3 year old suddenly crying all day at preschool - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 02-08-2010, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have a 3 year old who's been going to a montessori school since august.The first couple of days he cried when I dropped him off but since then he's done great.He usually comes out of school very happy and excited,but friday when he came out he had a serious look on his face.I asked him if he fell down or anything else happened but he wouldn't tell me.This morning when I dropped him off he was making a face like he was fixing to cry and when I picked him up the director said he cried all day.She said his teacher even took his temperature thinking he was sick and it was normal.I've been asking him why he cried but he just ignores me and starts playing with his toys.I'm planning on talking to his teacher tommorrow but I was just wondering if anyone has any suggestions or if anyone else has been in this situation.

Thanks

I love working from home so I can spend time with my kids. Message me if you'd like to join me! www.evmamas.com/Christina

#2 of 6 Old 02-08-2010, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I wonder if he is afraid of another child there or if something happened with a teacher?

wash.gif  Me  + bikenew.gif Dh =  broc1.gif  Dd1(9 yrs) + hearts.gif  Dd2(6 yrs) and blowkiss.gif Ds(3.5 yrs)
#3 of 6 Old 02-08-2010, 09:28 PM - Thread Starter

That's what I'm thinking because he usually does fine.Hopefully I find out what happened soon.Thanks for your reply

I love working from home so I can spend time with my kids. Message me if you'd like to join me! www.evmamas.com/Christina

#4 of 6 Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
My dd used to have a week or two every year when she just didn't want to go to daycare. When she got like this I would spend more one on one time with her and pick her up earlier a few times during the week. It may be that he just doesn't want to be there or something else may be going on. Hopefully talking to the teacher helps you get a full picture of what is going on.
#5 of 6 Old 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM

I have been going through the exact same thing, only mine just turned 4 and he has been at this preschool for a year, and I think our situation is slightly different. my son goes to school 2 mornings a week, and the other kids are there every day, some all day for day care. I have talked to his teachers and they think that he has recently started crying when I drop him off because he feels left out. I think I am going to send him every morning starting next week.
How did your meeting with the teachers go? Did they have any good feedback for you?
#6 of 6 Old 02-09-2010, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

I found out today that there was a new boy in class that was bothering him.They said once they seperated them Caleb was fine.I don't know how the teachers got him to tell them but they did! I was so happy today when I picked him up and he was back to normal.Thanks everyone for your replys!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page