 Old 07-28-2009, 11:15 AM

Target has Circo jeans starting at size 4 and they come in slim. They are too long for my DD, but they might work for yours. I think they are on sale for $7 this week. They also have some stretch to them, which DD loves because otherwise she can't run and play as easily as she likes.
#9 of 11 Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! Very useful info.

I have never looked for jeans at Gymboree, only leggings....

#10 of 11 Old 07-29-2009, 11:38 PM

We found Kohls Sonoma jeans come in slim with an adjustable waist too. They work for my very slender 5 year old.
#11 of 11 Old 07-30-2009, 12:10 AM

My DD is just like this and I found the Levi's in the slim cuts (start as size 4 in girls) fit her the best. They do have the adjustable waist inside which we still needed even with the slim fit but they have been the best jeans we have found that fit her skinny legs, no butt and teeny petite frame. I usually buy them at Kohls when they go on sale. DD loves them!

Proud Army Wife, Christian, Mommy to Jackson (12/02) Jillian (12/03) and William (9/14/09). Expecting our newest blessing Aug 2010!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page