♥ May 2006 Mamas ♥ The last thread finally hit 100 posts ♥ - Page 6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-01-2010, 01:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mamabeakley, happy birthday to your ds2!!! Good luck w/your job interview. i'm sure you'll be amazing. And I'm sorry to hear of your loss.

Not too much new on our front. We attended a family game night at our church last night - it was fun for all. The kids did great, even LO was having a grand time playing Candy Land & Go Fish.

We are having a strange thing going on w/dd(age 6) that I'd love to get your thoughts on. For the past couple of weeks she has been super-sensitive, crying at the drop of a hat, feelings very easily hurt, everything is a tragedy, and always focusing on the negative. At first I thought she wasn't feeling well, maybe on the verge of coming down w/something. But nothing has happened. There is no extra stress going on in her life that I am aware of. In fact things are great at home now that dh has had his surgery. We've tried talking to her about what might be troubling her. She may site an example of something minor w/kids at school, but that's all. (We have good communication w/her kindergarten teacher, so if there was an issue I know she would let us know.) We try to redirect her & empowere her to change the way she is thinking. It works in the moment, but the sensitivity soon returns. It's got us a bit . I do remember going through a phase like this last year, and she bounced back after a bit. She is an very kind, sensitive girl. I think sometimes she just gets overwhelmed.

Happy mama of four Wild Things
"And now," cried Max "let the wild rumpus begin!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 01:00 PM

Happy Birthday to my May boy, and to Alayna! And happy Birth Day to me and Sydnee!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Old 05-02-2010, 02:19 PM

Mamabeakely- Happy Birthday to your little man! What are your plans for the day? I'm feeling a bit sentimental today about her birthday.

I cannot believe that our May babies are turning four! Unbelievable. I am so happy and lucky to have all you mamas in my life. Really. I love that you all "get" me, when others don't, lol. I so hope that someday we can all meet, wouldn't that be fantastic??!!!

I just finished making Alayna's Tinkerbelle cake, I'll post a pic later. We are having DH's family over this afternoon for supper and cake. Lots of stuff to get done.

Have a wonderful day, and Happy Birthday to Mamabeakley's little guy and Alayna's!!!!

Busy Mama to three beautiful girls and loving wife to my hubby
Old 05-02-2010, 03:00 PM

Happy-happy day to Alayna & Mamabeakley's ds!!!!

(We love you too Sydnee! )

Old 05-02-2010, 07:07 PM

Max--this is just my experience, so feel free to regard or disregard. Basically, children's chakras are more open than adults'--that's why they feel things so deeply. It can be hard for them to block out negativity. You could practice with her, how to put up an energy shield around her body. Visualize white light from head to toe, all the bad stuff going from her body as you count to 20. You can do this in the name of God of course. Then when she is comfortable with it, she can put the shield (white or blue) around herself in situations where it's necessary (peers teasing, disturbing situations on TV, etc). I hope that helps.

Happy birthday to Mamab & your little guy! Do you guys share the same birthday too?

And happy birthday to Alayna!

SAHM to my wonderful constellationwild.gif 5/2006 & northern light bouncy.gif1/2009 fly-by-nursing1.giffambedsingle2.gifslingboy.gif
Old 05-03-2010, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Max, I have no idea what things upset 6 year olds. I hope she's happier soon.

Happy birthday Alayna and Mama Beakley's LO!

Phoebe CAN'T WAIT for her birthday. I love that she has enough of a sense of numbers that I can say it's in 12 days, and yesterday it was 13. As we get closer she'll really be able to understand a countdown. My parents are coming that weekend, so it will be pretty exciting. It's pretty fun that this is the first year she knows that she will get gifts specifically for her and is making requests--a dress made by me with flowers, polka dots, stripes, and lots of twirling and a toy semi truck that she can put things in. I LOVE the dichotomy.

I made us a new thread over here.
Old 05-04-2010, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
t1h

good afternoon amazing ladies! only thing i have left to do is a spanish final on thursday! i havent even had a chance to open mdc let alone read anything in over a week . soooooooooooooo ready to b done with this semester. talk soon!

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." ~ Emo Philips tea6.gif

Me, DH, DS1, DS2, November 2012 brokenheart.gif, July 2013 brokenheart.gif, March 2014 brokenheart.gif

candle.gif Waiting on my SunshineBaby om.gif

Old 02-15-2011, 08:36 PM

Hoping that this will send an e-mail to all my fabulous May 2006 Mamas!! Where are y'all! Hope things are going great! Can you believe they are almost 5?!?!? Plus fun news, we are going to have #3 in August!

Mama to Clara 5/2/06, & Anna 11/4/08 and wife to Dan 6/8/02
Old 02-16-2011, 04:33 AM

Hey TxMominCt - good to hear from you! And CONGRATULATIONS on your wonderful news! How very exciting. I am so happy for you. How's all been in your life?

(Oh, and this is the old thread. There is a newer one somewhere if you can find it. That will give you some more current updates on the may mama clan.)

User Tag List