Brittle/Breaking Hair - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-08-2009, 11:58 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Does anyone know why my 4 year old's hair would be breaking easier and looking thin? Over the past 6 months it just looks so broken and it seems like there's a lot less of it. My first though is that she is always ripping out her barrettes and elastics.. when she doesn't want them in anymore she just rips them out of ther hair. We only shampoo 2x a week and use conditioner on those days too. I feel like it's such a crazy mess... any thoughts? Should I worry that it's somethign in her diet or is it just the stress on her hair? I do notice, too, that when our younger one pulls her hair a decent amount comes out.

p.s. - her hair is thin but wavy (curly when humid or if it dries right out of the shower).. but when we brush it it's almost like a frizzy straight mess. always looks fly-away like.

TIA

homeschooling mama to ella (9) and maya (5)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2009, 04:11 AM

Breaking brittle thinning hair can be a sign of health issues, such as a nutritional deficiency, hormonal imbalance or exposure to environmental toxins.

Timmy's Mommy WARNINGyslexic typing with help of preschooler, beware of typos
Old 10-09-2009, 10:11 AM

Shampooing 2x per week w/ "natural" baby shampoo was way to much for my DD's hair. Now we rinse w/ dechlorinated water - no shampoo. It took about a month to notice a difference and, obviously, longer for the broken spots to fill back in. But it worked.

User Tag List