Soccer moms, shorts for skinney 6 YO - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-08-2009, 06:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Please help me find shorts for a skinney 6 year old girl. Preferably navy with white stripe.

She weighs ~42 lbs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2009, 07:00 PM

Are girls shorts & boys shorts different?

I got my son a pair in the boys section of Target that are black with a drawstring, they also had ones with stripes down the side, for about $6. He is (almost) 5, not even 40lbs. Since they have a functional drawstring, we can just cinch them tight. I think I got him a size 5. Just look like standard soccer shorts.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:44 AM

Since boy's shorts are crazy-long, just shop the little boy's section. Look on a size chart for her waist size, maybe 3t? 4t? with a drawstring.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I second shopping in the "little kids" section and getting ones with drawstrings. I have a skinny 8 year old boy and we have finally moved up in the 'big boys' section - but we buy XS (4/5) or possibly S (6/7) with drawstrings, depending on how they run. Note, however, that boys' stuff runs considerably larger in the waist than girls stuff. I buy ds' sweatpants in the girls section (or DID until they changed the cut to flare out and the bottom and made them look too 'girly' for him : (his words, not mine).)

Children's Place had some nice ones (cotton blend, white stripe up the side) in XS with drawstrings that I bought at the end of the summer for ds. I bet these would work for your dd if you can find them.

I also find that Kohl's brand stuff runs small. Target brand stuff runs large. Old Navy/Gap run large.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
Old 09-10-2009, 05:47 AM

I get the stretchy waist with the drawstring. If you get true 'soccer' shorts (Adidas, Puma, Nike), they run long so my almost 9/yo (who weighs 46 lbs.) wears a 4/5. DD is 10 (58 lbs.) and wears a 6/7.

Sgt. Renninger, Ofc. Owens, Ofc. Griswold, Ofc. Richards, Deputy Mundell
Gone but not fogotten.

User Tag List