How does baby sleep...noisey siblings?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 03:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For example I say the baby is asleep please be quiet or whisper. Literally a minute later someone raises their voice or slams a door. Am I expecting too much from a 6,7 & 10 year old??

How does a baby sleep in a house with older siblings. I am going crazy here. HELP!

Veronica wife to Arn 1.31.09 Stepmom to Hannah 9.22.99 & Leah 5.14.02 *~Momma to Liam Craig 7.01.03 & ~* Keira Josephine Fjaril 10.30.09*~
#2 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 11:44 AM

I have a 5yo, a 3yo and an almost 3 month old. I wear the baby a lot, he then seems able to sleep through most things when in the sling, but I do find it limiting for me. I think it's impossible to keep the older children quiet but if you find a way let me know!
#3 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 03:47 PM

How about white noise? We live next to a commuter train line, so I got white noise machines to drown out the morning train whistles...also works great for drowning out the sound of ds playing while dd naps.

lady.gif mama to H. 4/05 and A. 9/08 and baby C. 10/11

#4 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 03:55 PM

Thank you for asking. I am at my wit's end. My 2 year old is a little noise MACHINE. I thought 2nd children were supposed to be able to sleep through anything, but he's such a light sleeper! As soon as I get him down, she starts singing at the top of her lungs or knocking things over or doing something noisy, and it wakes him up! He never gets a good nap.

Trying to live a simple life in a messy house in a complicated world with : DH, DD (b. 07/07), DS (b. 02/09), and DD (b. 10/10)
#5 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 06:21 PM
pjs

Subbing because I'd like some solutions with a 2.5, 5, and 7 yo! Been thinking about a white noise machine.
#6 of 6 Old 01-07-2010, 09:13 PM

We use a window fan (the big box kind) turned toward a corner of the room so it is not blowing into the room. Works WONDERS!!!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page