Best Booster Seat for a 5 year old? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-05-2010, 02:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DS will be turning 5 in July, and I'm starting to research which booster seat is the best/safest. (well, I guess my first step in researching is just asking you guys for your opinions...I don't even know where to start! ) He is currently riding in a Britax Marathon and at 40lbs seems to be growing out of it a bit (he's pretty tall). I'm also, frankly, feeling pressure from all my friends around me who's kids (of similar ages) are already in boosters. I know that's lame but it's made me think about the whole thing and figure it's about time. I just want to make sure that the booster is super safe, just like the Britax which latches in and is super sturdy, etc. Any and all suggestions will be appreciated and further researched!

Me my DH 4.5 year old DS and who just arrived on the scene 6/10 Excited to be blogging! Decluttering in 2010: 2010 / 2010
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2010, 06:16 PM

If his shoulders are above the straps at the highest setting, then he has outgrown the seat. Actually FFing they are never supposed to be above the straps.

Have you considered keeping him in a 5pt harness booster? If so, I'd check out the Graco Nautilus, Britax Regent or Frontier (March 29th they will start shipping the new Frontier 85).

~*Heather*~
Wife to J 9/00 Mama to K 12/05
Old 02-05-2010, 09:08 PM - Thread Starter

Hmmm...didn't even know there were 5pt harness booster seats...thanks for the info!

I've also recently heard that a seat by Sunshine kids was really good...anyone hear about that one?

Me my DH 4.5 year old DS and who just arrived on the scene 6/10 Excited to be blogging! Decluttering in 2010: 2010 / 2010

User Tag List